Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nice! Congrats on the clear!

What I've found:

For me it's about 50% S/L which is a pretty solid farm. I've been using a level 1 Liquid Flame Magicite for the 3% dampen fire, it made a big difference in my survivability.

Currently for Magicite I've got: 99 Enki main with subs of 99 Phantom, 99 Bottomswell, 99 Hombaba, 34 Liquid Flame
That gives me 15% more water damage, 6% extra crits (awesome DPS for early chain usage), 40 ATK, 30 MND, and 3% dampen fire.

Enki in main slot resets my fire imperil and seems a little more reliable than running the whale which so often would block a regular firaga.

Your team should have more survivability than mine - Eiko only Curadas for 5.2k and her burst (which I get off twice) heals for much less. For heals I run shellga-Curada-burst-Curada x4 (ish)-burst-Curada, with Mako Might. My team just barely survives waiting for that third turn burst but it's pretty rare I have someone die (less than 10% of runs).

I imagine your Tidus rotation is similar to mine - I lifesiphon til 12 seconds (or so), then chain, with entrust landing right after chain goes off, then do BSB (instant entry), then instant USB, then instant sapphire shot, then instant USB (thanks Ramza USB) into instant USB into instant USB.

Shelke opens with instant wall then wraths until 13 seconds, then entrust, then wrath 2x, entrust and then defend. She's a Tidus battery that feeds his instant casts.

I also use Celes' 40% spellblade damage on Bartz, 40% blitzball on Tidus. He and Tidus both have dual +water gears. I've thought about testing 30% sword on Bartz instead but I don't think it will make much difference.

All in all I'm pretty happy - my endgame water investment paid off and I didn't have to use any orbs. I put a lot of mythril into this team and had average-at-best RNG in getting the relics. I may not be able to clear all the new magicites on day 1, but I was able to jump into my best element using only 3* magicites and farm sub-30.
I got it down again in 31 seconds so 50% S/L may end up being about right.

I'm missing the water gear, just got the blitzball. I have quinas hat but I'm wearing defensive gear so not using it. I don't get the instant cast from Ramza either with Onion Knight.

3* magicite I have them all at 99 so no worries there.

Main difference is the Tidus USB rotation. I'm doing CSB, USB, instant Sapphire Shot, BSB, instant Sapphire Shot, BSB, instant Sapphire Shot. I didn't think of using the BSB to make the USB instant!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Liquid Flame was my easiest 3* magicite, so I figured it's best to focus on Marilith.

First attempt I just took in my Liquid Flame sub-30 farm team to dip my toes in the water (fire). About 50% before dying. Not horrible for a first run... it felt doable with another healer.

2nd attempt with a sustainability team vs. dps I got to about 25% before a string of unlucky savage fire and healer interrupts flattened me.

About 5 attempts into it, I got her to this:

Screenshot_20180125-191338.png

Cue tiny violin~

2 attempts later:

Screenshot_20180125-200941.png

Full mastery, Rk 3 Dervish honed, and I'm feeling less n00bish :cool: (still a n00b, no doubt, but just a bit less)

This victory feels just like my first 3* victory... only it happened MUCH sooner relative to release... I could have tackled 3* sooner, but I honestly put it off for months due to the encounters feeling literally impossible at the time.

*edit* wow, I lied... Rk 3 Dervish is so expensive! I need to farm gil dungeons just to hone... how awful! Was totally assuming that since I got the orbs it was basically honed. I jumped the gun :rolleyes:

ALSO, At what level should 4* magicites be considered usable as upgrades to their 3* counterparts?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I got it down again in 31 seconds so 50% S/L may end up being about right.

I'm missing the water gear, just got the blitzball. I have quinas hat but I'm wearing defensive gear so not using it. I don't get the instant cast from Ramza either with Onion Knight.

3* magicite I have them all at 99 so no worries there.

Main difference is the Tidus USB rotation. I'm doing CSB, USB, instant Sapphire Shot, BSB, instant Sapphire Shot, BSB, instant Sapphire Shot. I didn't think of using the BSB to make the USB instant!

Yeah, with the quickcast from chain I'm not sure how much time that first BSB saves me, but it's sweet to have every action from Tidus be ~100k instantly. The first BSB does ~7k non-crit but everything besides the chase caps at instant 9,999's after that.

