Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I blame Gonzy for this because he said he went back and got a 2nd nichol in like 11 tickets, so I'm like GUESS I WILL TOO.

140 tickets later..... I got my second Nichol. Along the way I also got Queen #3, Kain #1, Aranea #2

So grand total from both of my pull sessions last night and today was:

1x 30% ticket
5x 10% ticket
23x 4* ticket
165x 3* ticket

Unit count was:

Nichol #1 and #2
Queen #3
Orlandeau #1
Duke #1
Atoning Dragoon Kain #1
Aileen #2
Aranea #2
Ace #4

9 rainbows in about 190 tickets. Not terrible I guess? It's unfortunate though that nearly all of the off-banners were total trash tier except Kain (for his TMR only).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
I was scrolling through the crafting menus this morning and was happy to discover that it only takes 3 Spirit of Freedom's to make the True Spirit of Freedom rather than the 5 I thought it was. Evade Ayaka incoming! Time to annoy some people in the arena...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
CG nichol is a must have, correct?

He's extremely good, but not a required unit. If you have one of the good bards like Ramza, Roy, or Lunera, they're good enough for most content. Bards aren't so good in 10 man fights because they prevent unit swapping, but they're fine everywhere else.

The big perk Nichol has over bards is that he does everything they do, but he also brings 30% mitigation buff to your team. As we move forward, trials keep getting harder from here, and that 30% mitigation gets more and more helpful to survive, especially once we start getting the bosses that counter-attack every attack (and some of them ignore cover, which means glass cannon DPS builds are no longer viable, your dps need to be built to take some hits).

• 1Like

Tiphares

Golden Squire
A lot of people say breakers are must haves, but a lot of bosses cannot be broken so buffing and DM are the only options.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Managed a CGNichol on a ticket on friday or so... really wanted a second one, so I did a 11pull, got him in there, so 5k lapis and ~20 tickets for 2. No other rainbows, and also none of gold crystal mage from his banner, but c'est la vie.

Molten Core Raider
I havent done a lot of research on the 7* stuff to be honest, my knowledge of it all comes from you guys that play the JP version. I wanted to ask since you'd know offhand easily, when fusing units to make a 7*, do both units need to be max level 6*s?

Like, I have one Wilhelm max level and max evo'd up to 6*. My dupe Wilhelm is a level 1 5*, will he work as evo materials as he currently is, or does he need to be leveled and bumped up to 6*?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I havent done a lot of research on the 7* stuff to be honest, my knowledge of it all comes from you guys that play the JP version. I wanted to ask since you'd know offhand easily, when fusing units to make a 7*, do both units need to be max level 6*s?

Like, I have one Wilhelm max level and max evo'd up to 6*. My dupe Wilhelm is a level 1 5*, will he work as evo materials as he currently is, or does he need to be leveled and bumped up to 6*?
Fairly certain it can be any level/rarity, though I'll let others confirm.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

This post has most of that information. I don't play JP either, so hopefully this is accurate!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The fodder duplicate can be any rarity/level. If you want to farm the dupe's TMR though, you should do it before converting them into the upgrade material. After converting, you get a crystal that can be fed moogles to finish the TMR, but you can no longer grind that unit in earth shrine.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Good info there, thanks. Glad I dont have to burn the resources leveling up the fodder. Gil is my biggest issue at the moment, too much enhancing. I was down to literally 26 gil a week or so back, I couldnt even start expeditions. TMR farming has helped pad the bank balance back up a bit, but if it's gonna be 3mil per 7* I need a good nest egg ready and waiting.

I started TMR farming again to get the potential 5* evo fodder finished up but there's so many trusts I want to use in unit builds that Ive only managed to finish a couple. Pimping out CG Nichol has taken precedence over farming up more Emperor sticks.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Any requests for units/builds for Intangir+ or Robo tomorrow? Also, I bought the Team bundle and let my kids pull a few of the tickets on the CG Nichol banner. My daughter pulled Emperor #1. Is he worth enhancing or has he fallen off too much with 7* on the horizon?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Any requests for units/builds for Intangir+ or Robo tomorrow?

