Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
That video is exactly what I'm talking about Sinz! It's just tooooo much to do now. You asked at the end "was it worth it?"

I'll never know; there's no amount of power creep that's going to help me get past an encounter like that or spend literally 3 hours on a tap-tap phone game to that level LoL. That vid is crazy !! It's almost like... even if I had the relics to complete it (I just may!), could I? No LoL Just not precise enough for the high end game like that... that is unreal, defeating a FFRK high-end boss is like building a watch.
That's not how you are supposed to do the boss though. You are supposed to have an earth sync with a good earth chain.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
For regular events?

Don't you have a team for every realm saved? I just use my Torment teams with minimal if any changes, I turn off auto battle for the last few stages but it's still fairly quick.

Been so long since I did Torments, so even if I had saved them the teams would be pretty ourated... But when I did do them I always tackled them in one sitting and didn't save the teams anyway

But what I really use my autobattle for is to rack up Magia points on whoever I recently pulled sweet relics for... Or for my elemental teams since I've got three or four 5* Magicites to go yet.. fully capable of doing them at this point gear wise, just never feel like it heh... And I keep getting new better relics so the Magia I racked up on the character with the old stuff becomes pointless and etc haha

Chris

Potato del Grande
Been so long since I did Torments, so even if I had saved them the teams would be pretty ourated... But when I did do them I always tackled them in one sitting and didn't save the teams anyway

But what I really use my autobattle for is to rack up Magia points on whoever I recently pulled sweet relics for... Or for my elemental teams since I've got three or four 5* Magicites to go yet.. fully capable of doing them at this point gear wise, just never feel like it heh... And I keep getting new better relics so the Magia I racked up on the character with the old stuff becomes pointless and etc haha
I blasted through all the torments recently with all my new stuff to update my teams, got a bunch of orbs and rubies.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

5th Dark Odin kill cleared, this time Fire Odin (weak to water)

Tidus -- bUSB
Strago -- BSB, CSB
Bartz -- USB1, Awaken
Rosa -- USB2
Tyro -- USB3, Awaken
RW: Mage
Esper: Leviathan

Feels good to be "done" with Odin. Technically i still need to kill weak to Fire/Holy/Dark, but those are far less important and low priority.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Chris said "that's not how you're supposed to do it" a few posts up with your porcupine win... but that Odin kill was a normal fight and still backed up what I was saying; the high-end is just insane and it's like building a watch; you gotta plan every round sufficiently because it's clear in the vid you know what skill the boss is tossing out next.

2 things; does MND expand how long a chain lasts? Also, I retired lifesiphon ages ago... it's still viable to use in the opening rounds to build gauge huh?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris said "that's not how you're supposed to do it" a few posts up with your porcupine win... but that Odin kill was a normal fight and still backed up what I was saying; the high-end is just insane and it's like building a watch; you gotta plan every round sufficiently because it's clear in the vid you know what skill the boss is tossing out next.

2 things; does MND expand how long a chain lasts? Also, I retired lifesiphon ages ago... it's still viable to use in the opening rounds to build gauge huh?
You can get the AI off reddit.

If you look at the team it's:
x1 on Element Awakening
x1 good on element DPS
x1 Gen 2 Chain, it's even the wrong type (physical would be better here)
x1 Regenga USB
x1 Wall/Crit Fixer
6* Magicite

Everything there can be replaced with a equivalent other than Tyro. Strago and Tidus are not even optimal. The Magicite is the hardest to replace, I think I had a water imperil and an AASB for extra DPS.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Chain duration is a locked 15 seconds of battle time. Nothing extends it.

Technically lifesiphon is still the highest soulgauge per action:

Lifesiphon: +150 soulgauge, no bonus for weakness
6* elemental skill: +90 soulgauge, or +135 when hitting weakness

6* celerity skills can build more gauge over time vs lifesiphon due to the faster or instant cast speeds.