You can totally equip Quina's hairpin - I have it on Bartz. If he gets hit by an early physical attack in the front row he's going to be dead regardless, but legend dived and moderate fire resist he's not at any more of a risk than my non-dived Eiko or Ramza. Liquid flame gave me enough of a defensive boost to get over the fear, even at level 1.

Our setups are a little different - I'd think that Onion Knight's EX Mode gives you more SB gauge to where you can skip those sapphire shots entirely, whereas I spent ~4 turns on Ramza for 1 instant cast and that's not a ton of use from the 1.5 soul break bars he gets from the fight.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Full mastery, Rk 3 Dervish honed, and I'm feeling less n00bish :cool: (still a n00b, no doubt, but just a bit less)

This victory feels just like my first 3* victory... only it happened MUCH sooner relative to release... I could have tackled 3* sooner, but I honestly put it off for months due to the encounters feeling literally impossible at the time.

*edit* wow, I lied... Rk 3 Dervish is so expensive! I need to farm gil dungeons just to hone... how awful! Was totally assuming that since I got the orbs it was basically honed. I jumped the gun :rolleyes:

ALSO, At what level should 4* magicites be considered usable as upgrades to their 3* counterparts?

Congrats!

For the 4* vs 3* magicite I think it will depend - King Bomb might crush Mom Bomb at level 65, but Marilith won't replace Salamander until level 80 because that's when the crit fix sets in. The offensive magicite give options that we didn't have before (e.g., Bomb King has Magic Boon whereas our only 3* option had attack), so I'm going to see how the situation evolves. I think a 4* at 80 will probably nearly always be superior, and sometimes sooner?

The raw +stats from ATK/MAG boons is going to be a big difference plus just 2 magicite @ 99 gives a 23% elemental bonus so I'm expecting to get tons more passive benefits and mix/match options.

• 1Like

Healthfood

Golden Squire
You guys are ballers! Been trying a few of them a couple of times but so far only managed marilis thanks to tidus chain and bsb1 (lol). Literally everyone ran out of hones, needed lucky double procs through out to push through. These are no joke.

8F27FC8F-4BB3-47B4-A9A8-0707E1B8B8F3.png

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How is everyone doing on 4* Magicite? Got Fire/Water down sub 30 (well... 31 seconds for Water) and Earth/Lightning down sub 60. I don't think I can do Ice/Wind yet.

Larsa is great on fights with status effects, wrathing into Astra - I'm also usually pairing that up with Onion Knight casting Curada.

Edge SSB is amazing on Ixion, I did the fight without a healer which is my first time ever doing that, but it's absolutely horrific.

Shelke is great to instant cast Wall before any attacks land.

You seem to need one of the broken DPS combos per fight, I had Cloud USB/BSB2 for Wind damage, Bartz USB/BSB for Earth Damage, Shanttoto CSB/USB for Lightning Damage, Tidus CSB/USB for Water Damage. You need another decent elemental DPS with that too but nothing too fancy. Chains seem to be the easiest way to beat these since they can elevate decent DPS to the broken levels.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm still a ways away from doing any of them... I'm lacking those OP DPS combos... I have Squall BSB2 w/ LD, Lulu USB w/ LD, and Rinoa's ice CSB, so that would be my closest one, except Tiamat is supposed to be the hardest...

I've got Tidus' CSB but then just his BSB1 and Rikku BSB for water SBs.

I guess maybe I could figure out something with Zack's wind CSB, probably won't sit down for a day to puzzle it out any time soon tho.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Waiting til Sundaily to level up my Maliris.

Comment about one uber/broken DPS complemented by another strong DPS seems true.

Not in a huge rush to get these all down since leveling up Magicite is a limiting factor. I can probably sub-30 Ice and Wind, then planning on pulling on the V banner to get Earth (Ninja skills for Edge $$). That means I need good banners for ice and lightning, but my last 250 mythril on those elements hasn't given me anything at all.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been farming Maliris with my keystones. I just hit 4 copies of all 3 fire magicites today, and I'll be using all stamina and stam pots in tomorrow's EXP dungeon, then going to inherit my old 3* lvl 99 magicites to the new fire ones. We'll see if that gives me the push I need to take down Isgebind with subpar fire relics.

I'm considering doing the second gem pull and selecting Edge SSB2 as the relic selection. It just seems so good for multiple 4* magicite fights.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm considering doing the second gem pull and selecting Edge SSB2 as the relic selection. It just seems so good for multiple 4* magicite fights.