I plan to do them my usual "budget" style with a friend unit to do the heavy lifting. I asked Gonzy to set an Emperor like THIS for me to do Intagir, but if I mess up the first run it would be nice to have another Emperor buddy to do a second try without waiting out the 4 hour friend cooldown. I also want to use the same style of Emperor as my friend on Iron Giant trial, so it would be nice to have available in any case. Blossom Sage Sakura is actually better than Emperor for both trials, so if you have her, she would be even more useful. Something like THIS. Key points for both trials would be the status immunity (fina helmet, ribbon, or discernment), and slotted to the Ifrit esper is a big help for Intagir (the harder trial) because of beastkiller+.

I was going to set a Lila friend with a bunch of mankiller to help Gonzy take out Iron Giant in his 2 turn video, but if anyone has some other requests for either trial, I have a lot of good units I could set for someone, just let me know.

Emperor #1. Is he worth enhancing or has he fallen off too much with 7* on the horizon?

He's decent at 7* though he falls off compared to other mages because of low'ish stats and he doesn't have any innate magic TDH/TDW like most of the meta 7* mages. He's still really good at what he does, and it only gets better at 7*, so unless you already have 2x Terra or Sakura, he's still good. As your first Emperor though.... you may want to wait until you land a second before sinking a lot of resources.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Thanks for the info. Sorry, but I don't have CG Sakura and I have not leveled Emperor yet. I am waiting until I pull all of the Kings Knight raid coins since it will take a while to clean up my inventory. I have GL Sakura, but her thundaja does not stack up as high.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I plan to do them my usual "budget" style with a friend unit to do the heavy lifting. I asked Gonzy to set an Emperor like THIS for me to do Intagir, but if I mess up the first run it would be nice to have another Emperor buddy to do a second try without waiting out the 4 hour friend cooldown. I also want to use the same style of Emperor as my friend on Iron Giant trial, so it would be nice to have available in any case. Blossom Sage Sakura is actually better than Emperor for both trials, so if you have her, she would be even more useful. Something like THIS. Key points for both trials would be the status immunity (fina helmet, ribbon, or discernment), and slotted to the Ifrit esper is a big help for Intagir (the harder trial) because of beastkiller+.

I was going to set a Lila friend with a bunch of mankiller to help Gonzy take out Iron Giant in his 2 turn video, but if anyone has some other requests for either trial, I have a lot of good units I could set for someone, just let me know.

He's decent at 7* though he falls off compared to other mages because of low'ish stats and he doesn't have any innate magic TDH/TDW like most of the meta 7* mages. He's still really good at what he does, and it only gets better at 7*, so unless you already have 2x Terra or Sakura, he's still good. As your first Emperor though.... you may want to wait until you land a second before sinking a lot of resources.

He has BiS non stmr magic staff. Getting two of him is worth it for that alone.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Intangir down, budget run, no tmr or rainbows, all missions complete. Video HERE

Team was:

Mystea
Xon
Timothy
Garnet
Liquid Slime
friend Tidus

Slow kill, but very safe doing it this way. Liquid Slime is a limited unit, which I didn't want to use, but I needed a beefy tank to run it budget mode and WoL wasn't up to task. Wilhelm and other op tanks like him could replace Liquid Slime easily.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finding a properly geared friend for Iron Giant was harder than the actual trial because the usual friends I used were all on cooldown and I'm impatient. I finally had to go with a partially naked Sakura friend, but amusingly it worked because Sakura too op at capping chains. Video of my mostly budget guide for Iron Giant, all missions Here.

Team:

Warrior of Light
Garnet
Timothy
Lexa
Lexa
friend Blossom Sage Sakura

Typical stall in phase 1 to build gauges and do missions, then OTK with tornado chains + bahamut + sakura.

Molten Core Raider
I ended up stripping down my lead Tidus to play around with something silly, so in the meantime I put a CG Sakura up as my lead in pretty much BiS gear in case anyone follows Sinzar's strat and needs a Sakura friend.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I put up my Kushinera for the story modes, she covers a lot of elements and can debuff them. Since I suspect Sinz is tornado chaining, she might also work as a finisher--she has an 8x wind finisher (16x DW). Won't be as good as Sakura, but might work if someone's impatient.