Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Screenshot_20200330-035553_FFRK.jpg

...damn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm hoping for a 30 mithril gift from the daily gift dungeon soon to get me a pull.

Was going to go for the Terra banner as I have magic fire chain with Vivi and Terra Awakenings and USBs. Just her sync and I've got great team.

Not sure if I should do the anniversary fire banner instead, it's double the chance for a sync but I'll need the physical chain too to have a useable team.

Also working on Ifrit, think I've got a team that can clear it, just need to time heals correctly.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are we getting another big haul of mythril in a daily gift? Didn't we already get like 30 or 45? Last few fest have only been giving 30 since they give so many free pulls now too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are we getting another big haul of mythril in a daily gift? Didn't we already get like 30 or 45? Last few fest have only been giving 30 since they give so many free pulls now too.
There's usually a gift dungeon randomly with 30 mithril in the middle of the festival, it's possible to they already gave it to us up front though as we had two 30 mithril gifts day one.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did a bunch of crap to scrounge together another 50 mythril and pull on banner 3 and only 1 5*. Seems like those pulls never go well for me and I've yet to get a sync.

Killed Phoenix, Belias, Mateus, and Manticore 4x each, ready to tackle the wind magicite. I was struggling with Mateus even with gilgamesh fire chain 2.0 and Bartz and Locke with awakening, did a little research to figure out what I was doing wrong and found out imperil is almost a necessity, much easier after that, but he is annoying.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did a bunch of crap to scrounge together another 50 mythril and pull on banner 3 and only 1 5*. Seems like those pulls never go well for me and I've yet to get a sync.

Killed Phoenix, Belias, Mateus, and Manticore 4x each, ready to tackle the wind magicite. I was struggling with Mateus even with gilgamesh fire chain 2.0 and Bartz and Locke with awakening, did a little research to figure out what I was doing wrong and found out imperil is almost a necessity, much easier after that, but he is annoying.
Wind and Earth were the last to release of the 6 elements and are noticably harder.

Lightning was the first and may be easier, especially as you can use Heavy Earth abilities to break enrage and don't need a SB to do it.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got good relics for Ice so I'll give it a few goes first. Squall awakening w/ Laguna chain and Lulu awakening with Edea's chain. I'll probably skip earth after that though.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm getting awfully close to upgrading every single character to level 4 record sphere. I think I have about a dozen more characters which I'd only need about ~600 more vitality 4* motes. That's crazy, innit?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Typhon down, super easy with that kind of dps, I can even avoid the first sneeze.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm getting awfully close to upgrading every single character to level 4 record sphere. I think I have about a dozen more characters which I'd only need about ~600 more vitality 4* motes. That's crazy, innit?
Yeah I'm not far off either!

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there a general strategy to inheriting these 5* magicite?
Yeah:

If it's got element boon, inherit x2 element boon.
If it's got dampen element, inherit x2 dampen element.

So you need 8 copies of every Magicite to inherit all that.

Then you make an extra Phoenix and inherit x2 Health Boon for defence.

Then you make 2 extra Madeen and inherit x2 Attack Boon on one and x2 Magic Boon on the other for offense.

Then you make an extra Lakshmi and inherit x1 Healing Boon and x1 Mind Boon for healing.

Then you can make 2 more Phoenix with x2 Blade Ward or x2 Spell Ward for extra defence.

Usually you'll be using 1 Element Boom, 1 Ward Element, 1 Health Boon Phoenix, 1 Madeen with the correct boost for your team and then a Lakshmi if you use Regenga and Awakening heal procs or a Phoenix for Blade/Spell Ward if the boss is focused on one damage type.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And then once you're done building your deck of 5* magicites you quit because the design of everything after 5* magicites is complete dogshit.

• 1Solidarity

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
And then once you're done building your deck of 5* magicites you quit because the design of everything after 5* magicites is complete dogshit.
Lol, I don't doubt it. I just keep coming back for the free gambling itch. I normally only do auto clear shit as you can see by me playing this game 4 years and only now starting to really put some time into 5* magicite and that's only because of the extra downtime I'm experiencing due to the covids. And 5* magicite ain't what they once were, I'll probably tackle 6* when syncs become the new awakening.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Typhon down... that makes every 5* "element" elemental magicite complete; it's been real. Real tough~

I don't know how I'll ever tackle Madeen, Doomgaze and Ark. For some reason, everything I throw at them does dick-all for damage. Example: Orlandeuaueuaeau's Awakening is doing like 6k dmg.

I have 150 chain magic dark (on both Golbez and Cougar of Darkness) so it's possible I can take out Madeen, but only a 99 chain physical holy on Cecil and no magic holy chain. I just don't think I have the tools necessary, no matter how much honing or record boarding I do for these last few 5* magicites /sadface

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Typhon down... that makes every 5* "element" elemental magicite complete; it's been real. Real tough~

I don't know how I'll ever tackle Madeen, Doomgaze and Ark. For some reason, everything I throw at them does dick-all for damage. Example: Orlandeuaueuaeau's Awakening is doing like 6k dmg.

I have 150 chain magic dark (on both Golbez and Cougar of Darkness) so it's possible I can take out Madeen, but only a 99 chain physical holy on Cecil and no magic holy chain. I just don't think I have the tools necessary, no matter how much honing or record boarding I do for these last few 5* magicites /sadface

I find the reddit mastery threads help me a lot. There is usually some boss mechanic i missed reading the description of, but seeing how other people build teams helps understand the fight. Some of the posters in those threads even do a turn order of their team.