Physical ninja wrecks water, dark, and (soon) earth. With the buff they'll be 7-hit with increased multipliers. Such good damage any SB is basically just a finsher. I think Edge's SSB2 shines for speedruns with buffing chains (e.g., Zack) but it fits well onto my 4* Earth team.

Also, wind/fire ninja magics for guaranteed fast cast 20k per turn with 35% dualcast chance are ok.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Just scraping through so far... mostly focusing on sub60 for now. Only gotten water and earth so far, can’t seem to do a lot of damage. Are you guys all running double buffers?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah go for your CSB options first.

Tiamat does seem the hardest, I can hardly make a dent in it. Physical is at a disadvantage too since it flies every 15 seconds or so for a turn. I want Rinoa CSB I think, especially since inJP they redid the animation to match the FF8 Shiva summon (most Shiva spells for any realm match the FF5 Shiva used for the 3* summon).
Just scraping through so far... mostly focusing on sub60 for now. Only gotten water and earth so far, can’t seem to do a lot of damage. Are you guys all running double buffers?
Onion pUSB is pretty much a double buff on it's own with that 50% crit. My lighting team used Onion mUSB and Cloud of Darkness USB. So yeah it seems like it!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
man I am all kinds of confused with the inheritance mumbo jumbo. I get the gist but does anyone have a tl;dr version of what passives for which and what we should work towards?

Now that I've played around with it and understand it better, I figured maybe I could answer this.

First of all, only level 99 magicite can inherit stats/passives. Because of the heavy investment involved with inheritance, I recommend you only inherit to 4* magicite except for the still relevant 3* magicite like Enkidu or Unicorn.

One of the features for inheritance is simple stat boosting. If you click on the inheritance details button when inspecting a magicite, you can see it's inheritance stat caps, such as:
inheritstats.jpg

To raise the magicite's stats you feed it other magicite, such as the 1 or 2* magicite fodder. More stats are gained if feeding it a matching element, or if the fodder is higher level, but just dumping unleveled 1* magicite into it will still raise stats. Magicite stats are used for boon passives and the active summons.

The most important part of inheritance though is the extra passive slot you can inherit. When feeding a magicite into another one, you can choose to also transfer one of the passives at the current rank. This new passive will be treated as another standalone passive for diminishing returns. Passives can only be transfered among same element magicite, or the next element on the wheel.

For example, here's my current Bomb King magicite:
pic.jpg

As you can see, I've given him a dampen blizzard passive (to help vs Isgebind). When choosing which passives to inherit, keep in mind the diminishing returns. If you're already running 3 copies of rank 15 Magic Boon, which is already a 27% boon (15+7.5+3.25) then adding a 4th copy of magic boon would only bring the bonus up to 28%, so it's better to diversify the passives you inherit.

To give an example of the optimized esper loadout I'm building to go against Isgebind, I'm going to be running the following magicites with inheritances (eventually):

Mom Bomb: Empower Fire r10 -- Attack Boon r10 -- (Inherited) none for now
King Bomb: Empower Fire r15 -- Magic Boon r15 -- Health Boon r5 -- (Inherited) Dampen Blizzard r7
King Bomb: Empower Fire r15 -- Magic Boon r15 -- Health Boon r5 -- (Inherited) Dampen Blizzard r7
Garuda: (irrelevant empower) -- Magic Boon r15 -- Fast Act r8 -- (Inherited) none for now
Garuda: (irrelevant empower) -- Magic Boon r15 -- Fast Act r8 -- (Inherited) none for now

Using that loadout, after diminishing returns it will provide:
+25% fire damage
+28% MAG boon (this will add +253 magic stat to my units)
+8% Health boon
+12% casting speed
-11% ice damage taken
+10% ATK boon

Last edited:

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
While we're on the subject: is magicite HP actually a factor? If it is, I never noticed... do they actually get "killed" in battle?

