Final Fantasy VII Remake

spronk

FPS noob
yeah but its not like the scalpers keep them, end of the day its still ~20M end users have PS5s right now but its still a drop in the bucket to the ~120M PS4s. The other factor is that PS4 owners may not be as willing to drop $60+ on a new game but wait for $20 sales while PS5 owners are far more likely to drop the money. Like 70% of HZD2 sales were for the PS5 version, which is sorta incredible since the PS4 version gave a free upgrade to the PS5 version and is $10 cheaper. That fact is hidden on the PSN store though.

So not only are PS5 owners more free with their money, they are also stupid.

Target and Amazon are still due for PS5 drops, target isnt haappening today probably so early next week. amazon is whenever, wherever

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking forward to when there are enough PS5s in the wild for games to be current gen exclusive. Getting dual releases on PS4 is holding games back visually, and it'll hold back FF7R Pt 2.

Elden Ring is a great game with tremendous art design that makes it look gorgeous no matter what, but still the visuals pale compared to Demon's Souls Remake. The difference? One (DSR) is a PS5 native game, the other was developed for PS4 gen first.

Same thing happened back in the day with PS3 and PS4. For the first couple years of PS4, most of the games were dual-release, and the increase of visual power wasn't exactly huge. It wasn't until stuff like Witcher 3 and Bloodborne a year and a half later where PS4 games really started to look like something entirely new rather than just 1080p versions of PS3 games.

Speaking of 1080p...the PS3 was capable of it, but it was SO RARE to see PS3 games do it for whatever reason. Metro: Last Light was 1080p on PS3 and looked so much better than everything else I played in 2012 or so.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember being blown away by Resistance Fall of Man when I got PS3 day 1.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I remember being blown away by Resistance Fall of Man when I got PS3 day 1.

A lot of those early PS3 games looked REALLY good. There were even a bunch of 1080p games IIRC. I thought that'd be the standard, but more and more games were mere 720p as time went on. Then when PS4 was announced I figured it'd be mostly 1440p, but instead it launched with a bunch of 1080p games like that was some sort of big deal. Though I guess PS4 Pro finally broke the 1080p barrier so that's good. If I sound salty about PS3 games barely having any 1080p titles, it's cause I am!

Also, the PS2->PS3 shift didn't have the same cross-gen issues as PS3->PS4 and PS4->PS5. There were very few dual-release games IIRC. PS3 was such a quantum leap forward as the first HD Playstation, widescreen, etc. I got my first widescreen HDTV in 2010, probably kind of late, and the PS3 in late 2008. So for the first couple years I was playing PS3 games on old box TVs and even then I could see how much better they looked than PS2 games.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm looking forward to when there are enough PS5s in the wild for games to be current gen exclusive. Getting dual releases on PS4 is holding games back visually, and it'll hold back FF7R Pt 2.

I would assume Pt 2 will be PS5 only, no?

Malakriss

Yuffie DLC was PS5 with far less consoles available. Zero chance they will walk it backwards to PS4 for a game they won't hit shelves til 2023+

For reference the FF16 trailer only showed a PS5 logo and that is slated to be released first.

Merrith

They already started on 2 and since a lot of ppl still can't just walk in a store and get a PS5 so it will be both at launch if anything.

Yeah this doesn't make sense, the DLC/Intergrade was clearly test run for updating it all to PS5. I'd bet against PS4 release on Part 2, wouldn't make sense. Be going on a decade old console by the time it releases.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Waking up to the boss battle start music would make me think I was going to war, not sure my heart could take that every day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is this better on PS5 or PC? Got a week off from work and looking for something to play.

I'm assuming PS5 but wanted confirmation.