Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just before the 2nd boss of the original (4th of the remake) which and there were 8 bosses in Midgar in the original?

So 4 hours per original boss, which is 36 hours.

It's all speculation really until we actually finish it.

Speculating that every chapter is going to be the same length of main story seems a reach. I'm sure some of the later ones will get more heavy into it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Speculating that every chapter is going to be the same length of main story seems a reach. I'm sure some of the later ones will get more heavy into it.
Yeah. I'm expecting Sector 5 and Wall Market to be side quest heavy at least.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahahaha omg, I can't believe they did this. Those spoilers on Reddit and the video proof to go with it kinda solidify the rumors.

This is gonna piss so many people off.

Post-Barret "stab" scene from the trailer if you want to know more:

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lmao just when I thought this couldn’t get more stupid. Those story changes are TERRIBLE.

Get fucked Square.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why in the fuck are you people spoilering that?

I personally don’t give a shit about spoilers but I could see some would. This ended up not being a remake, it’s a new story or weird sequel or something, based on the spoilers I’ve read.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Which is why I said...

So in estimation about 6 hours of main story content and questing in 6 chapters? Which mean (And this could change)about an hour per chapter of main story per and the rest side questing? Then went on the mention ff15’s regarded chapter 13 which padded that game too to the point they had so many complaints they patched the fucker.

But. Six chapters in you have an hour per chapter. Filled with fluffed out bullshit. Just like I also said. Seeing the story go off the rails is just flat out hilarious all together.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which is why I said...

So in estimation about 6 hours of main story content and questing in 6 chapters? Which mean (And this could change)about an hour per chapter of main story per and the rest side questing? Then went on the mention ff15’s regarded chapter 13 which padded that game too to the point they had so many complaints they patched the fucker.

But. Six chapters in you have an hour per chapter. Filled with fluffed out bullshit. Just like I also said. Seeing the story go off the rails is just flat out hilarious all together.

Early chapters I wouldn't expect as much as the later ones, obviously. Also everyone's opinion of "fluffed out" will vary, I'm sure. Some will not care what it is and think it's all amazing, other want it all to be terrible and call it filler regardless. I'm just trying not to read any actual spoilers on changes.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I woke up yesterday with with a low grade fever and really minor symptoms. Doctor at work out me off for 7 days, even though I generally feel just fine. Really wish they’d just unlock the digital copies early.

Don't worry, we're all about to get a lot more time off. Before I was trying to figure out how I'd have time to fit Doom, FF7, RE3, and Trials of Mana into a single month...now I'm seeing how many other games I can fit into it.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Early chapters I wouldn't expect as much as the later ones, obviously. Also everyone's opinion of "fluffed out" will vary, I'm sure. Some will not care what it is and think it's all amazing, other want it all to be terrible and call it filler regardless. I'm just trying not to read any actual spoilers on changes.

drunk now. But I’ll tell ya what. I hope you love this game and have a lot of fun with it man. No matter how pissed I get at the ethics. But know we can both agree to say fuck your SE. If I was leading this, I would have thought of people like you. And I would have said 1) This segment of our IP means a lot. 2) don’t let those people down. 3. I better fucking deliver an epic experience. And I guarantee you I would not have pawned it off to some bullshit 3rd party ass contractor. We can agree to that much at least.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1585988491751.png
1585988335769.png
1585988253304.png
1585987592411.png
1585987309588.png
1585965315281.jpg
1585965249855.jpg
1585965184497.jpg
1585955661281.jpg
1585959579913.png

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
/shrug

Every game has moments where the graphics aren't perfect. A lot of us just want to spend time in this world again (specifically Midgar) and more time spent having to find someone's cats isn't a big deal. I always wished the original FF7 would have spent a lot more time in Midgar and now we finally get to do that.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Like, theres tons of parts in JRPGs where you just mill around the town and the people talk about weird, random stuff, make small talk or get into long convos that aren't tied to the progression of the main quest at all. This kind of just expands upon that, which would be fine as many other things are expanded upon. Some people want it, I'm not super crazy about the idea given it is probably just to create filler to stretch out the saga for more purchases being required to play it all out. Again, it appears there's a huge investment in creating it (we begged for this for a looong time and I'm surprised they actually did it!) so I am willing to give that a pass too. BUT! I'm gonna be hyper trigger to modern political agendas being injected to it. Feminism has already tainted some of it to be sure.

I know people think I'm nuts for there being some list of "things your typical 'A list non cucked nerd' male connoisseur" holds dear to them, and then them trying to water down and destroy it.... this one definitely has a huge bullseye on it and I know they wont spare it from their crusade to replace these things we cared about. The goal being to thusly remove us from any feeling of having "our things". There is a huge goal of conditioning being tied to this shit, or reverse conditioning as it would be to remove these things by replacing them.

This is sacred. Don't do it! We're watching you.

1585997764317.png

YES WE MEAN YALL.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
So they made up a completely different story? huh?!
No. It's the same story as the original Midgar.

However The Watchers of Fate show up when you deviate from the original and force you redo the originals events.

For example I've just done the Sector 5 Church, it's the same as the original but this time you fight Reno rather than walking away. The Watchers of Fate then force you to run after the battle and leave through the roof instead of taking the front door by killing Reno.

The rest of Sector 5 Slums up to Aerith's house plays out the same, it's pretty good actually, looks just like the original and the music is very similar too.

The Watchers don't show up very often so it's just an interesting plot thread for people who played the original. There's just speculation that you overcome them by the end of the game so the next parts may be different.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The watchers of the fate is utnayan. And I’ll tell you this much. You fuckers buy this and perpetuate it. You think corona is bad. This business ethic will destroy everything you have loved about content and gaming. Period.

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You obviously haven't heard the story of the FF14 plantpot that lagged out the entire city of Gridania because it was the highest possible resolution a plantpot could be. Looks like they learned that lesson.

Game looks incredible, especially if you look up from the slums or down from the plate.