Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's a breaker unit, correct?

Yes, and while that sounds kinda narrow she's more versatile than she seems. On fights where you don't need the higher break % from her LB, her normal breaks leave her enough turns to either generate LB crystals with sunbeam or use an ability granted from a materia or accessory like rikku's pouch, pod 153, or horn cradle. Alternately, she could summon Lakshmi/Fenrir. She gets much stronger at 7* when she gains the w/ability for her single stat breaks, making her far less dependent on her LB.

units/886 - FFBraveExvius

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So how do I unlock DW for Seph? Do I need to unlock Zidanes TMR?

Sorry for all the noob questions, been looking through the wiki's and reddit but there is alot of info to wade through and I get overwhelmed.

Molten Core Raider
Yep, you need an item that grants Dual Wield such as Zidane's TMR, a Genji Glove (Gilgamesh's TMR), Awesome Swordsman (Loren's TMR) all grant Dual Wield. There are a few other items out there that will give some form of Dual Wield (like Jiraiya's TMR), but those three are the main ones Seph would use.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thoughts on the CG Lid banner?
Lid is great at what she does, but I think I'm going to pass on her, and I'll explain my thoughts (sorry if it seems rambling).

First of all, for 10 man content, she is not needed. 50% breaks are enough, and for the few bosses where you really want stronger breaks, there's a lot of options, such as Knight Delita or even Timothy that get the job done. The only 10 man boss in JP where I felt like I really needed stronger breaks was Watcher Welker (10 man boss #13) and that's because he uses the new boss system that nerfs breakers (new bosses in JP have passive stat bonuses that ignore breaks, think break resistance from FFRK). Watcher Welker is long after the 7* meta though, and probably 18 months away from GL, and he comes out after Auron, who is the Lid upgrade anyway.

For story content, mog events, raids, and the easy "mog trial" bosses, all of that content is faceroll so breakers are whatever. For the remaining hard content, there's chamber of the fallen, chamber of the indignant, and 3* espers. I'll briefly go over them for how relevant a breaker is:

Esper 3*:

Shiva, Ramuh, Golem, Titan, Tetra, Diabolos -- Either they're immune to breaks, or the fight is trivialized with an immune cover tank
Lakshimi, Carbuncle, Fenrir, Phoenix -- These fights are easy, and a 50% break is plenty
Odin -- Only def/spr breaks work, and 50% is fine
Leviathan, Alexander -- These esper battles are assrape and you really want high end breaks. Friend Lid is good enough.

Chamber of Indignant:

Reborn Demon Chimera, Brachiasaur, Intagir, Greater Demon, Antenora, Twohead Dragon -- Either immune, or 50% breaks is plenty
Europa reborn -- Extremely hard trial, high end breaker recommended. I did it on JP by taking a Lid friend.

Chamber of the Fallen:

Iron Giant -- easy trial
Bomb Family -- easy trial with evade cover tank (use a friend if you can't build your own)
Omega Weapon -- extremely hard trial, high end breaks help, but evasion tank totally negates the need for breaks
Queen Malboro -- You want a strong breaker, I did it with a friend Lid on JP
Calcabrina -- Strong breaker helps, but with evasion tank you don't really need more than 50%
Dark Shiva & Dark Golem -- Breaks not very important with a properly built team (immune cover tank / evasion tank)

So as you can see, the only places you REALLY want a strong breaker are like 5-6 trials, most of which are 6+ months away, and all of them (except one) you can just use a friend Lid. Everywhere else in the game she will be on the bench.

