Final Fantasy VII Remake

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one that liked 12?
Nah, I liked 12 as well in its weird single-player MMO sense.

The storyline though is garbage. "Brave hero finds out mystical beings have enslaved humanity, travels the world to collect artifacts to defeat them... until your party, pissed off that he rolled through your town for one of those artifacts, fights him, and as far as they know damning humanity to those mystical beings."

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whether it's the next coming of christ or a complete failure, at least we can get some fucking closure to one of the longest running video game drama's of all time.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed 12, but I feel like it's the pinnacle of ff thinking its higher fantasy than it actually is. A few of the games in the series were clearly high fantasy and it was great. But 12 just came across as inflated ego. Granted, I enjoyed the gambit system, or at least the idea of it. Once you got the hang of it, you could literally put the controller down and get a drink and come back to a win screen.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
FF12 is golden if you never use Vaan. There should be a modded version that just deletes him and panelo.

Aww...nevermind.. i secretly love that game as it is....

The issue with it is that it has 4 classic hero arcs layered on top of each other and it harms the narrative.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
FF IX sucked. Don't bother posting a fucking mohalo let's play again, it's not going to change the jumbled garbage that was that game's final chapter.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FF IX sucked. Don't bother posting a fucking mohalo let's play again, it's not going to change the jumbled garbage that was that game's final chapter.
Agreed. 8 was the worst of the PS era, but 9 wasn't much better. 10 was actually alright. It's the weirdest thing, I know I played 12 but I can't remember a single thing about it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
After a night of reflection, I've gone intensely negative on this. Can't wait to hear the fanbois implode when they hear clouds faggot animu voice for the first time or their remembered lovely turn based rpg is some stupid looking 3d shit where you run around and hit action buttons and cant lose if you mash x hard enough. I can't wait to hear people rage when the beautiful hand drawn backgrounds are replaced by some generic anime 3d art.

There's a reason FF has sucked lately, and I fully expect those reasons to infiltrate and destroy everything that made #7 the best.
I really hope this isn't the case, but it's really hard to disagree. Square is one of the worst game developers still in business

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
9 had a lot more in common with 6 and previous than anything else, and while the absolute end of the game was kind of "wat" (Looking at you, Necron) it was pretty much exactly what everyone complains about is lacking from X and later games. Overworld maps, characters are unique, actual equipment slots, non-hallway gameplay, full control over your characters and a heavy final fantasy feel.

The problem it had was the more childish looking characters (primarily Steiner and Zidane with his tail) and the story goes off the rails completely at the end. Aside from that, it's one of the better FF's that have come out.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's funny how people wax nostalgic about FF7 while choosing to ignore the fact that FF7 is where the series started the steep plunge in quality and started picking up all the various features and designs that eventually gave us FF13, a game where you spend 75% of your time moving in a straight line.
This is a complete horseshit post. Did you even play it?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
9 had a lot more in common with 6 and previous than anything else, and while the absolute end of the game was kind of "wat" (Looking at you, Necron) it was pretty much exactly what everyone complains about is lacking from X and later games. Overworld maps, characters are unique, actual equipment slots, non-hallway gameplay, full control over your characters and a heavy final fantasy feel.

The problem it had was the more childish looking characters (primarily Steiner and Zidane with his tail) and the story goes off the rails completely at the end. Aside from that, it's one of the better FF's that have come out.
Hurrah someone else gets it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Nothing I can disagree with. I guess it comes down to not really liking the characters or story all that much. I didn't really have a problem with the fundamentals of the game