Final Fantasy VII Remake

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I popped in here because I thought maybe all the bumping meant there was FF7 Remake Part 2 news.

Morgan Freeman: "There was not."

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I popped in here because I thought maybe all the bumping meant there was FF7 Remake Part 2 news.

Morgan Freeman: "There was not."

Come on now, we're at the point where any big news would wait until E3 right? Not to mention rumors that 16 is essentially finished they'll let that have the moment first.

Malakriss

25th anniversary for FF7 is next month, with that and all the various events for the summer we HAVE to get some news about 16 / Part 2 / Ever Crisis

spronk

FPS noob
Sony is rumored to have a playstation State of Play type event sometime in June. Microsoft has one June 12th and Sony is releasing its new PS+ tier stuff Jun 13th

This year is also the 35th anniversary of final fantasy so should be more events the whole year

We already know God of War 2 is coming out this holiday season so they have to start the marketing around that, plus they should be closing on the bungie acquisition by now so probably wanna talk about some of that stuff

Fadaar

That guy
Bungie won't have anything for a while I'd have to guess, next Destiny expansion some time next year probably their next real release. I would also assume that all the big boys will have presentations at the usual E3 June timeframe anyway like normal, just no actual E3.

Merrith

Bungie won't have anything for a while I'd have to guess, next Destiny expansion some time next year probably their next real release. I would also assume that all the big boys will have presentations at the usual E3 June timeframe anyway like normal, just no actual E3.

I'm hesitant to think they'll put all their cards on the table, but maybe they will anyways.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sony is rumored to have a playstation State of Play type event sometime in June. Microsoft has one June 12th and Sony is releasing its new PS+ tier stuff Jun 13th

This year is also the 35th anniversary of final fantasy so should be more events the whole year

We already know God of War 2 is coming out this holiday season so they have to start the marketing around that, plus they should be closing on the bungie acquisition by now so probably wanna talk about some of that stuff
Sure, they could talk about that. OR, they could talk about trannies, infant murder, and how all whites are racist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Geoffs Summer game fest starts June 9th - 12th.

Square is a partner for that.

That said, he is reportedly focusing (at least the early showcase) on indie titles except for the major showcases, which Playstation doesn't have since they have their own thing with their state of play. Xbox / Bethesda have their own showcases on the 12th.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I saw there was an update to this thread...I was really hoping it was another sex doll.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I saw there was an update to this thread...I was really hoping it was another sex doll.

Yeah I was hoping for Yuffie and Jessie sex dolls, instead it's just possible Remake Episode 2 news, yawn

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Let's start placing bets on how much ground Remake Pt 2 will cover.

1. Kalm to Junon Boat/Costa Del Sol?
2. Kalm to the end of the Corel scenario?
3. Kalm to Nibelheim?
4. Kalm to Temple of the Ancients?
5. Kalm to Forgotten City and the big death?

My bet is 2. That would be about as much ground to cover as Part 1. Also I really think we're gonna get Gold Saucer as a DLC after the fact, maybe along with a Vincent DLC before Nibelheim since they clearly want to mine Dirge of Cerberus a bit.

Basically everything up to the Dyne fight (with something new after that) is what I'm expecting. Heavy focus on Yuffie in the first half and Barret in the second half, with some chapters devoted to Zack doing stuff on his own. Part 3 will have Vincent and Cid and carry things forward to the end of Disc 1 with Zack on a collision course with the other heroes. I fully believe that the Forgotten City death will be either Cloud or Zack this time. Sephiroth knows the future and killing his previous victim ultimately led to his own demise. I also don't see the series having room for both Zack and Cloud going forward.

Basically, if we get Option 2 it'll meet my expectations, if we get Option 3 it'll surpass them. I don't think 4 or 5 have much of a chance. Option 1 is the heavily-rumored one but I think ending at Costa Del Sol would be way too little progress for people unless the next part is coming out the following year or something.

Rude

Potato del Grande

3. Kalm to Nibelheim?

My bet is 2. That would be about as much ground to cover as Part 1. Also I really think we're gonna get Gold Saucer as a DLC after the fact, maybe along with a Vincent DLC before Nibelheim since they clearly want to mine Dirge of Cerberus a bit.

Basically everything up to the Dyne fight (with something new after that) is what I'm expecting. Heavy focus on Yuffie in the first half and Barret in the second half, with some chapters devoted to Zack doing stuff on his own. Part 3 will have Vincent and Cid and carry things forward to the end of Disc 1 with Zack on a collision course with the other heroes. I fully believe that the Forgotten City death will be either Cloud or Zack this time. Sephiroth knows the future and killing his previous victim ultimately led to his own demise. I also don't see the series having room for both Zack and Cloud going forward.

Basically, if we get Option 2 it'll meet my expectations, if we get Option 3 it'll surpass them. I don't think 4 or 5 have much of a chance. Option 1 is the heavily-rumored one but I think ending at Costa Del Sol would be way too little progress for people unless the next part is coming out the following year or something.
If you pay full retail for option 2 you're a moron.

Fadaar

That guy

3. Kalm to Nibelheim?

Option 2 with a massive Golden Saucer addition at a later date would be my bet. Option 3 would be cool because it'd let you get Vincent for a little while, maybe as a guest character like Red XIII was in part 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you pay full retail for option 2 you're a moron.

I imagine it'll be significantly fleshed-out. Kalm to Corel is about the same amount of hours/areas as Midgar in the original game.

Nibelheim is what they should be aiming for to make the most impact from a storytelling perspective. Start with Kalm flashback about Nibel, end with actual Nibel.