Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes you are absolutely wasting your tickets chasing Noctis at this point seeing as how unlikely it is you'll ever need more than one Mercedes. Either chase Santa Roselia or save your tickets for a future banner.

JP is getting FF15 event on the first, but I doubt it will be simultaneous which means GL will be getting the FF15 event almost a year after the game releases.
Why wouldn't they bring the event in later?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Presumably it's two separate 30% chances to apply a status effect, and if you're dual wielding thats 4.

fris

Vyemm Raider
That makes sense. i just lost in 1 round to a top 80 player. i went first, didn't kill anyone which is a first. he went and petrified or killed everyone on my team. 2 petrified and 3 dead i think.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
i just lost in 1 round to a top 80 player. i went first, didn't kill anyone which is a first. he went and petrified or killed everyone on my team. 2 petrified and 3 dead i think.

I'm going to miss out on the tier 1 weekly arena rewards because of a few of those this week. I posted a few days ago that I haven't had any trouble with enemy Noctis, so of course over the next day or two, I get RNG'ed hard by his stop or status aoe attacks when the enemy goes first, stopping or statusing my team. With dualcast banned, Refia can't salvage when 2 of my team get stoned and another gets paralyzed all at once before I even get a move.

I'm tempted to start working on Tilith or Kefka's TM just to give more of my arena team members some status immunity. It's hard to justify working on those TM's though just for arena since they're of limited value in PvE.

My estimate a week ago that it would take ~5500 lapis to finish off a set of TM's was off. I spent around 7000 lapis to grind out ~85% TM for my team, so it's closer to 8k to 0 -> 100% a full team (rng depending of course). Still feel like it was worth it, since I finished off a bunch of high value TM's this week, with Chizuru's finishing up in another day or two.

Kind of on the fence about what TM's to work on next. Definitely working on a Black Cowl, another Excalibur, and Snow's TM, but past that, I don't have much more that's super high impact. Maybe I'll work on an Alma robe and another copy of Dualcast, or possibly one of those status immunities. Really wish I had pulled for a Karl or two, since I kind of want his TM, especially now that hybrid damage is becoming a thing.

Looking forward to the info of what's the special surprise they said is coming for New Years.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm guessing you're wasting orbs overnight, because that's the only way I can imagine falling short of 3000 for the week, especially with the extra rank xp from refill macroing. If you're too proud to set an alarm for a cell phone game, just drink a bunch of water before bed and then spend your orbs when you get up to take a piss.

I got my first loss of the month near the beginning of this arena week and I was right around 150 for the period when maintenance started. That's with 2-3 refills from ranking up and not wasting orbs overnight.

*edit*

No buffs and no dualcast definitely has to be their single biggest bullshit 'favor the whales' week yet though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's more of too lazy than too proud for wasting orbs overnight ;) but yeah, I only spend about 19-20 orbs per day for arena, losing 5'ish each night to sleep. It's also partly because my team's been good, but not very overpowered for arena, with only having 1 copy of dualwield, and dualcast being banned 2/3 the time. Now with Noctis though, I feel like I should be able to take all 1.50 teams without a problem (usually), so next month, I may put in more effort to get the tier 1 monthly rewards, because a second moogle would be mighty nice.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yes you are absolutely wasting your tickets chasing Noctis at this point seeing as how unlikely it is you'll ever need more than one Mercedes. Either chase Santa Roselia or save your tickets for a future banner.

JP is getting FF15 event on the first, but I doubt it will be simultaneous which means GL will be getting the FF15 event almost a year after the game releases.

You are absolutely right about this. So I went ahead and blew a few tickets anyhow, and pulled a Noctis. Immediately fed him the 100ish gigantuars from the maze and maxed him out. He's just dumb in arena, but at least now he's on my side!

8000 lapis is discouraging. I was planning to start using lapis for TM farms but damn, that's more than I thought it would be. Maybe once Zidane comes my way, but that seems like a lot for the likes of doublehand and katana mastery to me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Abandoned Orphanage new most efficient exploration for unit xp clocking just shy of 7k xp per energy, along with ~43 rank ratio. Need a very solid whale to solo the bosses though, unless the unit(s) you're leveling are capable of contributing something meaningful. Also the first place I will have ever repeatedly farmed with light megas, which you need 10 for each osmose blade.

