Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Kind of a tough spot. 7* Trance Terra is awesome, so you really want her, but it would suck to throw away the resources of the second by converting her. There's still time until 7* so maybe you off-banner another one before then and make the decision easy :)

Molten Core Raider
Think Im steering clear of this collab. I did however buy those bundles this morning and blew my tickets on the CG Nichol banner because Im greedy and was hoping for more Nichols to try for his STMR. Unfortunately my plan failed and all I have to show for it is another Zarglebargle. :(

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I bought both lapis bundles, seems good. Saving them for now though. Even though I'm probably going to try to get one of the gold collab units for his TM, I still don't want to use the EX ticket with Rico in the pool.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have 2 TT's. Both enhanced and potted. I am guessing I do not want to fuse them together for 7* TT?

7* TTerra is a complete game changer so unless you're planning to aggressively pull for an extra copy I wouldn't refrain from a 7* just to avoid losing the resources you spent on the second TT.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I threw a couple of 4* tickets at the JC3 banner for a Mario. 2nd one... I got Rico'd...
Now you making me scared to go for Mario....

Then again, I still haven't landed a second Noctis, so the 25% evasion accessory TM wouldn't be the worst thing ever...

Are TM moogles for the banner units in the raid pool? If so, guess I'll log in and try my luck.

Edit: The 10+1 ticket gave me no rainbow or JC units. 4 gold tickets to land a Mario, so I'm done.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I threw a couple of 4* tickets at the JC3 banner for a Mario. 2nd one... I got Rico'd...

Sorta happened to me on JP. Wanted a new 4* TM on the CG WiV banner, Cid popped out of my very first ticket. At first I was annoyed (because even if Dragoons are no longer trash tier on JP, they still dont have a place in the meta) but a couple days later I said fuck it and pulled some more. Ended up with another Cid, my second copy of CG Folka, and my first copy of CG Hyou, in a grand total of like 30ish tickets.

Turns out one of the few viable strats for killing Shin Gilgamesh involves using CG Cid's ultra super hyper duper jump unlock combo, so I'm not disappointed.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
One last ticket got me Mario. Banner complete and I could care less about the collab or units. Oh well... free TMRs.

Edit: The generosity of the cryst specific story stages has inspired me to max enhance Emperor.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So I've been recording my pulls now for 6 weeks or so, because EQ abused me and so now I need to always test systems =-/. lol. Any case, I've been on a brutal bad luck streak since by relative good luck with the the TDH banner. My total rate now on "normal" pulls (Rare and 10+1's) is 1.8%. Sample size is only 200, so not large enough to mope about--but was on a 70 pull run with zero rainbows (Its the current dry streak for rare ticket pulls and my 10+1's whiffing that is dragging down my average. My lapis 10+1's I'm actually very lucky on, oddly enough. But I do them so rarely my average is in the shitter).

Any case, finally got a rainbow to break that streak, but it was when I was using a 4 star to try and get Mario. Got Rico =-/ (The only silver lining is I have never gotten a Nox, so I do need the dodge gear). ...lol, then the 10+1 ticket in the pack which I nabbed ended up giving me Seabreeze Fina...my second one. Just thankful that 30% ticket got me Nicol and the garuntee 5 star got me my second Lunera (Whose 7 star can chain with Kunshira, so that's pretty nice). Was hoping for a second Nicol, but damn, the game is just not giving up the rainbows.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
7* Lunera + Kunshira was my core team for my first two months or so on JP. It's a decent combo so long as the enemies aren't immune to their elements.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
News looks like we get a lot of good stuff starting on Friday. The step-up type banners look to be quite good if the number of 5*'s is limited to the 3 featured only. Also, 1/2 NRG for all story and trials too!

Molten Core Raider
I have got to take advantage of the half off story and get caught up. I havent even done enough story to get to Fenrir yet, I'm super behind.

The 5* EX ticket tomorrow, step up banner Friday, plus the 10+1 tickets we can buy with the anniversary coins, I'm feeling some more Reberta's coming my way soon!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The step-up type banners look to be quite good if the number of 5*'s is limited to the 3 featured only.
The type banners are taking trolling to the next level. Those 3 units on display are not featured. There's no rateups at all for type banners, the only difference is it's hard-locked to a pool of units of that "type". Each of the 3 banners has a pool of about 25-30 units, none of which have any rateup, including the pictured examples.

Here's the pools for the three banners, though this is from JP so we're not sure which pool they put GL exclusive units (other than the ones on the preview): typebanner - FFBraveExvius

There's no "off-banner" so for example you will never pull Ayaka from the "attack" banner, but unless you want to chase a unit of a role with an approximately 1/30 chance of the rainbow being the one you want, you skip. For an extra layer of lols they have some seriously wacky sorting, such as considering Jiraiya a mage, FireVeritas is considered a support, or putting Queen on the healer banner, etc.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So Lexa is perfect for the Golem trial, right? (Especially if you can pair her with a Barb partner.) Not only can she chain and cap tornado but she also has a 70% group earth resist buff. (Guess its a moot point if you bring Earth Veritas though, with his 100% resist group buff.)

Is a dodge provoke tank absolutely needed for Golem, or would a tricked out Earth Veritas be enough?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Lexa is great for Golem yes. He can be tanked without evasion, but you need some really strong ATK breaks and a very solid tank. I could set an evasion tank later today if it would help.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cleared both espers with budget teams, here's my budget guide videos for anyone who uses them:

Golem -- Youtube Link Team: Lexa, Lexa, Lightning, Garnet, BeachFina
Carbuncle -- Youtube Link Team: Mystea, BeachFina, Setzer, Lexa, Lexa

I swapped my friend unit to a 100% evasion Earth Veritas on Tetra esper for anyone who wants to use him for Golem. Use him to taunt and/or cast his 100% earth resist buff. Use my guy to summon Tetra for the mission too. Keep in mind that Earth Veritas will always get healed by earth damage regardless of how low his earth resist shows.