Final Fantasy VII Remake

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked how 9 did it with a lot of the cutscenes, seeing Alexander shield the castle and get obliterated by bahaumat. , or the giant typhoon sucking space worm wrecking shit.

They should be overwhelmingly OP like that, where the person summoning them puts their life on the line to do so. Not ala ff7 chain quad summoning B-zero

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
8, 9, 10, 15 all focused heavily on the summons for the story. Not sure about 13 cause I never really played it. 12 didn't really focus on them at all especially since it wasn't the usual lineup.
Not as characters usually

6 Rahmu talks to you and you collect them, with a flashback of their civilisation

8 you just collect them

9 Rahmu talks to you then you collect them

10 Bahamut talks to you while you collect them

Usually it's the position of summoner and the summoner character that has all the backstory and importance.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If they can make a game with summons as characters and make a compelling story I’m all for it. They’ve sucked at story telling for too long.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked how 9 did it with a lot of the cutscenes, seeing Alexander shield the castle and get obliterated by bahaumat. , or the giant typhoon sucking space worm wrecking shit.

They should be overwhelmingly OP like that, where the person summoning them puts their life on the line to do so. Not ala ff7 chain quad summoning B-zero

I did like in the OG FF7 how you could only use a summon as much as your Materia was leveled, and in big boss fights if you were not overleveled or with OP materia combos yet you'd have to go through all your most powerful spells as much as you could.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember I was the first one in my junior high school to unlock golden chocobo and knights of the round.

My buddy was so pissed, he stood home from school the next day and played for 2 days straight until also getting it lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I remember I was the first one in my junior high school to unlock golden chocobo and knights of the round.

My buddy was so pissed, he stood home from school the next day and played for 2 days straight until also getting it lol.
How much pussy did you have to turn down after making that announcement to the class?

• 13Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
How much pussy did you have to turn down after making that announcement to the class?
1584444494145.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh man so much pussy bro!

lol I was invisible in jr high.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well this looks amazing on PC. First time I've played it so can't really compare it to console. Is there a way to make it play old school style? I fucking suck at playing the new version way.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well this looks amazing on PC. First time I've played it so can't really compare it to console. Is there a way to make it play old school style? I fucking suck at playing the new version way.
As in turn based? No, unfortunately.

worldx

Trakanon Raider
It's out on some... sites...
Edit: Running at 4k with 120fps and graphics high, it's so smoooth. Big difference compared to when i played it on the ps4 pro.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
W.T.F.

Can these corporate trolls milk FF any harder?
Good time to get it tbh with the sales/coupons going on. I tried to play this a ton of times on PS4 but the frame rate just killed it for me after being a pcmasterrace gamer for so long. Shit looks/runs amazing on PC.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I member in High School when FF7 came out, seemed like everybody was playing it. A day after launch, when everyone was still in Midgar, one guy was parked outside Midgar and had all his characters at like level 30 with level 3 magic (Firaga etc) unlocked already. I guess he just stopped and grinded all night as soon as he got out of Midgar. I didn't approve of this because I thought he was totally gimping the game for himself.

Wonder if he tried that with FF8. If so, LOL.

(Edit: For anyone who doesn't know, in FF8 the enemies scale up in power if you over-level and since most character power comes from junctioning, leveling actually makes the game harder)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh man so much pussy bro!

lol I was invisible in jr high.

I was also completely invisible in jr high. Wanted a GF really bad and honestly expected one to fall in my lap. None did. Though I did a lot better in HS and late teens at being noticed by girls, I was still completely inept and managed to make all of it go absolutely nowhere.

Funniest thing is, before all that, this girl I had a MASSIVE crush on throughout 4th and 5th grade (because she looked like Sarah Connor in T1)... asked me out on my birthday in 6th grade and I went "hell no" or something. She never talked to me again, then went on to MARRY ANOTHER GUY FROM OUR CLASS who she got together with a few months after my rejection. Talked to her on Facebook a couple years ago (we're mid-30's now) and she told me about all this and that I was the guy she liked first...then stopped answering my messages.

In other words, yeah I was terrible with girls in my teen years, and outright invisible for the first half of them, but I also had a big chance to have a completely different early life instead of the miserable, girl-less teens and early 20's I ended up with. What I wouldn't do to Quantum Leap back into my 12 year old self and try again with some actual balls this time.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought it on PS4, played through it once but didn't do hard mode or anything since I hate playing on a console. Didn't play the Yuffie stuff when it came out. Got it on PC and hollyyyyy shit does it play 10000x better. Super smooth at 120 FPS. No crashes or anything yet. Prolly gonna 100% this one and buy it on Steam in a year and do it again.

• 1Like