Fuck elemental tears though. I need 4 to craft a spirit slayer, then 10 more to craft a second one. Then 5 for each auto-shell or auto-protect I want to craft. 3 per dispel. 5 per evo mag +10%. At least the new recipes give me something to do with my stacks and stacks of every megacryst except light and fire though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems about right.

EpPTQfs.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Screenshot_2016-12-29-13-52-47.png

Was clicking too fast through the gold->rainbow upgrade to get the right screenshot because I thought for sure it was going to be some retarded 3* base unit again but nope, I finally got this bastard. I would have been really mad if I never got him after doing daily pulls the whole time XV was up, then using every single ticket I had plus all the ones I bought for 300 lapis each day up to now.

Now I too can be a dickhead in arena, hooray!

• 1Like

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nice! He's really silly in arena. Everyone was worried about ice flask when his abilities were released, but fire flask is the real business.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Used up the last of my tickets on Noctis banner looking for another Chizuru. First summon: gold... Kefka. Second summon: gold... Celes. Sigh, that's something like 15 golds so far, and only 4 were on-banner. At least it's my first Celes, and her Minerva Bustier is a great TM reward (and she can cheese some boss mechanics, so it's nice to have her in reserve).

In a few hours I'll get another summon ticket from the raid rewards, so I have one final chance for that Chizuru, but I decided I'm not spending any lapis on summons. There's been talk of a special new years banner incoming, so I'm going to save for that (and if there turns out to be nothing special for new years, well, I have a stockpile for later).

For those of you with both Cecil and Noctis, who's been getting your limit burst pots? I'm thinking Noctis is better to feed the LB pots, since he's probably going to be on my team for a long time to come, while Cecil may get benched for WoL soon'ish.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna level up my Cecil and put him in my arena group so he can dual cast Alterna all day.

I accidentally hit the 500 lapis summon button last night after using tickets and got another god damn Freya. Sad times lol.

• 1Solidarity

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
All of mine have been going to Cecil, despite having him and WoL. Now that I have dualcast on Refia I might utilize Cecil less, but he's still my go-to tank for the forseeable future.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Used up the last of my tickets on Noctis banner looking for another Chizuru. First summon: gold... Kefka. Second summon: gold... Celes. Sigh, that's something like 15 golds so far, and only 4 were on-banner. At least it's my first Celes, and her Minerva Bustier is a great TM reward (and she can cheese some boss mechanics, so it's nice to have her in reserve).

In a few hours I'll get another summon ticket from the raid rewards, so I have one final chance for that Chizuru, but I decided I'm not spending any lapis on summons. There's been talk of a special new years banner incoming, so I'm going to save for that (and if there turns out to be nothing special for new years, well, I have a stockpile for later).

For those of you with both Cecil and Noctis, who's been getting your limit burst pots? I'm thinking Noctis is better to feed the LB pots, since he's probably going to be on my team for a long time to come, while Cecil may get benched for WoL soon'ish.

I'm thinking Cecil and WoL will be situationally better than one another, and jesus h christ are you seriously talking about feeding LB pots to a 6*? That's a bottomless pit that you will never fill, ever. Taking a 3* unit from 1-25 incrementally takes 39500 limit breaks. Taking a 6* unit from 1-25 is 71400 limit breaks, so you're looking at an extra 319 LB pots. On a unit that doesn't have high tide (the JP version doesn't have it either).

So unless you're planning on using Bartz as an entrust bot, prioritizing Noctis seems like a poor choice for your LB pots.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
New snowman raids up too. Doesn't seem too bad, especially since he doesn't have any adds this time. I went in with a really tanky setup, and still 3 rounded him. Probably going to reform the team for farming and just go full dps since this one also wastes a turn charging up when you bring him under half health.

My first kill with a defensive team: