Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sweet I was able to do it, thanks bros. Rod mastery puts my TT up to 1100 now yeeeeeee

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Nice grats!

I finally took Ayaka out for a test drive today and put down Elnath. Used Basch, Ayaka, Roy, Rikku, and GL Sakura. Swapped in DV and Orlandeau for the right arm, but the fight was mostly Thundaja spam. I now have two whole summon tickets saved now for CG Sakura Friday :p

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
CG Sakura is awesome, and she's my strongest unit of my JP team, but I would still classify her as a luxury pull that no one really needs. Chase her if you can afford it, but she's easily skipped for anyone low on resources.

I'm going to be passing on her banner, but I would be pleased to see her pop up in an off-banner pull down the road.

Molten Core Raider
Im trying to take it easy on lapis buying for a little bit. Ive actually reached a point where all the 24/7 TMR farming Ive been doing has gotten me most of the TMRs from my box that I feel like I need to get. Multiples in some cases. Now that I finally got Ayaka and no need for lapis refill TMR farming, Im hoping to slide into a F2P status for a bit (Im sure it will only last a week, maybe two tops).

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im trying to take it easy on lapis buying for a little bit. Ive actually reached a point where all the 24/7 TMR farming Ive been doing has gotten me most of the TMRs from my box that I feel like I need to get. Multiples in some cases. Now that I finally got Ayaka and no need for lapis refill TMR farming, Im hoping to slide into a F2P status for a bit (Im sure it will only last a week, maybe two tops).

So until Beatrix comes out?

Tiphares

Golden Squire
This week is another pass for me. Need to save for the next rounds of amazing global exclusives and holiday events.

Got a few more friend slots open: 082,714,846

Bloodgruve

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys, looking for some advice on CG Sakura.

During the Wicked Moon trial I felt the pain of not having a strong non elemental MAG ability damage unit. No TTerra or GLSakura. I did Moon with Ashe x2 and GLSakura friend. Moons requirements for No Black Magic and the need to manage HP of the Apostles & Moon for the final kill made me feel like my team was lacking. I have 3x DFina and now have 2x Emperor, Lunera and Barbarella but past that my other MAG units are hybrid. GLSakura seems to just have a great kit with AoE Chaining and ST Chaining MAG abilities.

I'm pretty set with 7 Stars when they show up. DV, Aileen, OK, Wilhelm, Ayaka, Noctis and Roy. For Mages I have DFina and Emperor multiples already.

I whaled for a while and made a new years resolution to go more f2p so I'm limiting my daily, ticket and big lapis pulls quit a bit. Especially after the last update.

My questions;

With this lineup for future 6 star content would you pull for CG Sakura?
Same question for future 7 star content, would you pull for her?
Are there any Trials or 10 mans that have constraints that CG Sakura does really well on where my other MAG units may struggle?

So... Pull for CG Sakura, spend on limited banners or save for another future unit?

Input is appreciated.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My questions;

With this lineup for future 6 star content would you pull for CG Sakura?
Same question for future 7 star content, would you pull for her?
Are there any Trials or 10 mans that have constraints that CG Sakura does really well on where my other MAG units may struggle?
If you're talking all the way into the 7* era, then Emperor is more dps than CGSakura at 7*, assuming the boss is not immune to fire.

If asking about upcoming trials and 10 man bosses, then to briefly go over them for the next 6'ish months:

Moose trial -- faceroll with any dps
Iron Giant trial -- neutral to all elements, magic seriously favored here
Bomb trial -- immune to everything except fire and ice damage (including non-elemental)

Spear 10 man -- neutral all elements, magic damage required for phase2
Hammer 10 man -- weak to fire and thunder
Katana 10 man -- neutral to all
Dagger 10 man -- immune to holy, neutral to the rest
Hat 10 man -- immune to dark in phase1, immune to all but fire in phase2

Hope that partially answers your question.

