Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What's the fastest way to level my other jobs that are way below main story level?
Palace of the Dead, if you want to kill yourself afterwards. Otherwise Hunting Log until you can chain Duty Roulette.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrm never even heard of palace of the dead, this didn't come up at all during my normal leveling heh. Sounds kinda neat though?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds kinda neat though?
It is, and it's the fastest way to level, to 60, but at the same time it is repetetive. Very repetetive. You can do it a few times I guess, but as a tank/healer you have shorter queue times for duty roulette, which is more fun. Unless you get Sastasha.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hrm never even heard of palace of the dead, this didn't come up at all during my normal leveling heh. Sounds kinda neat though?
I played through it and got some fast exp, as long as you can find a group. Skip as many enemies as possible and read up on lv50 boss tactics.

Malkav

French Madman
It is, and it's the fastest way to level, to 60, but at the same time it is repetetive. Very repetetive. You can do it a few times I guess, but as a tank/healer you have shorter queue times for duty roulette, which is more fun. Unless you get Sastasha.

What I'd recommend to do if you want to push a tank/healer job is what i'm currently doing leveling WHM : alternate between the highest dungeon you can do and some POTD. I usually end up running each dungeon two times plus a serie or two of 10 floors in POTD before I get to the next dungeon (with pre-order earring xp buff and FC xp buff). It's not mind numbing POTD only but it's not "running the same dungeon 4 times" either. I'm using my roulettes in parallel to finish leveling DNC so not using those on the healer as it gets instant queues anyway.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Was looking through my amazon game purchases and realized I bought this in the past. Dont even remember playing this? WTF?

Capture009.PNG

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was looking through my amazon game purchases and realized I bought this in the past. Dont even remember playing this? WTF?

View attachment 359328
ARR was selling for pennies at one point before it was outright free. I bought my copy in the original when you couldnt even Jump, though. Just regret I never played it long enough before ARR to get the Mossless Goobbue mount. You could still get them even after Beta. :(

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Level 27 playing through the MSQ. It’s really, really awful.
Yeah man, it's super rough. Please for the love of god, skip the text and cutscenes. I plan on reading this An Idiot’s guide to FFXIV lore summary pretty soon. I forced myself to read everything and not skip cutscenes, but it only made my experience worse. So I've started skipping things within seconds if they don't seem interesting. It helps a lot.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

It's an optional area, starts with the quest "The House that Death built"(In Gridania right inside the Adventures guild building a evil potato is sitting on a box of crates), don't forget Hunt log for you're class(each starting class from ARR has a set of entries), and well Class quests for the skillz... other then that, DF for MSQ/Leveling, or you can do Frontline if you have it unlocked(A Note on frontline, you can "que" as a class you want too lvl but go in as another class, the "que" class will get the EXP(And it's a shitload of EXP for how fast Frontline is, works same as the MSQ bonus also once a day))

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's an optional area, starts with the quest "The House that Death built"(In Gridania right inside the Adventures guild building a evil potato is sitting on a box of crates), don't forget Hunt log for you're class(each starting class from ARR has a set of entries), and well Class quests for the skillz... other then that, DF for MSQ/Leveling, or you can do Frontline if you have it unlocked(A Note on frontline, you can "que" as a class you want too lvl but go in as another class, the "que" class will get the EXP(And it's a shitload of EXP for how fast Frontline is, works same as the MSQ bonus also once a day))

lol I missed this quest because it sounded like one of the many, many housing quests that you pass, and my quest log is always full so I've always ignored it.

I can't find a FC to save my life. Usually I can be picky and find the type of guild I want in the MMOs I play, but nope. I barely see any advertisements and I've been doing a /shout every now and again and nada. All I'm asking for in the shout is a big, all purpose FC that is friendly and mature. It's eerie how silent this game is. Maybe my server Spriggan is just dead. So far the only invites I've had or advertisements I've seen are from tiny guilds of like 7 people. Bleh.

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah man, it's super rough. Please for the love of god, skip the text and cutscenes. I plan on reading this An Idiot’s guide to FFXIV lore summary pretty soon. I forced myself to read everything and not skip cutscenes, but it only made my experience worse. So I've started skipping things within seconds if they don't seem interesting. It helps a lot.

Oh yeah I checked out of the “story” after maybe the 2nd or 3rd cutscene.

Another annoyance, why does everything need a confirmation box? “Do you want to go to the 2nd floor, yes/no”, “Do you want to go into the room, yes/no”. With all the zoning you do this becomes really irritating.

Goonsquad Officer
lol I missed this quest because it sounded like one of the many, many housing quests that you pass, and my quest log is always full so I've always ignored it.

I can't find a FC to save my life. Usually I can be picky and find the type of guild I want in the MMOs I play, but nope. I barely see any advertisements and I've been doing a /shout every now and again and nada. All I'm asking for in the shout is a big, all purpose FC that is friendly and mature. It's eerie how silent this game is. Maybe my server Spriggan is just dead. So far the only invites I've had or advertisements I've seen are from tiny guilds of like 7 people. Bleh.
In the crystal dc I was drowning in people bugging me till I just joined one so folks shut up

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I can't find a FC to save my life.
You can take a look at the free company standings here and apply to one that catches your eye:

I got invited pretty quick by a random member throwing flowers at me. It's a LGBT+ friendly FC, currently celebrating pride week, so maybe not your cup of tea.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah I checked out of the “story” after maybe the 2nd or 3rd cutscene.

Another annoyance, why does everything need a confirmation box? “Do you want to go to the 2nd floor, yes/no”, “Do you want to go into the room, yes/no”. With all the zoning you do this becomes really irritating.
Yeah the confirmation boxes are the absolute worst. Alongside not automatically dismounting for a lot of stuff. but I learned you can press numpad 0 twice to autoconfirm on a lot of those boxes.

Also, why do so many things take 10 seconds? "Point of interest" and "waiting for 10 seconds." It's sooo bizarre.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I could fill up a notepad of all the little things I’ve noticed that could be easy fixes.

It took some menu scouring to figure out decent tab target behavior. I’d still like to be able to auto targeting closest and attack with any skill press if nothing is selected like how wow does it but I don’t think that’s happening.

I read how the devs were forced to play wow so I’m not sure why some of the smoothness of the gameplay wasn’t translated over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I could fill up a notepad of all the little things I’ve noticed that could be easy fixes.

It took some menu scouring to figure out decent tab target behavior. I’d still like to be able to auto targeting closest and attack with any skill press if nothing is selected like how wow does it but I don’t think that’s happening.

I read how the devs were forced to play wow so I’m not sure why some of the smoothness of the gameplay wasn’t translated over.

You have to remember that the game is built upon the jank that was 1.0. To this day, the developpers still struggle with some of the shitty code and other weird database decisions that were made before them (which is also why inventory management is such a mess).

I still get annoyed that you have to specifically unmount to do anything, it's for sure really annoying.

Sometimes there is some really weird shit, like when they implemented umbrellas and they basically function like mounts do with the same restrictions.

Cybsled

I thought they more or less had to scrap the 1.0 base game because they could only change so much and YoshiP successfully argued for a complete redo?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah the confirmation boxes are the absolute worst. Alongside not automatically dismounting for a lot of stuff. but I learned you can press numpad 0 twice to autoconfirm on a lot of those boxes.

Also, why do so many things take 10 seconds? "Point of interest" and "waiting for 10 seconds." It's sooo bizarre.
It's an RPG. Your character has to wait, or look around, or read something, or explain something.