For everyone else, Lifesiphon is still the best (other than Wrath) if all you care about is purely soulgauge generation. Of course, it's dealing effectively no damage, but on a fight like Odin it's all about building towards that burst damage phase with multiple SB's stacked, so missing a tiny speck of damage in the first 4 turns is worth it to get the gauge needed one round earlier by using lifesiphon. That's my feelings on it at least.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am going to play this casually again for a bit. Last time I played was around when Chain 2.0 started coming out. My progression level is I have beaten the 3* magicites.

I have about 400 mithril, what should I spend it on? I have a fire, earth, and water chain 1.0, holy chain 2.0, Tyro super wall, elarra USB already.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am going to play this casually again for a bit. Last time I played was around when Chain 2.0 started coming out. My progression level is I have beaten the 3* magicites.

I have about 400 mithril, what should I spend it on? I have a fire, earth, and water chain 1.0, holy chain 2.0, Tyro super wall, elarra USB already.
Tyro Super Wall is still used in endgame bosses and Ellara USB is the 2nd best type of healing SB behind Awakenings which hardly anyone has.

Buy all the 15 mithril realm and elemental draws, then wait for a banner with a Sync SB on it. Use lv3 anima lenses to buy Tyro's other USB with Astra on it (avoid status effect).

Make a team for each realm and two teams for each element (physical and magical), it's worth using a physical chain in a magical team and vice versa. Work on 4* and 5* Magicites and Torments.

Buy 6* abilities for characters you have an Awakening or Sync for.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I spent all my mithril and got the following Awakens :

Noctis
Zidane
Cloud
Warrior of Light
Locke

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I have a core crew that has a hastega and a meteor caster, all near or at 50. The melee one-shot stuff at difficulty 42ish still.

What should I do next to get xp? Should I even get xp?

Advice would be appreciated a lot, I find a lot of info on the game but not what I want to know.

Vanessa Vanessa if this is something you would elaborate on, I'd actually like to read it

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok so I have a core crew that has a hastega and a meteor caster, all near or at 50. The melee one-shot stuff at difficulty 42ish still.

What should I do next to get xp? Should I even get xp?

Advice would be appreciated a lot, I find a lot of info on the game but not what I want to know.

Vanessa Vanessa if this is something you would elaborate on, I'd actually like to read it
Do the limited time events as much as you can, then do realm dungeons. You'll get growth eggs to give characters extra exp. Once you finish realm dungeons you can start looking at the other features.

Use your Mithril on all of the 15 mithril Realm and Elemental banners. Buy characters you have an item for. Use mithril to buy inventory space, turn all 4* equipment into rainbow crystals.

You want to level your characters to 99, focus on the best 5 for each realm first. Yes that's 85 characters! Until then you'll want to have a mixed realm team with your strongest 5 characters who can one shot low difficulty stuff and clear most of events.

Use the orbs to craft 5* abilities to use with characters you have good Soul Breaks for. Honing abilities to 6 uses is usually enough. Awakenings and Chains are the ones to focus on. Ultra are also good. Arcane/Glint are great but only if you have something else for the character as they are finishing/opening moves, they are useless alone. Overstrike/Burst/Super/Unique are all powercreeped and not very useful except a very specific few.

Most teams (especially at the start) need 4* Shellga, 4* Protega, 5* Hastega and Wall. That means 3 characters with white magic, usually your healer has one and knights/black mages commonly have white 4 and have one each too. Wall is double defence/resist and pretty much only from Tyro's Soul Breaks, I think you get a basic version for free early on (Sentinel Grimore)? Events give Anima Lenses, the lv3 ones can be used to buy a Tyro Ultra which gives Wall, Hastega, Protega and Shellga.

