Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Went for Edge and Noctis SSBs. Got some random stuff in the two draws, notably the instant cast Vanille BSB, which I think is my first instant healing spell.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Finally scrounged up the Mythril for my third shot at the Onion Banner - and scored Sage USB! Only two of my Magicite teams are magic-based at the moment and I mostly pull for physical characters, but I'm stoked.

I'm leery of the gem draw for now. I like Edge's SSB as I've put off diving a ninja (plus it'd by my third +fire armor), and Tidus LMR is appealing because I have CSB, OSB, USB, BSB2 for him--none of which provide en-water--and I've only one +water armor.

Is anyone looking to dump a bunch of mythril before the big Anniversary fest? As much as I want TG Cid USB, I know it's going to continue to appear on Fests alongside other good relics and I'm not sold on the Tactics banner quality, then I need to weigh the awesome V banner with Earth and Ice relics galore.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If I do pull on the LMR banner I'm going to do it for waifu reasons -- I have wanted Celes' LMR for a long time.

Going to wait til the absolute last day to decide.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Got Edge’s SSB2 (and lightningLMR). Much worth:
EE2A0555-12DF-4815-8617-7C5F8FADFD06.png

Also got cloud USB (finally! No Motes to dive though) and golbez usb, So I guess it was kinda worth it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Edge’s SSB2 (and lightningLMR). Much worth:
View attachment 160207

Also got cloud USB (finally! No Motes to dive though) and golbez usb, So I guess it was kinda worth it.
Yeah dive him ASAP. We get Crystal Tower motes tomorrow.

The best use of the USB in my opinion is just USB then Omega Drive x3. It's no setup and high damage if you have the crystals for Omega Drive. That can beat every magicite with minimal other damage sources in 60 seconds if you do it twice (I've done it).

Yes you can Zack Wind Chain and Cloud BSB2 and have someone Imperil Wind for crazy numbers, but that's overkill for most battles and you lose a bunch of team flexibility.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't have Cloud's USB so haven't really run the numbers deeply or anything, but wouldn't using 5* spellblades be more damage than Omega Drive in magicite fights with his USB buff?

Omega Drive is 5.68 modifier at max power, +30% damage RM, with a 35% chance to be dualcasted (Cloud's LM2), so let's say average 9.9 potency.

Spellblades are 3.2 modifier, +50% vs weakness, +6% dive bonus, +40% spellblade RM, +15% magicite bonus, +20% for 1 piece of elem gear, for a modifier of 9.8, but it also generates 50% more soulgauge due to hitting a weakness, and goes even higher if you imperil, have 2 pieces of elem gear, or a chain relic.

Other stuff like +physical applies to either, so I left those numbers out.

That's just my 20 second napkin math though, so I could be off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't have Cloud's USB so haven't really run the numbers deeply or anything, but wouldn't using 5* spellblades be more damage than Omega Drive in magicite fights with his USB buff?

Omega Drive is 5.68 modifier at max power, +30% damage RM, with a 35% chance to be dualcasted (Cloud's LM2), so let's say average 9.9 potency.

Spellblades are 3.2 modifier, +50% vs weakness, +6% dive bonus, +40% spellblade RM, +15% magicite bonus, +20% for 1 piece of elem gear, for a modifier of 9.8, but it also generates 50% more soulgauge due to hitting a weakness, and goes even higher if you imperil, have 2 pieces of elem gear, or a chain relic.

In my experience Omega Drive is better than Spellblades, the whole point of why I suggest it is the zero setup really.

Of course adding in elemental gear and chains and imperils will make the Spellblades better, but you added a bunch of setup. You may need slots for other things like Astra or Last Stand or Wall.

Also consider that you can put the Spellblade ability on another character, you likely don't have multiple copies of them. I have Bartz USB so most Spellblades go on him.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

We don't have Spellblades for most elements - only fire, water, lightning. Ice and Wind are locked behind 6* dive which Cloud doesn't get (or that garbage 2-hit AOE). Earth only AOE for now. Dark and holy maybe never.

Considering how easy Omega Drive is to set up and most players don't have spare +elemental equipment (hell I just got my second and third +fire armor this last week and I've been playing since the beginning and kind of planned all my mythril usage) , and the RNG can save your ass with dual casts, the Spellblades are a lot of work.

