Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
man, I really don't like the equipment/party management in this game. Why can't I have the same piece of equipment on the different characters in different parties? I understand that a lot of it has to do with explorations, but fuck, it's so annoying to have to unequip someone then equip them again after one fight. FFRK's system of save party configurations is just how the standard should be from now on.

Just be glad you dont have to build units for Sinzar.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Is it still worthwhile to max Cloud's LB? I already have ExAileen and Seph max LB for finishers if I ever need them for missions.

GonzytheMage

Is it still worthwhile to max Cloud's LB? I already have ExAileen and Seph max LB for finishers if I ever need them for missions.

Cloud is probably the best general pound for pound LB finisher in the game. With that said you are staring down the barrel of the 7* meta and alot of shakeups are coming with units.

I certainly got some mileage out of him, but I don't think it's worth it at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Thanks, GonzytheMage GonzytheMage - for 2 things: for the input and for your Dragonlord. I took the day to go back and clean up some missed missions on older trials to get World Destroyer and Frozen Hurricane. Enhance Fryevia just destroyed Aigaion and WKN tanked it like a champ. Then, your Dragonlord to 1 shot Glacial so Garnet could do her thing and got the summon done.

GonzytheMage

Thanks, GonzytheMage GonzytheMage - for 2 things: for the input and for your Dragonlord. I took the day to go back and clean up some missed missions on older trials to get World Destroyer and Frozen Hurricane. Enhance Fryevia just destroyed Aigaion and WKN tanked it like a champ. Then, your Dragonlord to 1 shot Glacial so Garnet could do her thing and got the summon done.

Rofl, I just had Dragonlord up because he one shots the raid and I didn't feel like swapping gear around. Cool to hear someone made use out of him.

I can build units for whatever you guys want anytime. Depending on how busy I am I dont check the forums often but I'm always on our discord.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
i can't survive the premptive attack by the bird, my dog takes the brunt of it all, but the left over stuff just eats away the rest of the party

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you can gear units with 300% or above combined total ice+wind resist they will be immune to the hail attack. Here's an example Wilhelm build that is immune to the hailstones without using any TMR, and Wilhelm will passively taunt the majority of the attacks during the ambush (and should easily survive them). If you can build something like that to go along with your immune magic tank, your chances of surviving the ambush are really high.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The gf ripped Lulu, 4th cloud, ng jake, and wilhelm with about 70 tickets before cloud banner left. didnt get a 2nd elfreeda but hard to complain, we both have had much worse luck

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cloud STMR is the best 2h greatsword in the game, right?
It's the highest atk greatsword, but arguably the 3rd best because it's non-elemental.

The best would be Arngrim's STMR, which is a lightning elemental 165 atk 2h greatsword that also gives +30% damage with limit breaks. It's insanely overpowered for Hyoh because he imperils thunder, and his LB is a big deal even before the 30% buff. When you see people on reddit talking about "Bahamut's Tear" that's the STMR they're referring to. Arngrim is from a Valkyrie Profile collab (limited time unit) that may or may not ever come to Global.

The second best would be the parameter greatsword which is 165 atk holy elemental 2h GS, which is given for "free" if you can gear a unit to 2650 unbuffed ATK, which is a lot harder than it sounds.

Cloud's STMR is best for Jecht though, because he can easily imbue his weapon with water as one of his triplecasts and it lasts a long time.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I don't even know. I think Grinfield can chain with himself if you really were desperate for 2 physical chainers, but for the most part they're nothing but TM fodder.

Kelsus is pretty good for a bunch of expeditions if you were to level him just for that purpose.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
New FFBE updates video has some good stuff FF IV event with GL buffs to units, new trials, and lots of enhancements. We may get in-game news tomorrow, but I suspect it will be FF IV MK farm. I will only pull minimum tickets to get a few bonus units.

Molten Core Raider
Since I never lucked into an Eiko, my only summoner option has been Garnet. I had planned to roll a bit to see how my luck was for Rydia, but apparently the global buff to dualcast Espers isn't being added. Probably just save my tickets now.

edit- scratch that, I have a Yuna. Definitely saving tickets now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Even if she had the buff she would still have been a terrible unit. Just FYI it wasn't really a buff, just an early release. Her 7* form has the dualcast as one of the skills. Even at 7* Kid Rydia is in the bottom 10% of 7* units and remains a super troll if pulled.

As an extra cherry on top, the King's Knight re-run will be active at the same time as the FF4 banner. That means you have a small chance to get Rayjacked when pulling for mog synergy.

They really are going full retard for the anniversary month.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, I saved my King's Knight moogles. I only pulled with dailies at the time and only got the terrible rogue guy. But I have like 3 full TMR moogles for each of them, and their TMRs seem pretty good. Only thing that sucks is you actually have to spend tickets now to even try for them heh. Not sure if even the chance of free TMRs is worth it. I guess it depends on how good the enhancements are. Maybe Rayjacks enhancements will surprise everyone like Dragonlords?

At the time I couldn't do the highest version of the raid event, either. Was wishing I had been able to farm it better in order to craft more Blizzard Staves--those things are amazing for expeditions.