Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have a good link to a simple "best unit per role" guide? Having a hard time finding a write up that isn't convoluted with numbers and stats and other shit that my brain can't register. I pulled a fuckton of units since coming back last week after over a year and have no clue which if any are worth leveling. Also is there anyway to tell which roll they fill? I can't tell which are tanks/breakers/chainers etc...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I was gonna type up some big list, but glancing at that memelord page, it's pretty detailed and my list would be pretty close to what he chose with maybe some minor adjustments, but overall his list is decent, so use that :)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Glad he has Kunshira so high. She was the best surprise I've gotten in this game. I was super disappointed when I pulled her because I was going for Fina, and my first 2 rainbows were Kun. Didn't even know what she did, and figured she was mediocre or a troll.

Instead I've ended up using her extensively. She's not as powerful a chainer as other units, but she can do a ton of elements so she's extremely versatile. Only thing that sucks about her is she doesn't have a chaining partner outside of a dupe--but she does okay with OK and several others even if the chains are imperfect. Still, the ability to imperil and chain multiple elements and finish with those elements is amazing.

Last edited:

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what are some good limit bursts to level? I have Tidus and Roy maxed now. I tried looking on Reddit, but I can't find a consensus on other units to spend my pots on.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So what are some good limit bursts to level?
For 5* base units:

Heavenly Tactician Lid -- raises fullbreak to 70%
Sephiroth -- raises holy/dark imperil to 100%
Tidus -- raises water imperil to 100%
Light Veritas -- raises def/spr break to 74%
Wilhelm -- raises party mitigation to 54%
Knight Delita -- raises atk/mag break to 64%
Loren -- not as good today, but worth maxing at 7*
Noctis -- raises party buffs to 124%
Onion Knight -- raises def break to 74%
Roy -- increases party buffs to 124%
Maritime Strategist Nichol (soon) -- raises party buffs to 134%

Pure Damage LB:
Blossom Sage Sakura -- can chain LB's with a dupe for big damage
Cloud -- very high damage, but can't chain
Nameless Gunner Jake -- good for OTK teams at 7*, less useful today

There's also a lot of 4* units with great limit breaks, but as we get closer and closer to the 7* era, you may not want to invest in units soon to be outdated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a 2nd Elfreeda from the step up and then Cloud from one of the last event tickets. Should I build cloud dual wield or DH until I can get the BiS TMR's farmed? Best I can do now is excal II with killian's scarf, regular doublehand and atk boosts landing me at about 935atk. Any DW build I try only approaches ~700.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Used a couple tickets from the raid, got my first Cloud. Now I have to decide whether to do the step up and maybe hope for all the pieces for a TDH, or to wait for Maritime Nichol. Only reason the TDH stuff might be good is because I got really lucky with the Tomb Raider banner and got two Ex Aileen's (And have two of her TMRs), and two Tidus, so if I get Marshal gloves I'll have everything I need. But I have zero way to get more lapis, have 20k right now from blitzing through the last 2 sections of the story during the 1/2 energy event, but the well will be dry right at about a full lap. Given the normal rotation of events plus daily, it takes me about 2 months to build up 25k if I don't do dailies, and there are no story sections to farm. A little longer if its not a really good set of daily rewards like this month.

From what I cans see, Nichol is the more critical unit. I love my Lunera, but the shit with trials just won't fly. And from what I understand, dual wield is more than enough for content coming up. Would you guys who play JP agree with that assessment?

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got a 2nd Elfreeda from the step up and then Cloud from one of the last event tickets. Should I build cloud dual wield or DH until I can get the BiS TMR's farmed? Best I can do now is excal II with killian's scarf, regular doublehand and atk boosts landing me at about 935atk. Any DW build I try only approaches ~700.

Cloud is a TDH finisher and shouldn't be built with dual wield ever. To be honest Cloud isnt a very good unit to use unless you need to kill something with a limit burst or need generic non elemental finishing. He will also want to use the 3* unit (Conrad) from his own banner as his main weapon unless you need to use an element.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
[
Used a couple tickets from the raid, got my first Cloud. Now I have to decide whether to do the step up and maybe hope for all the pieces for a TDH, or to wait for Maritime Nichol. Only reason the TDH stuff might be good is because I got really lucky with the Tomb Raider banner and got two Ex Aileen's (And have two of her TMRs), and two Tidus, so if I get Marshal gloves I'll have everything I need. But I have zero way to get more lapis, have 20k right now from blitzing through the last 2 sections of the story during the 1/2 energy event, but the well will be dry right at about a full lap. Given the normal rotation of events plus daily, it takes me about 2 months to build up 25k if I don't do dailies, and there are no story sections to farm. A little longer if its not a really good set of daily rewards like this month.

From what I cans see, Nichol is the more critical unit. I love my Lunera, but the shit with trials just won't fly. And from what I understand, dual wield is more than enough for content coming up. Would you guys who play JP agree with that assessment?

Everything has been beaten in JP with dual wield so yeah in that regard you're fine. ExAlieen tm wont be used in the 7* meta unless you're lacking a proper gear setup. TDH come with 100% innate so you need to make up the other 200% It's not really up for debate that TDH does alot more damage than DW and this banner is the best chance at getting a full set. If I was lacking Cloud or Elfreeda I'd dump everything I had on these steps. It's your account though, so what you will.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Decided I couldn't go so deep on this banner without seeing it through till the bitter end, so I went back and was ready to do that final 25k lap, but I ended up getting the Cloud I needed on the very first 5k (of the third lap). Grand total of 55,000 lapis got me 1 Cloud and 4 Elfreeda (Nyx and Rem as off-banners too). More than I would have liked to spend, but got what I needed in the end so I guess it was worth.

My day 28 login reward EX 5* ticket was Aranea.... which is pretty worthless.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah after seeing 2b ranked so high in that list, I kinda regret going in for a full lap on sephiroth. I thought I was really lacking with only having 2b as a physical chainer but I probo woulda been better off going all in this banner. Oh well I'm only missing cloud so I'm not too far off.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
2B only chains with herself, so you need two copies of her, or a friend 2B. These days I almost never see Nier friends, so finding a 2B to chain with can be hard (even harder when a trial comes around that wants a specific gear loadout).

Because 2B can't chain with anyone but a dupe, she's not that good for 10 man battles. She also has no 7* form at all in JP. Global may give her a GLExclusive 7* form, but it's not a sure thing.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am going to knock out the Wicked Moon trial tonight and it would help a lot if some of y'all could put up some Trance Terra's as friends. Thanks dudes!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I am going to knock out the Wicked Moon trial tonight and it would help a lot if some of y'all could put up some Trance Terra's as friends. Thanks dudes!

pic.jpg

Best I can do for you. Fully enhanced, with magical demon killer. Hope it helps, she's set!

• 1Like

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I am wavering on my decision pass on the TDH step-up banner. I have a 1/2 setup with ExAileen and 1 Elfreeda. I might wait until the last day and see what is announced in the next two weeks

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Do you plan to chase Hyoh, Randi, Jecht, or Auron? Those are the big units that use TDH setups. Other units like Tidus, Prompto etc can use TDH, but they aren't really "meta" at 7*. If you are not chasing those four units I listed, you can safely pass on TDH.