Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Molten Core Raider
Nada on rainbow synergy units here as well. I historically have done pretty well pulling those with minimal resources spent but today was a bust. Dropped 20ish tickets with only a handful of Yangs (and Barb #3) to show for it. Probably gonna have to farm elite difficulty for this event as much as I hate to. Can't generate the horsepower for Legend with enough synergy units to make it worthwhile atm.

Molten Core Raider
Did they up the rate at which you gain trust on units? I haven't actively trust farmed since last Octoberish, but up until then I had farmed 24/7 for a few months. It reliably took me 10 days or so to take a unit from 0 to 100%, that was the norm for the entire time I macro'd.

With 7stars happening "soon", I decided to start the macros back up and finish up some of my dupe 5 stars before they became evo fodder. Since I started farming again, it's been taking about 6 days to go from 0 to 100%.Wasnt sure if I just got lucky with my first batch, but I have another group almost finished and they've progressed at the same pace.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, doing Shiva without an evade tank and with the 5 unit limit is retarded, I'm guessing, right? I don't have a full evade suit yet, and fitting a break, plus the resists, plus enough EHP on the tank to soak seems ridiculous. Its so much damage even reraise 100% will just kill your tank again on the first round without a break, but if I bring a breaker, I have no slot for resist. (Explorer Aileen can do DPS and be the breaker, but only have 1 friend set with her.)

I really dislike the whole evade tank meta, honestly. It's not a good design to have a hard cap threshold. The relative formulas for defense vs attack work much better because they can grow with the game. At some point in JP do they break the evade tank thing? (Like by giving bosses accuracy?)

And lastly, can any of you guys toss up an Evade physical cover for a couple hours? Just want to knock Shiva out real quick for the 4 star, maybe I'll get a 75% bonus unit.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
At some point in JP do they break the evade tank thing? (Like by giving bosses accuracy?)
Nope. Instead, it's gets far, far worse. The ATK value on trial bosses keep ramping up more and more becoming increasingly unrealistic to tank unless you have a 7* fully TMR geared tank. Evasion remains the best option, even if you do have that whale level tank, it's better to run evasion anyway.

And lastly, can any of you guys toss up an Evade physical cover for a couple hours? Just want to knock Shiva out real quick for the 4 star, maybe I'll get a 75% bonus unit.
I set my Basch with status immunity, 150% ice resist, and 100% evasion for you. Use him to phys cover for easy victory. Don't forget to remove the imperil.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Did a few ticket pulls hoping for Barusa. Nada. Let my daughter pull an EX 3* ticket... boom! TT! Finally!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Nope. Instead, it's gets far, far worse. The ATK value on trial bosses keep ramping up more and more becoming increasingly unrealistic to tank unless you have a 7* fully TMR geared tank. Evasion remains the best option, even if you do have that whale level tank, it's better to run evasion anyway.

I set my Basch with status immunity, 150% ice resist, and 100% evasion for you. Use him to phys cover for easy victory. Don't forget to remove the imperil.

Thanks for tossing him up, got her down.

And that's a bummer about future bosses. Was just getting into getting tank gear. Have decent magic tank materia/items but needed more physical. I suppose evasion should take priority over actual EHP gear. Only thing that sucks is I've never gotten a Nox.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've farmed a full set of BiS tank gear and materia. Every fight that came out in the last 7 months I've used evade because it just feels better. Sinzar was preaching the evade gospel and I was doubting Thomas. I saw the light one day and now I preach the evade gospel as well.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Noctis hands down as a provoke evade tank. Enhanced Fish gives him 100% provoke and lasts two turns so he can use other abilities on those off turns. He has evade build in and if you have Noctis than you have his Ring of the Lucii for another 25%.

For physical cover Basch is good since he can wear practically everything so it’s easy to cap 100% evade.

Nobody can hit 100% magic evade yet.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd say Tidus is better as a provoke tank over Noctis. He has 30% innate evade and can use moogle plushie for 3 turn 100% provoke. Both Noctis and Tidus can do party stat buffs and mana regen for support in their off turns. Noctis has 45% breaks while Tidus has entrust (and 200% innate high tide). Either one is really good at provoke tanking.

The correct answer though is actually Ayaka if you have enough gear to pull it off. She can provoke tank with 100% evade and still handle the healer role for the party. She's also stop immune for bosses that use ST stop.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've farmed a full set of BiS tank gear and materia. Every fight that came out in the last 7 months I've used evade because it just feels better. Sinzar was preaching the evade gospel and I was doubting Thomas. I saw the light one day and now I preach the evade gospel as well.

I almost done farming my tank set, mainly because I still need to do Malboro and I am going to have Basch single tank it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd say Tidus is better as a provoke tank over Noctis. He has 30% innate evade and can use moogle plushie for 3 turn 100% provoke. Both Noctis and Tidus can do party stat buffs and mana regen for support in their off turns. Noctis has 45% breaks while Tidus has entrust (and 200% innate high tide). Either one is really good at provoke tanking.

The correct answer though is actually Ayaka if you have enough gear to pull it off. She can provoke tank with 100% evade and still handle the healer role for the party. She's also stop immune for bosses that use ST stop.
What's the gear list for Tidus/Ayaka? I've done the full-evade noctis already. I can also iNichol instead of fish, but seems odd to drop a spot on nichol rather than spend every other turn doing fish.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I linked Ayaka's gear in that post (click on her name, which is in red, means a link! )

For Tidus, it's 30% innate evade, 50% from lucii x2, 10% assassin vest, 10% kiyomori, moogle plushie + golem (for 100% taunt), and fina helmet for status immune. Fill the rest of the slots with whatever you want, like +spirit or +hp.

That's just for the "best in slot" provoke Tidus, but with his large equipment selection and innate 30% evade, you can build him even with a bunch of budget options.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
For my evade Tidus I use ring of the lucii, twenty sided die, true spirit of freedom, spirit of freedom. That gets you to 100% evasion. Then I fill in the rest with what I need for a fight. Discernment is a good one to throw on there to be lazy.

Molten Core Raider
Blah, I didnt buy that evade materia from the last Garuda event so I can't replicate that build exactly (i actually forgot to buy anything, I realized I had almost 200k raid tokens sitting in my inventory last week while doing a little cleaning). Any replacements for that?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you mean True Spirit of Freedom, it's the only source of 15% evade materia in game, no replacement. You don't buy it though, you just combine 5 copies of Spirit of Freedom (crafting menu) to upgrade it. Spirit of Freedom is the TMR from Yda (raid unit).

Molten Core Raider
Ah, bummer. I have four of them. Oh well, next time. Guess Ill have to make do with Tidus or Noctis in the evade tank seat.