Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
While on topic, are any of the mote-based 6* abilities good? If so, which? I'm having a hard time rationalizing making them (for potential honing), and then an even harder time deciding who gets them :confused::confused::confused:

Snowspell Strike is great, my BSB2 LD'd Squall uses it all the time. Lifebane is up there too. Mug Bloodlust is pretty good, but i haven't been using it much lately. Stitch in Time is alright in some setups. Allegro con Moto is great when you can fit it in, but the best way to fit it in is with a character that has both white 5 and bard 5 access whom you have a good soul break for, which can be hard to come by.

the rest have a 5* ability that does the same thing almost as well and is much easier to hone.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Snowspell Strike is great, my BSB2 LD'd Squall uses it all the time. Lifebane is up there too. Mug Bloodlust is pretty good, but i haven't been using it much lately. Stitch in Time is alright in some setups. Allegro con Moto is great when you can fit it in, but the best way to fit it in is with a character that has both white 5 and bard 5 access whom you have a good soul break for, which can be hard to come by.

the rest have a 5* ability that does the same thing almost as well and is much easier to hone.
I'm so sorry! Forgot Snowstrike was in this category... yeah it's amazing... R3 honed here :)

So most are duds basically :rolleyes:

Oh well!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i used to run Mug Bloodlust (ATK/DEF steal) on Leila along with her SSB (ATK/RES steal). throw in a support with Full Break and Power Breakdown and any boss that is mainly physical gets pretty neutered.

it's a great ability for any thief type, really, but i guess i've just shyed away from them lately. i'd say either it or Lifebane are the second most useful after Snowspell Strike.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I find Allegro to be extremely useful for mage team speed clears in magicite, but I have Sara's BSB and she's a bard/whm. Like pharmakos mentioned, if you don't have a whm/bard with a healing relic, it's value drops a ton. If you do have a relic for Sara, Deuce, or Aria though.... $$$

Mug Bloodlust is good for the stacking ATK boost on units, and I use it on Rikku's turn 1 in magicite fights because her stats blow and she needs the extra ATK to hit softcap. Don't hone it though, just take your "free" copy from unlocking it, rank 1 is plenty.

Snowspell is worth making and honing a second copy, it's just that good. I have one copy at r3 and a 2nd at r1 which I'll probably end up also honing to r3 if I need it on the upcoming Tiamat and Midgarsomr 4* magicites (one for Bartz, one for Squall).

Skyhigh is a sidegrade to a 5* skill
Demonsblood is a sidegrade to a 5* skill
Lifebane is good dps, but it's non-elemental which really hurts it's power
Stitch in Time was buffed to include an ATK buff, so your ninja's can use it to softcap if you need it
Penalty Strike and Aegis Strike are LOL benchwarmers along with the Witch skills

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
R1 Mug Bloodlust on Vaan treated me well for awhile, but I don't bring him often anymore. The new dances kind of replace it if you need the debuff, but the buff aspect is nice. And SSS rocks. Stich in Time post-buff ain't bad if you're running non-physical elemental ninjas but that's quite the niche.

The only other 6* abilities I've made Curada and Meltdown. The new black/spellblade abilities unveiled for JP look good, everything else is fairly meh.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Aegis strike honestly isn’t bad at all, it helped a lot with FFT torment and I believe is situationally the strongest physical AOE since it can be element boosted.

I have gotten the most mileage out of mug bloodlust and affinity break personally... I had hoped prishe would be strong with lifebane and bsb but sadly it’s really lacking without a dive or usb. SSS is good I guess but I don’t have many strong spellblades (Bartz/squall/celes) so I have not used it. Allegro is a weird one, it's good but I normally bring papalymo anyway so he gives them quick cast for the most part, then relm with her usb helps close things with instacast after.... hard to fit it, may try with Deuce at some point.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
5* and 6* Abilities is basically pairing them up with your good USBs, otherwise save the orbs/crystals until you get one and Wrath/Lifesiphon into your BSBs instead.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
5* and 6* Abilities is basically pairing them up with your good USBs, otherwise save the orbs/crystals until you get one and Wrath/Lifesiphon into your BSBs instead.