Spellblades could be fine damage, but Omega Drive is more universally usable (of the 5* Spellblades, I've only honed the water one). I haven't found anything to survive R2 Omega Drive.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Awesome surprise, we got 4* magicites a week early!

Water's my best element so I went vs Maliris first and got her in 28 seconds. Definitely a huge step up from 3* magicites, and I think the other bosses may be out of reach for sub-30 for now. Here's my Maliris kill:
What's with that weird translation btw...

Crystal tower is out too, which was a decent challenge but wasn't too bad to do it with full cid missions. My lack of haste relics except Onion/Ramza is a real pain in the ass for CT.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Awesome surprise, we got 4* magicites a week early!

Water's my best element so I went vs Maliris first and got her in 28 seconds. Definitely a huge step up from 3* magicites, and I think the other bosses may be out of reach for sub-30 for now. Here's my Maliris kill:
What's with that weird translation btw...

Crystal tower is out too, which was a decent challenge but wasn't too bad to do it with full cid missions. My lack of haste relics except Onion/Ramza is a real pain in the ass for CT.
Marilith to Maliris
Aeris to Aerith

???

Seems like th and s are another confusing pair for the Japanese like the more famous r and l.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm totally not prepared for 4* magicites haha. guess i gotta pull up a bunch of Reddit posts and cram a bit.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Probably won’t be able to try it seriously till the weekend... but man I am all kinds of confused with the inheritance mumbo jumbo. I get the gist but does anyone have a tl;dr version of what passives for which and what we should work towards?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
damn, that Atlas fight in this month's Crystal Tower is rough. going to have to rethink a lot.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Marilith seemed to be going ok until 40 seconds in when she went apeshit and spammed Savage Firaga, seemed on track for a ~60 sec clear until then. Going to have to drop Shelke for another DPS or something defensive.

damn, that Atlas fight in this month's Crystal Tower is rough. going to have to rethink a lot.
Magic Blink eats the dispel. Tyro BSB was great for rebuffing and Protect/Shell/MBlink.

Having Shelke instant cast Wall at the start seemed kind of nessesary too.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got Midgardsormr down in 59 seconds using a team of Onion, Alphinaud, Fujiin, Ramza, Sarah. Once Alphinaud's legend dive is released this will get MUCH easier for me to repeat. Sarah's legend dive comes out in I think 2 weeks, and that's another one which is going to be a huge boost to my team. Her magic blink medica is so useful in 4* magicites. Wish I had Rosa's USB... Video of my earth magicite clear:

I gave a few tries to Isgebind, but my options for fire aren't too hot (get it?.....) I think I'm going to have to legend dive a dps or two that aren't really meta if I want to take him out with what I currently have available. Maybe Yda (I have her usb) or Krile (en-fire BSB). Not too sure, maybe I'll just come back to him later.

I also gave one try to Ixion and got destroyed, but improvements could be made for future attempts. Haven't touched Tiamat or Kraken yet.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I went for Marilith, too. Consistently around 26 seconds.
Using:
Shelke - Wraith R3, Entrust R2
Ramza - Shout and USB with Wraith R3, Entrust R1 (not usually using)
Eiko - BSB, R1 Shellga, R2 Curada. I found I can hold BSB entry until the 10 second mark which helps
Tidus - Lifesiphon til 12 seconds, unleash chain and instacast BSB2 and USB a couple Sapphire Shots
Bartz - Lifesiphon til 12 seconds, then USB into R3 Water Spellblade
Magicite - Whale thingy, usually held out til 20 seconds

My offense is predictable - same strat as 3* magicites.
My defense was not great - I needed that 50% crit from Eiko so my healing is tight.

Hitting sub-30 on day 1 is great, but even going for my very best element it's not the farm that my worst 3* magicite is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I feel like my lightning team is very strong, and yet Kraken is wrecking me. It's not so much dps that's the problem, but his counterattacks just melt my team. Going to have to watch some videos of other people doing the fight to get some ideas I think.

Decided to start the farm to begin building up 4* magicites to level and work on inheritance. I know that's a huge part of the puzzle to beat elements we're weaker in. Farmed up 4 copies of Maliris and Firemane so far (thanks drop trackers) and this weekend I'm going to use all my stamina potions in Sunday exp dungeon to get them leveled up.