The TLDR is that Sakura is better than Emperor for magic dps at 6*, but Emperor is better at 7* and "good enough" until 7* comes out. This is only taking into consideration their damage, and not extra utility. Sakura has some nice utility skills, but nothing unique that you can't easily get from other units.

Bloodgruve

Molten Core Raider
Sinzar,

Thank you for that response. That is very informative. I think I will be saving for limited units. I tried for GLSakura but no luck that whole banner. I read your statement about CGS and thought I'd start asking more specific questions.

Much appreciated!

Blood~

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Free summons for 2 weeks starting today, but the summon banners are not showing up for me. Empty... tried rebooting my phone and restarting the game a lot.

Banner finally updated. Free summon was Ayaka #2.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the heads up. I dropped my 7 saved summon tickets this morning, pulled a CG Lasswell dupe. Got excited for the rainbow, expected Sakura, received disappointment.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks for the heads up. I dropped my 7 saved summon tickets this morning, pulled a CG Lasswell dupe. Got excited for the rainbow, expected Sakura, received disappointment.

Don't be disappointed. Even though it's a long ways off, CG Lass is easily one of the strongest 7*s in the game.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hmm. Wonder if the free standard summon has a boosted rainbow rate for the first pull? Since others here also got rainbows.

I got Tidus. My fifth rainbow ever, first really decent chainer, actually. So now I have Basch, Seabreaze Dark Fina, Ace (*2) and Tidus. Used all those free tickets pulling on the Ayaka banner--could have used either of the split, since Luka is my only healer outside of Roselia really. Seven pulls, didn't even get a 4 star. Feelsbadman (And the worst part is, I can actually use a few three stars for Trust Mastery--didn't get any of them either lol. However, can't complain too much, finally got a Cecil and Zidane on my daily pulls, which I was doing hoping for another Basch since they announced his 7 star or Balth). Was nice seeing the rainbow today after that.

I had enough lapis to do 2 11 pulls from working my way through story missions. But saving it right now for CG Fina, heard she's nearly as good at healing (Not as good with status effects, stop ect) but more versatile with damage, which given my limited unit selection I think would be better for me overall. I know that will probably be a split banner, but honestly I could use just about any rainbow--except Seabreeze Dark Fina =-/, what a dog shit unit. Her ridiculously expensive upgrades only make her 'okay'. That said, I'm of course not actually counting on it even if I manage to get enough for three pulls--I blew nearly all the starting lappis and tickets on Cloud's banner, just because I really like Cloud and a bunch of clouds were carrying my noob ass at the time hah, but that's where I got my Ace's.

Edit: Btw, how often do those really sweet packs come up like a few weeks ago? 300 Lappis for a free ticket and energy ect? That was a pretty amazing deal. Essentially the daily summon but on any banner, and an energy refill.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Don't be disappointed. Even though it's a long ways off, CG Lass is easily one of the strongest 7*s in the game.
Oh well that's handy then. Lasswell doesn't have the 700 year old loli factor going for him though. In retrospect my small handful of pulls managed to avoid any on-banner unit, so Ill call that a minor win.

Definitely save for CG Fina. Having a healer of that caliber changes so much about the game for you. Save your tickets/lapis (and luck) for a few more weeks then cross your fingers.

Vinen

God is dead
Oh well that's handy then. Lasswell doesn't have the 700 year old loli factor going for him though. In retrospect my small handful of pulls managed to avoid any on-banner unit, so Ill call that a minor win.

Definitely save for CG Fina. Having a healer of that caliber changes so much about the game for you. Save your tickets/lapis (and luck) for a few more weeks then cross your fingers.

700 y/o loli :hype:

Screenshot_20180202-083814.png

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Second pull on the free banner...Got CG Laswell--pretty stoked, two five stars back to back, think I've used all my luck up. Wish I didn't burn my burst pots to save room. Heard maxing his limit really helps him, and I know its cheaper to max at five stars. =-/