Final Fantasy VII Remake

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Just read the spoilers... Square Enix is fucking retarded. Can read the spoilers in the comments here.

I read that thread and watched the final trailer. I don't see what they are talking about.

That bit at the end could be anything. Am I missing something? If they are right, then I want the guy who wrote this to pick out my lotto numbers:

Tylord87 4 years ago#1

Does anyone think that SE might pull a reboot similar to the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot, where something such as time travel will alter the past and change certain events in the game (allowing for more "creative" options)

If they are right, though, that's some serious fucking false advertisement.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If they are right, though, that's some serious fucking false advertisement.

Like they give a shit? Course they don't. People need to start realizing the slime buckets SE really is. They are about ready to put Bethesda to shame.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't even doubt the game is tolerable. Maybe even cool and hits those nostalgia notes something fierce.

Nonetheless I will under no circumstances pay $60 a slice for a 25 year old fucking game. If I feel like playing it I can just play the original in all its glory and completeness again.

Square can call me when the ENTIRE remake is packaged TOGETHER at $60 and I'll buy it at that price.
ya'll should gotten it from amazon for 40bucks when i posted it like a year ago

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
ya'll should gotten it from amazon for 40bucks when i posted it like a year ago

That's a fantastic deal that way I only have to pay $160 to see the full game with 75% padded bullshit rather than $239.96. WHAT A FUCKING BARGAIN.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well at least his review will be from someone who actually played the game

I don't need to play the game or any game for that matter to know SE is full of shit and ass raping everyone with a new business model. That's called having an IQ over 4.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I read that thread and watched the final trailer. I don't see what they are talking about.

Did you read all the comments and watch the videos they link to of late scenes from the game?

The game is a sequel not a remake. Sephiroth travels back in time to try to change what happened. Story is a lot different from F7. One of the comments has a link to a video of Sephiroth killing Barret ect.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Did you read all the comments and watch the videos they link to of late scenes from the game?

The game is a sequel not a remake. Sephiroth travels back in time to try to change what happened. Story is a lot different from F7. One of the comments has a link to a video of Sephiroth killing Barret ect.

I looked several times, didn't see any links.

You can see Sephiroth stabbing Barret in the trailer, but it's like a 1 second bit and doesn't show him die. It's stupid as fuck anyway, Sephiroth is dead, how the fuck does a dead guy time travel? Does another remnant drink a drop of Jenova Juice so Seph can posses him?

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I looked several times, didn't see any links.

Barret gets killed but they rewind time and bring him back. The story is some insane Kingdom Hearts level of bullshit. Lots of time travel. This is not the remake fans were asking for.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol this keeps getting better and better. Well, Hey Ritley Ritley if they change the name to Final Hearts 7 - Kingdom Fresh" you will be all set and you will win the debate here in the thread. And then they can develop all the sequels they want and call them "New Episodes".

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Barret gets killed but they rewind time and bring him back. The story is some insane Kingdom Hearts level of bullshit. Lots of time travel. This is not the remake fans were asking for.

I see that Barret gets stabbed, maybe dies, and then wakes up and is fine/alive. Could easily just be some added story bit for a lame fake-out. I still don't see any evidence of time travel or time "rewinding." Not defending it, I think this remake is a shitshow, just still haven't seen any evidence of time travel.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also some of those vids are muted with no subtitles. Could just be a massive troll.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am going to unspoiler one part that isn't a spoiler.

"I think this remake is a shitshow"

Yes. You are correct good man.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I am going to unspoiler one part that isn't a spoiler.

"I think this remake is a shitshow"

Yes. You are correct good man.

Lol, I've had that opinion since I learned they were changing the combat years ago. Everything I've learned since has just added to it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spoiler free review, in spoiler tags just in case you don't want to see an outline of the game.

Chapter 1: Sector 1/Reactor 1
Just like the demo, very faithful remake of that mission. 5/5.

Chapter 2: Sector 8
Mostly new stuff including some mindblowing spoiler stuff. 5/5.

Chapter 3: Sector 7 Slums
Bullshit unessesary filler designed to make you care about the slum people, the slums look incredible with the plate above. Way too much talking but you can play around with materia and equipment. There's about 4 sidequests and two new areas with monsters, you'll hate it but it's not too long and most of it can be skipped. 2/5.

Chapter 4: Sector 7
New mission designed to make you care about Biggs/Wedge/Jessie, this is the motorbike/parachute/3rd class SOLDIER from the trailer. 3/5.

Chapter 5: Train Tunnels
Massively extended but faithful to the original, first time you have 3 party members and lots of combat. There's a new mech boss thats great. 5/5.

Chapter 6: Plate Infrastructure
Moderately extended, there's a bunch of tasks to turn off lights and move around lifts to get around and get 3 hidden materia. I'm not done here yet, it's 3/5 but I'll increase that to 4/5 there's a boss or 5/5 if the Reactor/Air Buster is also in this chapter.

That's 4/5 overall for the first 5 chapters. 7.5 Hours in so far. I'm about lv15 and lv50 is the level cap, characters only have 2 weapons. I'm expecting the chapters to get longer and sidequests in Sector 5 Slums and Wall Market.

One slight disappointment is that there's some new music that's just OK when old themes could be used, or old themes in new places like World Map/Clouds Theme in Sector 7 Slums. There's also a bunch of sound effects from the original missing for things like opening chests and pressing buttons that would have been good to include/redo. Some of the remixes are great though.

Combat I'm enjoying and it's a challenge at times, I've not cracked changing characters efficiently to get enough ATB bar for heals or dodging/blocking. There's more materia than you can reasonably equip and every weapon is viable because of upgrades, so you have a good number of choices. I'm finding offensive magic on Cloud to be fairly powerful if you hit weakness.

Spoilers:
In Chapter 2 Cloud has PTSD visions of Sephrioth and Nibelheim, you follow him Reunion style and it's pretty cool. Start of Chapter 3 you see Sephrioth Clone #39 (original had ~12) and have a vision of it in the future at North Crater Whirlwind Maze. The trailer shows visions of meteorfall and the final battle. Sephrioth may know that it's a remake somehow.

In Chapter 2 the ghost things attack Aeris and in Chapter 4 they attack Sector 7 Slums. They seem to show up when events divert from the original game. For example Jessie/Wedge do not go on the Reactor 5 Bombing.

This is a huge risk but I'll see where they go with it, I've played FF7 so some sort of weird sequel doesn't bother me too much.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So now out of 7.5 hours played how much of that through the 6 chapters were side quests you were mandated to do. 4 hours?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So now out of 7.5 hours played how much of that through the 6 chapters were side quests you were mandated to do. 4 hours?
The actual side quests in Sector 7 Slums would be an hour max, you don't need to do all of them.

The new mission on the Sector 7 Plate is probably an hour and a half.

So 1/7.5 for regular people, 2.5/7.5 if you are so autistic you can't accept anything new.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The actual side quests in Sector 7 Slums would be an hour max, you don't need to do all of them.

The new mission on the Sector 7 Plate is probably an hour and a half.

So 1/7.5 for regular people, 2.5/7.5 if you are so autistic you can't accept anything new.

So in estimation about 6 hours of main story content and questing in 6 chapters? Which mean (And this could change) about an hour per chapter of main story per and the rest side questing? Which would mean around 18 hours of Main content from start to finish unless they throw an FF15 Chapter 13 scenario out there.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol this keeps getting better and better. Well, Hey Ritley Ritley if they change the name to Final Hearts 7 - Kingdom Fresh" you will be all set and you will win the debate here in the thread. And then they can develop all the sequels they want and call them "New Episodes".

What debate? You are the only one debating anything.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
So in estimation about 6 hours of main story content and questing in 6 chapters? Which mean (And this could change) about an hour per chapter of main story per and the rest side questing? Which would mean around 18 hours of Main content from start to finish unless they throw an FF15 Chapter 13 scenario out there.
I'm just before the 2nd boss of the original (4th of the remake) which and there were 8 bosses in Midgar in the original?

So 4 hours per original boss, which is 36 hours.

It's all speculation really until we actually finish it.