since the ability buff, many BSB commands are outclassed by 5* abilities. generally nowadays, you want to be using 5* abilities even if you are using BSBs. exceptions are rare, things like Squall's BSB2.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Wow the new torments in jp sound super scary but so interesting. First off, toughest boss has 2 million HP, 70k def and 66.5k res, as well as a turn limit befor he ohko the party (yay). But what is really unique about it:
1. You start with stone skin which doesn’t wear off (free guardbringer buff!)
2. Your RW is a Realm Chain (stacks increase per ability used for a realm character)
3. Each FFT character increases his elemental weakness, starting at 20% for no characters up to 120% for full synergy... oh and break effectiveness from 0/0/0/10%/20%/30%.
4. You can get rewards as long as you meet HP threshold, so even I you can’t fully beat him you still get lewtz.

People will hate it but I’m quite interested to see how it pans out. Seems like they are pushing for people to go wide for characters and relics rather than just use OP characters for everything.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Looking forward to it. It does mean I'm going to have to eventually fill some holes in a few realms. Don't have a medica of any kind for FF 2, 5, or 8 yet.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Wow the new torments in jp sound super scary but so interesting. First off, toughest boss has 2 million HP, 70k def and 66.5k res, as well as a turn limit befor he ohko the party (yay). But what is really unique about it:
1. You start with stone skin which doesn’t wear off (free guardbringer buff!)
2. Your RW is a Realm Chain (stacks increase per ability used for a realm character)
3. Each FFT character increases his elemental weakness, starting at 20% for no characters up to 120% for full synergy... oh and break effectiveness from 0/0/0/10%/20%/30%.
4. You can get rewards as long as you meet HP threshold, so even I you can’t fully beat him you still get lewtz.

People will hate it but I’m quite interested to see how it pans out. Seems like they are pushing for people to go wide for characters and relics rather than just use OP characters for everything.

3 is weird... you mean FFT as in Tactics? Why is one particular realm given a bonus? I'm confuzzled.

Based on what you're saying I hate it LoL... but I'm the type of person generally open to new stuff so... I'm also looking forward to it!

I'm in discord right now for raid... come :cool:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I won't be able to raid this week! I'll be back to my usual schedule next week. Knock em dead!

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Sorry wasn't clear, the torment just released was for FF Tactics, so it's relevant to the realm. Future ones I assume will be similar, unless they get massive backlash and tweak it to be more like how the CM is for Torment JS now.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm TOO POOR for this shit :mad:

Latest selection draw, gem only... I *need* Stoneskin II !

One of you guys talk me out of this~

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You get Tyro's Wall and Yshtola's Stoneskin II for free when they add the library later on (3'ish months or so?)

I did the gem draw -- went 1/11 Reno's BSB (new relic, but it's worthless). Chose Tidus's LMR, which was why I did the draw in the first place, so still worth it, kind of.

I was considering doing both draws and picking Squall's LMR next, but after going 1/11 trash, I'm skipping the second draw.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't know the full details myself honestly, it's some kind of revamp of cid missions or something designed to make catching up easier for new players and they give out a bunch of ancient but useful soulbreaks when it happens. Both walls are in the list of relics they give out along with a few other things. Reddit has a full list.

Edit: Here's the JP thread about it: [Library of Guidance] JP Megathread • r/FFRecordKeeper

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was considering doing both draws and picking Squall's LMR next, but after going 1/11 trash, I'm skipping the second draw.

Not really that big of an increase in total damage output for Squall, is it? En-ice on his BSB entry and you don't need to juggle multiple SBs like with Tidus.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking for 4* magicite he could start with snowspell right away, then maybe his OSB would be more damage than his BSB2 in the short term for burst damage if he already had en-ice from the LMR.