Final Fantasy VII Remake

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I've just replayed the original and beat it in 20 hours, wasn't even trying to be quick either and backtracked for enemy skills.

You said something completely different 16 pages ago when I was ripping the shit out of what was coming. Oh my how the tone has changed.

So is this you trying to justify main game play time now that you were dead wrong?

Chris

Potato del Grande
You said something completely different 16 pages ago when I was ripping the Khorum out of what was coming. Oh my how the tone has changed.

So is this you trying to justify main game play time now that you were dead wrong?
Whoa slow down. I'm just telling you how long my replay of the original was for comparison, I didn't say anything about the length of the remake.

I probably wouldn't be happy if the remake was only 20 hours, people are posting screenshots of finishing it in 48 hours though and there's reports of 30-40 hours from most.

That there's so few spoilers out there tells me that not many have finished it.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Whoa slow down. I'm just telling you how long my replay of the original was for comparison, I didn't say anything about the length of the remake.

I probably wouldn't be happy if the remake was only 20 hours, people are posting screenshots of finishing it in 48 hours though and there's reports of 30-40 hours from most.

That there's so few spoilers out there tells me that not many have finished it.

13 hours main content and 27 hours of delivering bear feet and killing rats and being forced to do so to access the next section of the main story line - you may have missed that part that’s being reported now. MAIN story. 13 hours max. The rest? Forced filler you have to do. So yeah, no doubt that arbitrary 40 hours is coming in.

you aren’t this dumb. I know you aren’t.

Chris

Potato del Grande
13 hours main content and 27 hours of delivering bear feet and killing rats and being forced to do so to access the next section of the main story line - you may have missed that part that’s being reported now. MAIN story. 13 hours max. The rest? Forced filler you have to do. So yeah, no doubt that arbitrary 40 hours is coming in.

you aren’t this dumb. I know you aren’t.
I'm dumb because I don't immediatly believe random worst case scenario internet rumours?

Yeah there's a chance it's like that, what do you expect from me though? I don't know one way or the other, I'm just repeating stuff I'm heard just like you are.

I'll report back in detail when I start playing it tomorrow. I'm no fanboy, I've only ever asked for verification. I didn't buy FF13-2, FF13-3 or FF15 because of how shit FF13 was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm dumb because I don't immediatly believe random worst case scenario internet rumours?

Yeah there's a chance it's like that, what do you expect from me though? I don't know one way or the other, I'm just repeating stuff I'm heard just like you are.

I'll report back in detail when I start playing it tomorrow. I'm no fanboy, I've only ever asked for verification. I didn't buy FF13-2, FF13-3 or FF15 because of how Khorum FF13 was.

Verification is coming directly from those playing the damn game, RIGHT NOW.

Get ready to get padded with the mercenary system also.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean 20 feels too short
I started to use x3 speed on trash battles and travel towards the end, there's a chance that the in-game timer doesn't speed up with it.

I could have been way faster though, I did Wutai, Shinra Mansion, Gelnika and North Crater backtracking.

Game is pretty fast and easy when you Cover/Backrow/Sadness/Mighty Guard away the damage and destroy everything with everyone casting Magic Breath.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Verification is coming directly from those playing the damn game, RIGHT NOW.

Get ready to get padded with the mercenary system also.
So post links to it so we can see. I'm just getting scraps from reddit and resetera lol.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sure thing: Top of page 88 and back at 87.

Sewer rats, huh. So much content. A fully fleshed out Midgar. Each episode is a full game's worth of content.

If by fleshed out you mean 'deliver water filter to weapon store guy to find out hes an asshole' then yeah, its fleshed out.

Oh no, this game is already divisive and only a handful of aussies have played for a handful of hours!

These sidequests feel like a thing that I'll hate.

Has anyone said roughly how long the critical path takes to complete? I know people were floating 40 hours for the whole game but I mean without the bullshit busywork.

...a lot of the busy work (so far) is mandatory.

I saw the sidequests on a stream and thought the same thing, that I'd hate playing them. It reminded me of Crisis Core's missions except not optional.

This last one made me lol

I promise I'll never ever make a game with sewer rats.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Get ready for the shit show boys!

Hahafffans.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Square asking their fans not to spoil it for others equates to a hard, "Please keep silent at how underwhelming this is as it it'll hurt sales".

I don't want to see anyone lose this jobs especially with the rest of the stuff that's going on but Square really needs to stop trying to blatantly milk their dwindling number of loyal customers. It's predictable and beyond a joke.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Square asking their fans not to spoil it for others equates to a hard, "Please keep silent at how underwhelming this is as it it'll hurt sales".

I don't want to see anyone lose this jobs especially with the rest of the stuff that's going on but Square really needs to stop trying to blatantly milk their dwindling number of loyal customers. It's predictable and beyond a joke.

Exactly. I agree on all counts but don't worry, I am sure those people working on the game are now copy pasting over collection quests to start the mandatory padding of episode 2. Their jobs are safe for now.

All hard keester posting aside, I actually am sorry for those fans that had high hopes for the game. Nothing against those fans or it's players. This is all complete shots on SE and their complete ineptitude and baiting others on nostalgia to trap them into their bullshit unethical business practices. For those looking forward to it, I do hope you find some sense of fun in it. Especially since you are all trapped in your homes during these trying times.

Ok with that said...

Anyone who pays full price for this, SE is literally laughing at you right now.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I think anything under 50 hours of interesting content is insulting. 75 really should be the bare minimum for a game.

How many hours did the interested players play TW:3? I have 138 hours on record, and I didn't play any of the DLCs.

These episodic sales are bs. Good job remaking a AAA+ game into a C- cashgrab with pretty visuals and shitty combat.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I started to use x3 speed on trash battles and travel towards the end, there's a chance that the in-game timer doesn't speed up with it.

I could have been way faster though, I did Wutai, Shinra Mansion, Gelnika and North Crater backtracking.

Game is pretty fast and easy when you Cover/Backrow/Sadness/Mighty Guard away the damage and destroy everything with everyone casting Magic Breath.

If you play the game at 3x the speed it takes much less time.

Indeed.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think anything under 50 hours of interesting content is insulting. 75 really should be the bare minimum for a game.

How many hours did the interested players play TW:3? I have 138 hours on record, and I didn't play any of the DLCs.

These episodic sales are bs.

Yeah just finished the main story up at 60 hours and felt like I rushed through it. Still have Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine to go :)