If your team doesn't have all 4 of those statuses, you are going to die very quickly as it's double speed and x4 defence/resistance with them all.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The fact you'd tag me and only me instead of just asking THE THREAD proves beyond any doubt that you're just an obsessed little twat.

ugh.jpg

That you would think for a millisecond I'd help you in any capacity with ANYTHING after dealing with your record number of shit-tier quality posts in my thread also proves you are the singularly most retarded poster on this forum.

In conclusion: Fuck you, retard. Go play another game.

Thank you Chris, Pharma, Sinz, Gavin, and Mures and others for being good FFRK bros.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The fact you'd tag me and only me instead of just asking THE THREAD proves beyond any doubt that you're just an obsessed little twat.

View attachment 249109

That you would think for a millisecond I'd help you in any capacity with ANYTHING after dealing with your record number of shit-tier quality posts in my thread also proves you are the singularly most retarded poster on this forum.

In conclusion: Fuck you, retard. Go play another game.

Thank you Chris, Pharma, Sinz, Gavin, and Mures and others for being good FFRK bros.

I just figured you'd be pretty good at writing the 12000 word post it takes to help someone get started.

Thanks anyway, good to know you don't take the interweb personal.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I forgot to mention, in the "how do I cram 3 white magic buffs and 1 white magic heal into my team" jigsaw, Bards have spells identical to Protega and Shellga.

So you want to use 1 healer (5* White Magic) and 2 with buffs (4* White Magic or 4* Bard). In each realm. Some are easier than others. Final Fantasy 10 is pretty limited on White Magic users for example but Rikku is a Bard. Paladins and Sages always have White 4.

You'll get Soul Breaks that give multiples of haste, shell and protect that take the pressure off and enable more flexibility on team building. There's two Record Materia (each character earns 3 randomly as they battle), that give Soul Break gauge at the start of battle so you can use it immediatly, so use Cloud and Tyro to get those.

Again Tyro has a Soul Break you can buy that casts all the buffs.

The other thing you want is what we call "Boostga" which is a party wide large attack or magic buff. These commonly come with Hastega, Onion Knight has attack and magic versions of these you can buy in the Anima Lens shop which used to be top teir. Many of the Chain Soul Breaks have these boosts now with an extra element boost, so they are best now.

Finally you want a heal Soul Break for your healers in each realm. Their Souls Breaks need to heal the whole party and the best ones have "Last Stand" which prevents one death for each character.

If you are missing anything you can mix and match characters from each realm, but endgame you want full realm teams as you get bonuses for doing this.

• 1Blown

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've decided that 6* Magicite is AIDS.

I've got a team for each boss minus one key piece. Did some serious attempts on Titan and got through the 3 Earth Walls with Cloud's Awakening and Bartz Arcane Overstrike unused. Cloud couldn't break the damage cap through Phase 3 buffs and Bartz couldn't get enough SB Bars.

Used:
Cloud USB2 > USB1 > AOSB > AASB
Bartz BSB > AASB > BSB > (AOSB)
Zack CSB > BSB > CSB > BSB
Tyro USB3 (Godwall) > USB1 (Astra) > Entrust Cloud > Entrust Ellara
Ellara USB > BSB > USB

Someone cleared it this way but had Cloud's Sword Damage RM. Feel like I just need to wait for an Earth Sync. It's the rebuffing after the en-element wipe that's the shitty bit, Sync avoids that by giving 3 stacks.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've decided that 6* Magicite is AIDS.
Nailed it

I've done 1 Leviathan kill because of OP Lightning Sync, then I did 4 Ramuh kills because it's braindead easy (and stupidly tedious) with the radiant method. Other than that, I've not bothered.

I spent an hour trying Titan a while back, but basically, as you say, having all your en-element stripped away is absolute fucking cancer if you don't have a sync to instantly go to 3 stacks. They can piss right off with those fights until they're heavily creeped, or we get the change from JP that nerfs them.

For those that don't know, in JP they changed 6* magicites to not be virtually immune to units without en-element anymore. It's still way better to have en-element, but at least non-infused units can actually hurt them after the change.