Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Here's a video of my clear of Bennu (the superboss in Madam Mansion, you only fight him if you go back after the first clear).

Video: Youtube Link

This isn't a budget vid, I went full whale team on him, and it was still pretty damned hard. Team was:

• Wilhelm -- provoke tank
  • Basch -- phys cover tank (evade) and breaks
  • Lotus Mage Fina -- reraise, heals, mana regen
  • Maritime Strategist Nichol -- buffs and regen
  • Fryevia -- DPS
  • friend Fryevia -- DPS

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Used up the ex tickets, 10+1 tickets, and anniversary stuff we've been getting past two weeks. Results were CG Jake, Fire Veritas, Kunshira, and Prompto.... my first copy for all four. Talk about ultra trolled.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Used up the ex tickets, 10+1 tickets, and anniversary stuff we've been getting past two weeks. Results were CG Jake, Fire Veritas, Kunshira, and Prompto.... my first copy for all four. Talk about ultra trolled.
Well... the Kunshira and Prompto TMRs are nice. One BiS for Fryevia and the other for CG Fina or Wilhelm for HP and LB fill. Plus Prompto's is free if you saved his moogles.

edit: Used the Premium 10+1 and got VoL. Regular 10+1 was nothing. EX 5* was Summoner Rydia. Should I bother leveling VoL LB or should I hold out for 7* CG Lid or Loren?

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Got trolled pretty hard. Blew my EX stuff, the Anniversary 10+1, and did one round of the caster step up cause I really need some dupes of the units there. I got dupes all right, just not the right ones. Lulu #4, Barb #4, and Dark Fina #4 from the step up and the Anniversary stuff gave me CG Jake #2 and Duke #2.

It was definitely a quantity over quality sorta day.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Premium 10+1 was all golds, blew yesterdays 10+1 and got Roy and CG Jake, used the Guaranteed 5* and got CG Fina.

Molten Core Raider
Apparently you cant return to a step up if you dont finish the full round all at one time. I did the first 3k pull on the attacker banner, went and did story missions until I earned enough lapis to go back for another step, only now I can't do anymore cause it's trying to start me from the beginning again. Is this a new thing or have step ups always been this way?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Apparently you cant return to a step up if you dont finish the full round all at one time. I did the first 3k pull on the attacker banner, went and did story missions until I earned enough lapis to go back for another step, only now I can't do anymore cause it's trying to start me from the beginning again. Is this a new thing or have step ups always been this way?

You should contact support. I had to stop my step up last time to do some story missions and was able to come back and complete it. I don't think that's how its supposed to work.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Pulled for my second Fina on the CG banner.... was annoying but I got her. 160'ish tickets or so for:

CG Lasswell #1
CG Sakura #2
CG Jake #2
CG Fina #2

Pull video: Youtube Link

I suppose overall it was decent results, but it still felt bad when I went through about 110 tickets in a row with zero rainbows (got 2 super early, then nothing forever, then two close together at the end). Now it's full savings mode until Hyoh.

Molten Core Raider
That is a brutal streak of nothing.

I wanted a second Fina as well but only burned a few tickets before luckily pulling her. Im torn over what to do with the rest of my resources. I really want a second Sakura but man if I get another CG Jake I'll have a hissy fit. I do plan to pull pretty hard next week for a Lid. She's the only CG unit Im lacking and would really like the breaker upgrade.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I swear, I have the strangest luck on this game. I was 230 pulls (4 star or rare/10+1 pulls) into my recording, which I've been doing for 2 months or so now. In that time I've gotten 2 rainbows, 1 Seabreeze Fina, and Rico. Didn't get any rainbows on the one step up I did, except for the forced one...which to rub salt in the wound ended up being Gladiolus (I pulled on the Tank/Mage banner because I could use about 70% of the units, he's one of the few that the only use I had was TMR. =-/ Not quite as bad as getting another SB fina, but it sucked.)

So I do 7 tickets today, one 4 star and 6 regular tickets, got this.

lmfina.jpg

Got the first one and decided to keep pulling..Literally got 3 LM Finas in a row, fucking shocking seeing 3 rainbows in a row. I kept pulling because I do that when reality seems to be warped :p, ended up getting 2 shadows. Figured that was the games way of telling me to fuck off and stop being greedy. Was actually hoping for one Laswell too, because his 7 star seems really good. But I can't complain. Happy to get her STMR given how LBs and Mana are supposedly issues in 7 star. Crazy in so few pulls my rate for rainbows went from .86%, to 2.1% (Almost back to the average rate!).

Now I'm not sure if I should try for Lasswell or wait for Lid/Maritime Nichol. Really want a second Nicol and I don't have Lid, could actually really use her. Given I can use two units on that banner, I'm thinking it would be a waste to chase anymore on this one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Definitely wait for Lid/Nichol. Lasswell is a decent finisher but there's numerous better options out there, he's far from a must have unless you're gonna go crazy until you get two Lasswells to prep for 7* (and run the risk of excessive amounts of Fina), save your resources.

Grats too btw, that's some crazy luck.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my first Fina after about 10 tickets, so I ended up spending 50 more. All I got from that batch was my first CG Sakura. Not bad, but not a 7 star Fina either.

I still have 100 tickets in the hoard for Hyoh reserve stash.

Molten Core Raider
Time to start saving my gil in earnest now. According to a news update video posted this morning, we get the first batch of 7*s in August. Also, CG Raegen Friday. Dunno if he's worth saving for but since he's not named Hyoh, I probably won't go too overboard.

Spoilered for size.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
No mention of UOC (which was supposed to already be active in game). Gumi loves to take one step forward, two steps back.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
No mention of UOC (which was supposed to already be active in game). Gumi loves to take one step forward, two steps back.

The lack of UOC tickets will hurt the game for me, honestly. After the 7 star announcement that was pretty much the only thing that kept me from souring on it. Even with the Fina explosion I got the other day, my rainbow rate is 2% and falling, again. I don't mind that so much, I don't expect to have an amazing meta crew if I'm not spending more but..I think if I saw a rainbow, given their rarity now, and didn't even get excited over it because the unit was designed for 7 star, it would really turn me off. At least with the UOC ticket that excitement of a lucky pull is kept alive because you can work toward completing it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
pulled on the CG Fina banner, got a CG Sakura, pulled twice more, got 1 4* and 10 3* in both. Waited, CG Fina banner disappeared, pulled on the other banner twice, got a CG Fina, and then with the coin I got CG Lassworm. Not to dissatisfied... as I'll be able to do 7* nichol, sakura, and fina.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is there any reason to keep sub 5 star units that you would never use with maxed TM's?

Also, with the raid TM's, do you need the base unit to actually get the reward? I have some 100% moogles, but not the TM (or am I just missing it?)