Final Fantasy VII Remake

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think you are overestimating the beard length of the average person who has played SoM. Most people don't ever play games that are only released in japan

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you type "top snes rpgs" into google SD3 is literally on the banner Google presents. Anyone who put even a sliver of effort into finding snes rpgs has found/played SD3.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yep, right up there behind Secret of Evermore and Terranigma, which everyone has played, right?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
anyways, who cares.

On a scale of 1-10, how faggy do you think they can make Cloud for this remake? I'm going with a 7.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
SD3 translation was... interesting at times, but it was largely done by Neill and Dark Force, which were the two biggest names in the fan translation game at one point. That game and Bahamut Lagoon not being officially translated/released in the US is a travesty, because they were both amazing games.

Secret of Evermore was actually released in the West (and was great, even if certain easily obtained ingredients meant you alchemically trivialized the entire game) and Terranigma not being released in the US is just confusing. Probably the religious motif that turned producers off.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, right up there behind Secret of Evermore and Terranigma, which everyone has played, right?
You know Secret of Evermore was developed in America and never got a Japanese release right? Doesn't really belong in the same argument as Terranigma.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Having your dog sniff every nook and cranny to collect teeth and stuff got kind of tedious, especially since you have to re-do it if you die at a boss or something.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You know Secret of Evermore was developed in America and never got a Japanese release right? Doesn't really belong in the same argument as Terranigma.
My comment was more at the fact that those games are listed before SD3 in the Google banner that was mentioned, and I guarantee there are tons of people that never played or have even heard of them. Really just trying to point out that just because it shows up on the Google banner doesn't mean that everyone has played them

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The FFVII remake and the prospect of a possible FFXII remaster has me in an FF mood. Playing XIII again since I never heat it - it's not as bad as I remember, but it's still a goddamn chore to rush through the first 10 chapters.

Also following an EXTREMELY terse 100% guide because I remember missing something important enougj to upset me the first time around. I mention this because it's the funniest 100% guide ever. Literally all it does is list the battles and items in the order they come, sometimes offering strategies for bosses and cp allocation. Th chapter 1-10 section is 90% 5ish words per line - no sentences or anything. Fucking ridiculous game.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You guys have encouraged me. I'm going to start playing FFXII again tonight (12, not 7). PS3 with backwards compatibility is GO!

EDIT: Ok, found all my shit in the basement. Let's do this!
PCXlRsa.jpg

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You guys have encouraged me. I'm going to start playing FFXII again tonight (12, not 7). PS3 with backwards compatibility is GO!

EDIT: Ok, found all my shit in the basement. Let's do this!
PCXlRsa.jpg
I would recommend rather starting it on the PC with the PCSX2 emulator. Upside of course being better graphic options (even compared to PS3 upscaling, I have the backwards compatible PS3 as well) and being able to play the international zodiac version (as you don't seem to have that version), however, the biggest boon of that game on an emulator is the fact that as you are using your PC, you will be using a program to enable the controller. In that program, you can edit controller options, and inverse the camera.

That they did not have an option to change the camera in that game, when 99.99% of games in the west have the opposite camera movement boggled my mind at the time of release. Even if there were no other upsides of using an emulator, the ability to swap the camera makes it the only viable way to even play it. I don't think the zodiac version added that option either.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've been emulating it for like a week

The Zodiac edition no less.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If anyone cares...

Sorry for how much my hand shook while shooting this. I was 1-handing my phone while using the controller with the other. Anyway, this is the start of the game, if any of you feel like getting nostalgic.
Video is currently really poor quality, but it'll hit 1080p as soon as youtube finishes all of the things youtube does with a video.