*edit* and by killed I mean stop functioning? Because like I said, it seems they always last the full 30 seconds per summon but I'm such a limpshit player I may have simply failed to notice LoL

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Boon passives are based off magicite's combined stats (100% of the primary magicite, 50% of all secondary magicites), so their HP only matters if you're using a Health Boon passive, which would determine how much your teams HP is boosted. For example, if your equipped magicites had the following stats:

Primary: Mom Bomb -- 3201 hp
Secondary1: Bomb King -- 3484 hp -- Health Boon r5
Secondary2: Bomb King -- 3484 hp -- Health Boon r5
Secondary3: Garuda -- 3769 hp
Secondary4: Garuda -- 3769 hp

Their combined hp as it relates to boons would be 10,454
(100% of the primary, half of the secondaries, added together)

Two copies of Health Boon r5 would (after diminshing returns) add 8% of that 10,454 to your team's max hp, adding 836 to the maxHP of each of your units.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well that took some serious work to make happen, but I got Isgebind down in 57 seconds with Krile BSB as my only fire relic. Exact team was:

Shadow -- Smoldering Fire r3, Phantasm r4 -- no SB
Onion -- Chain Firaga r4, Affliction Break r2 -- mUSB
Yshtola -- Curada r3, Protectga r3 -- BSB
Raines -- Meltdown r4, Firaja r4 -- BSB
Krile -- Valigarmanda r3 -- BSB

Magicite: Unicorn (primary), King Bomb, King Bomb, Sealion, Shadow Dragon
Video: Isgebind 57 seconds

I had to hone up Chain Firaga and Smoldering Fire to make this happen, and I ended up dropping the Mom Bomb imperil in favor of Unicorn because paralyze was still a problem even with affliction break.

Adding two copies of Dampen Blizzard and two copies of Defense Boon made a very noticeable difference in my survival, but even with those I still lost Raines around the 35 second mark, which almost cost me the run but Krile's outdated BSB still carried me to the end, barely.

I'm going to kill him twice more for my 4th copy of Isgebind magicite, but then I'm leaving this guy alone until I land some better fire relics someday.

That makes 3/6 new magicites cleared for me. Think I'm going to focus on Ixion next.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got Ixion down in two attempts, 43 seconds. Was easier than I expected him to be. Team was:

Onion -- Chain Stonega r3, Fullbreak r3 -- mUSB
Aphmau -- Curada r3, Protectga r3 -- USB
Arc -- UltraCure r3, Shellga -- SSB
Maria -- Meltdown r4 -- BSB
Ingus -- Power Breakdown r5, Magic Breakdown r5 -- BSB2

Magicites: Shell Dragon (primary), Shell Dragon, Hydra, King Bomb, King Bomb

The trick was to blink the scripted dispels with Arc's SSB and use Onion or Aphmau's USB to rebuff haste when he does a random aoe dispel. Ixion isn't super break resistant unlike most magicite bosses, so I brought the usual breakdown package to keep his damage in check.

4/6 now, which just leaves Kraken and Tiamat to figure out. Since I can take out Ixion and Isgebind without Edge's ssb I guess I'm not doing the second gem pull afterall.

Edit: Not my first kill video, but I figured I'd upload one anyway: Ixion 38 seconds

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Midgarsormr down, consistently sub-30 with very little RNG involved. Ran Malaris through the EXP daily yesterday got her to 99, inherited a Salamander for the 8+5% crit damage boost. That concludes my chains.

Isgebind sub-30 might be possible, but it'll take me another week to get King Bomb to 99 before I give it some tries.

It takes a solid week to get a single 4* magicite to 99, so no rush for me to get around the wheel.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright, now I feel like I'm spamming the thread, but hopefully these posts help at least one person get some ideas for magicite teams. Anyhow, after a few team tweaks, I took out Kraken in 49 seconds using:

Onion -- Chain Thundaga r3, Thundaja r4 -- mUSB
Beatrix -- Ultra Cure r3, Protectga r3 -- BSB -- Auto-Sentinel RM (important)
Alphinaud -- Curaja r5, Shellga -- SSB
Ashe -- Valigarmanda r3 -- BSB
Yshtola -- Curada r3 -- BSB

Magicites: Unicorn (primary), Hydra, Hydra, Bismark, King Bomb
Video: Kraken 49 seconds

So the problem I had was counter-attacks wrecking my team. The answer to that problem was to have Beatrix wear the major water resist accessory and cast Sentinel (bsb cmd1) to draw all single target melee and spells to her, and she had an auto-sentinel RM as well to cover the counters right from the start of the fight.

I also ran kind of 3 healers with Yshtola, Alphinaud, and Beatrix all casting heals while Ashe / Onion did the damage, with some help from Alph's radiant shield. Unicorn was to prevent the stop and for yet even more healing (Kraken really hurts).

Only Tiamat remains for me, but I need a break from magicite for a few days, grinding out these past few wins has been tiresome!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fucking... I feel like I'm missing so much from having so few USB and OSB :(