Is she a great unit? Absolutely. Is she worth chasing? I don't think so, as long as one of your friends can land her. Gonzy.... go pull one for me!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Forgot android and ios lapis were different, checked android and found out I had 5k, did the last step and the thing fucking crashes. Congrats on my dupe Lila though. :|

Nocello

Golden Squire
Yes, and while that sounds kinda narrow she's more versatile than she seems. On fights where you don't need the higher break % from her LB, her normal breaks leave her enough turns to either generate LB crystals with sunbeam or use an ability granted from a materia or accessory like rikku's pouch, pod 153, or horn cradle. Alternately, she could summon Lakshmi/Fenrir. She gets much stronger at 7* when she gains the w/ability for her single stat breaks, making her far less dependent on her LB.

units/886 - FFBraveExvius
Thanks for explaining that, Gav.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did not expect Alhena today, but he's released! Here's my budget clear video for Alhena, all missions, no rainbows and no TMR except one 3*:

Team:
  • Lightning
  • Mystea
  • Mealiadoul
  • Bran
  • Rikku
  • Garnet
  • Victoria
  • Roselia
  • Beach Time Fina
  • Sylvia
The video has a commentary walkthrough of the fight, but I'll probably edit in a text guide to this post later.

fredator

Bronze Knight of the Realm
yeah dragon whisker trumps rebertas tmr, still hoping she has fry type enhancements and not just upgraded jump, jump (kris kros) damage. dragon whisker was a "fun" wep in 12 tho. but grinding spear type tmrs doesnt get me goin. did rip a ticket duke w hopes of a 2nd seph. the spear damage will be (lame) high

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Reberta.jpg

Molten Core Raider
If they do end up boosting Reberta to Fryevia levels of awesome I'll go back and edit every post Ive made bashing the 7 Reberta's Im sitting on and replace them with "I'm a derp" memes.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ended up getting through a full lap of the sephi banner and ended up with a 3rd TT, K Delita and 2x Sephiroth.

Gf used 7 regular tickets on Lid banner and ripped a Lid. Her luck in this game really turned around

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Did my last two step ups, got another round of full blues (Only gold the forced =-/), so 100 pulls without a rainbow. (103 actually, since I used the extra trickets heh.)

Last pull on the step up got three rainbows. Willhelm, Eiko and the forced, Seph! Needed all three. Eiko's TMR can complete my Lunera build (Have the tinker bow), have been using the Christmas bell, but this is so much better. Plus Eiko isn't bad. Provoke tank is great, and of course Seph. Now I just need dupes of all of them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I used the 10+1 ticket we got. Landed a rainbow, got all excited. Then Gladiolus popped out, so then I got depressed. His TMR is alright, but I already have (and finished) Basch and Wilhelm TMR's, so I really don't need yet another tank shield, and Gladiolus is a terribad unit. Sadface.

Hoping the 5* ex ticket we get in a few days is something better!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I used the 10+1 ticket we got. Landed a rainbow, got all excited. Then Gladiolus popped out, so then I got depressed. His TMR is alright, but I already have (and finished) Basch and Wilhelm TMR's, so I really don't need yet another tank shield, and Gladiolus is a terribad unit. Sadface.

Hoping the 5* ex ticket we get in a few days is something better!

Heh, I have never gotten a rainbow from a 10+1, ever. Even the free ones when I first started. But I honestly think I'd be more pissed off with a troll rainbow. They really are the worst.

• 1Salty

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got a Noctis and Mystea from the 10+1, well and a Yuna but I don't think I need her since I have Ayaka and Eiko. Got everything I need from the event bucks, but I still need to do the exploration hard boss.

Molten Core Raider
Cloud rerun banner this week. Seems weird to rerun that so soon but I guess they're wanting to cash in on the Sephiroth "hype". They're adding a step up banner if anyone really wants a Cloud or Elfreeda.

They are also adding 3* Shiva and Ramuh though, so that'll be fun.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Demon Chimera and Brachiosaur reborn too. This is a good week.

I may do the Cloud/Elfreed stepup. I don't have any TDH equipment yet, so it's a pretty good deal. I'm not entirely sure yet, because I also don't have any units to actually use that TDH gear, but there's some future units I plan to chase that need it. Idk, maybe one lap. We'll see how I feel this Friday.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you are going to be playing this game long term the Cloud step up is the best banner to go all in on. TDH is completely future proof.