Final Fantasy VII Remake

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So... Amazon just sent me an update on this one. Looks like it won't be completed next year. Who knows when in 2020, if at all.

Aila1yw.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they keep the button mashing combat from XV I won't even bother.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Couldn’t you just hold the key down and go back and forth between kicking the shit out of things, warping away to recoup, rinse, repeat?

I remember doing that with the giant turtle when I was farming spell items for the super dungeon... that I never ended up needing. I really don’t remember any button mashing

• 1Like

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
I'll going to buy the shit out of this, but I'm still salty as fuck that this isn't turn-based.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I still wish they just put in both combat modes and let you turn it on or off kinda how dq11 does it. Also have options to use the original sound track vs the new one.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm going to guess that they are busy modelling facial animations amd hair physics for hours of extra exposition and character development, 90% of which has been scrapped remade several times. While neglecting the actual game of course.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This should have been so awesome and easy to do but they had to go fuck it up and try turning it into something no one asked for and put it into dev hell. Fucking Squeenix I swear.

• 3Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
My guess is they are turning this into a launch title for psv which is why it hasn't been updated etc in forever. Maybe they ditched the episodic bullshit and are releasing the full game.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said they're focusing on KH3 for promotional shit until it's released, then they'll switch to FF7, so no news when KH3 is getting close makes sense. We'll see next year. There's definitely no need to expect a RELEASE in 2019 though, it'll be trailers and shit at best.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cash grabbiest cash grab 2020 (maybe)

They will prob get me

But not buy a console level of get me

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

They will prob get me

This is pretty much how I feel. 12 year old me played the shit out the original. Will 35 year old me do the same? Unlikely. Are the Rose colored glasses enough to get me to try? Probably

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They will prob get me

Square burned their last bit of good will with me on FFXV, now I will only buy their games if people I trust give it a good review. This goes for both KH3 and FF7 remake which I've been looking forward to for like a decade.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That's how I buy almost anything these days

They can't buy out word of mouth from every mouth

Just the "trusted brand" peddlers lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Squeenix says they want to go with a subscription model for their single player games even, in the future.

So fucking dumb.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't mind the Season Pass model for post-release content but if they try to microtransaction a whole store worth of $5/$10 crap that I take issue with. Expecting major release games not to have DLC isn't realistic.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If they sell it as separate games, I'm waiting for the personal reviews after some time has passed after release.