I took some inspiration from yamikazo's team and adjusted my Maliris lineup. I kicked off Rikku to bring in Shelke instead to feed Tidus limit gauge so he can spam his BSB2 and that brought my average kill time down to about 26 seconds with less reliance on rng doublecasts.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I went for Marilith, too. Consistently around 26 seconds.
Using:
Shelke - Wraith R3, Entrust R2
Ramza - Shout and USB with Wraith R3, Entrust R1 (not usually using)
Eiko - BSB, R1 Shellga, R2 Curada. I found I can hold BSB entry until the 10 second mark which helps
Tidus - Lifesiphon til 12 seconds, unleash chain and instacast BSB2 and USB a couple Sapphire Shots
Bartz - Lifesiphon til 12 seconds, then USB into R3 Water Spellblade
Magicite - Whale thingy, usually held out til 20 seconds

My offense is predictable - same strat as 3* magicites.
My defense was not great - I needed that 50% crit from Eiko so my healing is tight.

Hitting sub-30 on day 1 is great, but even going for my very best element it's not the farm that my worst 3* magicite is.
Lol so my attempt I used the same strategy you used, I was puzzled why I failed and you succeeded. Oh... Tidus USB and BSB2 I thought, my Tidus only had CSB. My Shelke entrusts had nothing good to be used on past the first two

I decided to pull on the water banner. Orlandeau USB is crazy but I'm very strong in FFT/Holy and have most of the banner already. Bad luck would mean wasted mthril.

So I pulled and got Tidus BSB2 and USB. I'm a lucky bastard!

tmp_24650-Screenshot_2018-01-25-19-10-48158215217.png

I think Magic Blink is nessesary for the weak phase, two Savage Firagas in a row is too much... sub 30 is great but it's not easily farmable for me like this.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Lol so my attempt I used the same strategy you used, I was puzzled why I failed and you succeeded. Oh... Tidus USB and BSB2 I thought, my Tidus only had CSB. My Shelke entrusts had nothing good to be used on past the first two

I decided to pull on the water banner. Orlandeau USB is crazy but I'm very strong in FFT/Holy and have most of the banner already. Bad luck would mean wasted mthril.

So I pulled and got Tidus BSB2 and USB. I'm a lucky bastard!

I think Magic Blink is nessesary for the weak phase, two Savage Firagas in a row is too much... sub 30 is great but it's not easily farmable for me like this.

Nice! Congrats on the clear!

What I've found:

For me it's about 50% S/L which is a pretty solid farm. I've been using a level 1 Liquid Flame Magicite for the 3% dampen fire, it made a big difference in my survivability.

Currently for Magicite I've got: 99 Enki main with subs of 99 Phantom, 99 Bottomswell, 99 Hombaba, 34 Liquid Flame
That gives me 15% more water damage, 6% extra crits (awesome DPS for early chain usage), 40 ATK, 30 MND, and 3% dampen fire.

Enki in main slot resets my fire imperil and seems a little more reliable than running the whale which so often would block a regular firaga.

Your team should have more survivability than mine - Eiko only Curadas for 5.2k and her burst (which I get off twice) heals for much less. For heals I run shellga-Curada-burst-Curada x4 (ish)-burst-Curada, with Mako Might. My team just barely survives waiting for that third turn burst but it's pretty rare I have someone die (less than 10% of runs).

I imagine your Tidus rotation is similar to mine - I lifesiphon til 12 seconds (or so), then chain, with entrust landing right after chain goes off, then do BSB (instant entry), then instant USB, then instant sapphire shot, then instant USB (thanks Ramza USB) into instant USB into instant USB.

Shelke opens with instant wall then wraths until 13 seconds, then entrust, then wrath 2x, entrust and then defend. She's a Tidus battery that feeds his instant casts.

I also use Celes' 40% spellblade damage on Bartz, 40% blitzball on Tidus. He and Tidus both have dual +water gears. I've thought about testing 30% sword on Bartz instead but I don't think it will make much difference.

All in all I'm pretty happy - my endgame water investment paid off and I didn't have to use any orbs. I put a lot of mythril into this team and had average-at-best RNG in getting the relics. I may not be able to clear all the new magicites on day 1, but I was able to jump into my best element using only 3* magicites and farm sub-30.

Last edited: