Final Fantasy VII Remake

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Game looks incredible, especially if you look up from the slums or down from the plate.

Gamespot. 9/10 as long as there is a tranny in there.

Digital Foundary: 4K upscaling of 720p textures are hilarious. Add shaded HDR to white spots only and forget the rest of the color pattern, and you have more padding to HDR than you added to the side quests to make a business model viable”

Utnayan: “You’re a dumbshit if you paid for this over a pizza and two slices of carrot cake”.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gamespot. 9/10 as long as there is a tranny in there.

Digital Foundary: 4K upscaling of 720p textures are hilarious. Add shaded HDR to white spots only and forget the rest of the color pattern, and you have more padding to HDR than you added to the side quests to make a business model viable”

Utnayan: “You’re a dumbshit if you paid for this over a pizza and two slices of carrot cake”.

I would have bought this game for $20. Assuming it is one of three.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Updated chapter by chapter review:

Chapter 1: Sector 1/Reactor 1
Just like the demo, very faithful remake of that mission. 5/5.

Chapter 2: Sector 8
Mostly new stuff including some mindblowing spoiler stuff. 5/5.

Chapter 3: Sector 7 Slums
Bullshit unessesary filler designed to make you care about the slum people, the slums look incredible with the plate above. Way too much talking but you can play around with materia and equipment. There's 6 sidequests and two new areas with monsters, you'll hate it but it's not too long and most of it can be skipped. 2/5.

Chapter 4: Sector 7
New mission designed to make you care about Biggs/Wedge/Jessie, this is the motorbike/parachute/3rd class SOLDIER from the trailer. 3/5.

Chapter 5: Corkscrew Train Tunnels
Massively extended but faithful to the original, first time you have 3 party members and lots of combat. There's a new mech boss thats great. 5/5.

Chapter 6: Sector 4 Plate Infrastructure
Moderately extended, there's a bunch of tasks to turn off lights and move around lifts to get around and get 3 hidden materia.
3/5

Chapter 7: Reactor 5
Added sidequest where you remove modules from Air Buster to weaken it while killing Shinra Personnel. Button pressing minigame is in. The Air Buster Fight is really long and epic.
4/5

Chapter 8: Sector 5 Church
Faithful to the original except you fight Reno which is really fun. Obviously it's not like 2-3 screens anymore with random battles every 5 seconds so there's a longer path to travel. Music very similar to original.
5/5

Chapter 9: Sector 5 Slums
Second sidequest area, this shit is cringe about an orphanage. Mostly backtracking the previous chapter and one small new area. 6 more boring sidequests but you can skip most of them. NPC who swaps battle reports for materia lets you fight Shiva in VR which is amazing, you also fight Rude at the end of the chapter which is pretty good (Reno fight is better). Those two fights saved the chapter.
2/5

Chapter 10: Sector 6 Ruined Highway
Faithful to the original. Added a crane mini game to proceed and get bonus materia which is meh. Bandits have some personality this time. I just wanted a boss here, apparently Hell House is in a battle area later on but it should have been here.
3/5
3.7/5 so far. I'm on something like 14-15 hours haven't checked properly. About lv20.

So now I'm just starting Chapter 11 which is Wall Market. Let the cross dressing begin!

Chapter 3 and 9 are filler sidequests, I expect one more filler area probably Wall Market after the plate falls. Chapter 4 is a new Avalanche Mission so I wouldn't really call it filler. The rest is the same as the original except some storyline stuff in Chapter 2.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
From Fedor Fedor

God damn they really amped up the flaming. Watch the whole thing to see Cloud get the non-binary label and see Aeris cream her panties.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So Aerith is a lesbian now? She got a full-on boner when she saw Female Cloud. Is this Trek 2009 style reimagining heading towards a finale where CLOUD is dead and Tifa has sex with Aerith instead?

That scene was a whopper. 2020 now has its version of the FF6 Opera.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So Aerith is a lesbian now? She got a full-on boner when she saw Female Cloud. Is this Trek 2009 style reimagining heading towards a finale where CLOUD is dead and Tifa has sex with Aerith instead?

That scene was a whopper. 2020 now has its version of the FF6 Opera.
Fucking 2020 putting a weird cross dressing identity politics sidequest and seedy sex district into Final Fantasy 7! It's just filler and changing the storyline, I bet the textures are terrible too :D

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The watchers of the fate is utnayan. And I’ll tell you this much. You fuckers buy this and perpetuate it. You think corona is bad. This business ethic will destroy everything you have loved about content and gaming. Period.

still hoping otherwise for this

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably pick this up, but not until 1) it's on sale and 2) I know the time I invest in my characters will carry over to the rest of the chapters.

This thread though, single-handedly got me to download ePSXe and some ISOs (Lunar, etc) and I'm playing through those now, so thank you for giving me something to do while stuck at home! Though the older ones are sure full of RPG tropes, it makes me realize just how BAD the writing and story is in modern FF games =\

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Part 3 of my chapter by chapter review, I keep forgetting what my playtime is but it's nearly 20 Hours:

Chapter 11: Wall Market
They went all in here. Prostitutes everywhere, sexual innueneo everywhere. Collesium is fun (Hell House boss is nuts), squats minigame is fun, there's a new dance minigame(think Shinra Parade in original) and Don Corneo is even more rapey. They did make it a linear story rather than you gathering the cross dressing parts yourself and they changed the music which really annoyed me, Honey Bee Inn and Don Corneo's place have same music though.
5/5

Chapter 12: Sector 6/7 Sewers
Nicely extended and Apps boss is really cool. Not much to say here, plenty of battles and a few hidden items to find.
4/5

Chapter 13: Sector 7 Train Graveyard
Holy shit, this is GOOD. A common pattern in this game is that the goofy enemies are now bosses. So the "Eligor" enemy that was some sort of haunted spectral chariot is now a tough boss. There also another boss that's basically Psycho Mantis, very visually impressive.
6/5

Chapter 14: Destruction of Sector 7
Just like the original but lots more drama given that it's realistic graphics. Watchers of Fate stop you from saving Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. They all die. Added scene with Aeris getting Marlene and running through the panic striken slums with helicopters crashing into it. Helicopter blade sword troops are in and pretty tough. You shoot down Rude's helicopter and fight him too, great boss battle.
5/5

4.1/5 overall. These 4 chapters really raised the average score. I expect sidequests next to lower the score, but then it's Shinra Building and I'm anticipating great things.

Also there's some misinformation going around, you don't save Biggs, Wedge and Jessie. People have seen out of context clips that led them to belive that Wedge lives, but he does die. Similar to the Barret trailer clip when obviously Barret doesn't die, Red XIII calls him a 300 pound sack of shit on the motorbike chase trailer clip lol, which happens after.

I'm starting to get the hang of the combat and feel like you want to have the four main elements available across your party at all times (Fire/Ice/Lightning/Wind). Then you control whichever character has the weakness element you need.

So one character is focused on Physical/Element 1, next character is focused on Element 2 and 3, last character is focused on Element 4 and Healing. If you only have two characters then have Physical/Element 1/Element 2 and Element 3/Element 4/Healing. Wind is least common if you can't fit it in.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Which is why I said...

So in estimation about 6 hours of main story content and questing in 6 chapters? Which mean (And this could change)about an hour per chapter of main story per and the rest side questing? Then went on the mention ff15’s regarded chapter 13 which padded that game too to the point they had so many complaints they patched the fucker.

But. Six chapters in you have an hour per chapter. Filled with fluffed out bullshit. Just like I also said. Seeing the story go off the rails is just flat out hilarious all together.

Utnayan can you give it a fucking rest please? Nobody that makes over minimum wage gives a flying fuck if this game is 20 hours or 40 hours.

There's quite possibly other egregious shit going on here that deserves attention, and your autistic focus on the playtime/value proposition is distracting, annoying, and unnecessary.

• 2Like
  • 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Utnayan can you give it a fucking rest please? Nobody that makes over minimum wage gives a flying fuck if this game is 20 hours or 40 hours.

There's quite possibly other egregious shit going on here that deserves attention, and your autistic focus on the playtime/value proposition is distracting, annoying, and unnecessary.

You are correct. This entire thing is a shit show and it should not just be that that is discussed!

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
drunk now. But I’ll tell ya what. I hope you love this game and have a lot of fun with it man. No matter how pissed I get at the ethics. But know we can both agree to say fuck your SE. If I was leading this, I would have thought of people like you. And I would have said 1) This segment of our IP means a lot. 2) don’t let those people down. 3. I better fucking deliver an epic experience. And I guarantee you I would not have pawned it off to some bullshit 3rd party ass contractor. We can agree to that much at least.

I have a high expectation that I will probably love it, as long as I find the combat fun. It looked fun from what I saw of people streaming the demo, with a chance to have some actual depth. It's not like the original 7's combat was hard, but I really loved all the shit you could do with materia, from all the crazy combo stuff to even relatively simple combos that streamlined most fights.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
You are correct. This entire thing is a shit show and it should not just be that that is discussed!
You haven't played the game, yet you are really going for this shit show narrative based on second hand information.

I'm breaking down for you guys the situation chapter by chapter and all I can say negative is that I don't like the small number of optional side quests (6 per town, I've done 12 in two chapters so far, most chapters don't have them) that are to much like FF14 MMO quests. However they are there to force you to backtrack to encounter enemies, replacing random battles and all focus on making you care about the characters you already know die. So I understand why they did it and some people will like it.

There have been zero storyline changes up to and including Sector 7 Destruction so far, just hints that Sephrioth is self aware of the remake and the ghosts stopping you from deviating from the original story that have appeared 4 times so far. I like that addition, I wanna see what they do with it.

Nobody is going to give a shit that some individual textures are low res when the game runs extremely smoothly without loading screens and the characters and vistas you are supposed to be looking at are amazing.

You are talking yourself out of sharing an amazing experience, because to save face you'll never admit to buying it. Just chill out :)

If they fuck it up I'll be the first to come in here and say that, I hated FF13 and therefore never played FF15.

• 9Like
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 9 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I was really hoping that I could use my old game guide. And that everything would still be the same but beautiful. Like minster stats and item locations and treasure chest spots. So I finally played the demo.

Dissapointed classic mode isn't just dq11 combat like the old ff7. (Peraonally I just dislike hack n slash games. The combat just feels empty and mindles to me) Also the lack of fun victory animations, combat music, and a few of those sound effects that's always would stick in my head. Like chests popping open. Like that stone door in neriak. Unforgettable.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was really hoping that I could use my old game guide. And that everything would still be the same but beautiful. Like minster stats and item locations and treasure chest spots. So I finally played the demo.

Dissapointed classic mode isn't just dq11 combat like the old ff7. (Peraonally I just dislike hack n slash games. The combat just feels empty and mindles to me) Also the lack of fun victory animations, combat music, and a few of those sound effects that's always would stick in my head. Like chests popping open. Like that stone door in neriak. Unforgettable.
That's basically what the Trials of Mana remake is.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Oh come on you couldn't have truly.hoped that

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

You haven't played the game, yet you are really going for this shit show narrative based on second hand information.

I'm breaking down for you guys the situation chapter by chapter and all I can say negative is that I don't like the small number of optional side quests (6 per town, I've done 12 in two chapters so far, most chapters don't have them) that are to much like FF14 MMO quests. However they are there to force you to backtrack to encounter enemies, replacing random battles and all focus on making you care about the characters you already know die. So I understand why they did it and some people will like it.

There have been zero storyline changes up to and including Sector 7 Destruction so far, just hints that Sephrioth is self aware of the remake and the ghosts stopping you from deviating from the original story that have appeared 4 times so far. I like that addition, I wanna see what they do with it.

Nobody is going to give a shit that some individual textures are low res when the game runs extremely smoothly without loading screens and the characters and vistas you are supposed to be looking at are amazing.

You are talking yourself out of sharing an amazing experience, because to save face you'll never admit to buying it. Just chill out :)

If they fuck it up I'll be the first to come in here and say that, I hated FF13 and therefore never played FF15.

Why are you even able to "try" and deviate... that's stupid

• 1Like