Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Okay I must finally be getting into Heavensward because I just had to do The Keeper of the Lake dungeon and that shit was epic as hell, and I actually wanted to listen to the cutscene and read the text. That was fantastic. And the final fight there was super cool, particularly fun to heal.
You made it! Enjoy Heavensward :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will point out that Square / CS / GMs all look up your permanent record and nothing ever gets removed. You got a forum warning from 8 years ago? You're +1 on the response tier until the end of time. Next infraction will be a short ban no matter what. They do police chat and toxic behavior when reported, probably more so than the gathering bots. Bitch about people on discord wth your friends but consider what you type into the game client.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It's not my fault the French are the Brazilian gamers of Europe o_O. Yeah I guess that's why I can't find a FC. I do see broadcasts in French sometimes, that must be where the recruiting FC's are. I didn't want to start on Light because it had no bonus exp servers. I'm sure I'll come to regret that, but ah well.

Do all mounts have unique soundtracks?
A decent amount do overall. Generally the ones that are rarer or have a bit of a grind to them. Way too many don’t unfortunately. Nanamzu mount music ftw.

• 1Like

Cybsled

For sure. Reputation was such a huge, huge deal in EQ. I don't think we'll ever get that again though. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it doesn't seem feasible

This comes down to people from a small rural town complaining that they don’t know anyone in a major city when they move there

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This comes down to people from a small rural town complaining that they don’t know anyone in a major city when they move there
I think it's way more complicated than that.

By the way, will I be able to finally do more class quests soon? Still missing all my 51+ abilities.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think it's way more complicated than that.

By the way, will I be able to finally do more class quests soon? Still missing all my 51+ abilities.

As soon as you complete the quest "Before the Dawn", or, more realistically, after you get the aetheryte in Ishgard (the very first quest in HW)

Goonsquad Officer
If you are set on skipping, maybe watch a recap once you beat ultima weapon. Heh maybe watch a recap first then skip till after ultima weapon first then play so you have more understanding of the quest goals.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought they more or less had to scrap the 1.0 base game because they could only change so much and YoshiP successfully argued for a complete redo?
They scrapped quite a bit, but not the architecture itself. Thats why a redo was done in less than two years, and not the typical five. Which was probably an easier bullet for SE to eat considering how much more money that would have cost. If you played in pre-arr, everything was just repeating assets over and over. I remember being outside of Gridania and recognizing the same hillside over half a dozen times within just a few minutes. Add into the fact you couldnt even jump and had to walk around a 4 inch tall fence and it was a nightmare.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
When should I start paying attention to the story?
the part where people say the story "get's good" is after you finish ARR, then finish with Yugiri's 2 patches of content and get to 2.3 and especially 2.4 (you can tell when you hit a new patch because the quest gives you an achievement). The game will have call backs to stuff prior to that at points, however most things tie in to stuff that occurs after 2.3, aside from the Imperial stuff, that goes back to 1.0 sometimes.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also make sure you keep your music cranked up for bosses esp once ur getting near heavensward. Forgot about how awesome the Midgardsormr dungeon was till it was mentioned here, the theme on the boss fight just fits it perfectly

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Alright so you can't use the in game macro for Numpad 0 because its a hotkey.

I made a little autohotkey script to double Num0 BUT some of the prompts (Okay / Cancel) start the cursor on cancel and the others (Yes / No) start the cursor on Yes. So the script works on Yes/No but not on Okay/Cancel. Really, really asinine functionality ... I guess I'll have to make two separate commands but that's really dumb. Any ideas other than a straight up pixel detect?

Goonsquad Officer
Yea starting around just after that era dungeons and primal start to have great music. Lady ice heart and ravana songs so good

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also make sure you keep your music cranked up for bosses esp once ur getting near heavensward. Forgot about how awesome the Midgardsormr dungeon was till it was mentioned here, the theme on the boss fight just fits it perfectly
Yeah that was so epic. The music was a good part of it. Glad I didn't skip the boss intro either.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that was so epic. The music was a good part of it. Glad I didn't skip the boss intro either.
Honestly, it's silly to skip any of the cinematics in the dungeons/raids, if its your first time there. Yeaah you can watch them later in the inn, but it's really not the same.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
We do have an FOH cross world LS set up already if there isn't one. Happy to invite anyone who wishes.

Also, is there a Gilg FC for FOH? And/or are there enough of us to start one? Just curious. Thanks!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Made a script that clicks Okay or Yes by image search. Appears to be working.

Autohotkey: take screenshots of the Yes and Okay buttons (start in the middle of buttons -cut the word in half basically- because the macro clicks in the top left of the found coords). Crop the screenshots and save them in the directory you're running the script from. This will search the screen for Okay or Yes every time I middle mouse click and click the button if it exists.

I'm sure that this is bannable but I don't give a fuck and the DPS meter everyone uses does waaayyyy more than this so very doubtful they care.

edit: Found an issue, the cancel cutscene yes is slightly different so you'll need to copy a block along with the appropriate yes2.png file.

Code:
#NoEnv

SetMouseDelay 45

MButton::
ImageSearch, foundX, foundY, 0, 0, %A_ScreenWidth%, %A_ScreenHeight%, yes.png
If(ErrorLevel == 0){
Click, %foundX%, %foundY%
}

ImageSearch, foundX, foundY, 0, 0, %A_ScreenWidth%, %A_ScreenHeight%, okay.png
If(ErrorLevel == 0){
Click, %foundX%, %foundY%
}

return

F2::ExitApp

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I must complete certain tasks in the Crystal Tower series to progress? What are those? Google is vague. Edit: Legacy of Allag quest line and then what raids?

There are too many damn blue quests. They need to separate some of those into another color or two or three.

Last edited: