Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Dyer won 50,000 lapis from the raffle. Kind of amusing that one the high profile whales won one of the bigger prizes from the raffle, since he's one of the few people who doesn't really need it. I'm sure it was all automated and just RNG being RNG, but amusing anyway.

Bloodgruve

Molten Core Raider
My Veritas of the Flame is geared for a Mt Gagazet Explore carry if anyone needs it.

Blood 954,610,057 Let me know if you need an invite.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So just downloaded this and my first summon at end of tutorial is 5 star rainbow Ashe. Is that normal or am I insanely lucky? Also she is max level? Am I still in the tutorial lol

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Normal. It’s to help new players out. Continuing on you’ll get the first 5 star base that they released for free (Lightning). She’s extremely dated for veterans but will obliterate stuff for a newbie.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So just downloaded this and my first summon at end of tutorial is 5 star rainbow Ashe. Is that normal or am I insanely lucky? Also she is max level? Am I still in the tutorial lol

Ashe is a great unit. I still use mine for Arena. She's extremely versatile because she can heal and nuke (And the nuke can easily chain) or remove status debuffs and nuke at the same time, so she's ridiculous with turn economy. She is one of a handful of 4 star units that are easily better than half the 5 star units in the game. Her, Warrior of Light, Illusionist Nicole, Rikku, Veritas of Earth and Mystae are really easy for new players to get huge boosts of power from, they can make a lot of teams work and will be useful well after getting more 5 stars. (Soleil too, but she needs enchancements, so a little more difficult for new players--but if you get her, I'd recommend enhancing her unless you got one of the bards. Agrias and now Camille should also get a mention, as when they are enhanced they chain with some really commonly used friend units.)

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I got the same thing from The Vault today - power pot, snapper family, king cactuar. Anyone get different? I thought it was supposed to change each day.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The pot type is random, I had +mp yesterday and +spr today.

Supposedly, according to reddit, you can retreat and re-enter the treasure vortex and it will re-roll your pot type. I have not tried that myself, so don't blame me if it doesn't work!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ha! Free summon came up rainbow. Noctis 7* get!

7* Noctis is terrible, I only ever use him in arena for gambleflask which is banned the majority of the time anyway since it has 3 elements, debuffs, and status effects. You should mostly just be happy you got another one of his TMs, even if the second one isn't nearly as valuable as the first, it's still super useful.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't remember 2* Phoenix from JP too well, but I do remember that it was a much easier fight than Leviathan, so this week will be kind of dull. I wish I knew exactly when the Madam Mansion opens in the story. I know we're really close, but I figure if it was this story update it would have been mentioned in the news, so probably not just yet.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This raid, am I reading it wrong that you can summon whole units this time? (And apparently Special Moogles for their TMRs) and then you can combine TMRs for super TMRs? (Apparently these same units were available before for 2 other raids?) I guess I'm not going to have enough to do the special TMR crafting, but would love to just get some of those base TMRs--the evade one especially. But the HP/Atk one would make great expedition fodder.

Any case, confused on how it works--no raid for me so far has allowed you to get whole units, just TMR moogles.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
New story chapter, good. Type banners, pass. I guess we get a new trial next week.

It sucks because both banners have units I really want, either the unit itself (OK) or TMRs (Genji). But the spoiler units on it (Merc Ramza) are...damn. I'd love a second OK, not only for another sword but just to have him ready for 7 star, would also really love a second Genji glove or Ring of the Lucci (Don't have one yet, never got him). But a lot of the dupe rainbows I have been able to get ended up being from these banners (2 Merc Ramza, 3 Balthiers, 2 Aces)...So there is just a huge risk of me pulling stuff I don't need. =-/

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
You do the raid and collect coins. You use the coins to summon stuff. The units (Y’Shtola, Minfilia, etc.) are in this pool and you will get a LOT of them. You can fuse them right away or horde them and TMR farm like other units. And, yes, for the first time we can merge their TMRs together to form more powerful versions.

Y’Shtola is a 5 star but she’s more of a 4 star in terms of power. Don’t expect her to be on par with Fina or Ayaka. The others are the same. They’re weaker than their rarity base would lead you to believe.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't remember 2* Phoenix from JP too well, but I do remember that it was a much easier fight than Leviathan, so this week will be kind of dull. I wish I knew exactly when the Madam Mansion opens in the story. I know we're really close, but I figure if it was this story update it would have been mentioned in the news, so probably not just yet.

Phoenix 2* is an easier fight than 1* because it doesn't heal every turn sub 40% or whatever.

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Following Sinzar's guide for Wicked Moon budget run... Anyone able to throw up an evade unit with death immunity? Thanks.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Sorry, I was already asleep when you posted. I can put an evade WoL up if you still need him after maintenance finishes.