Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

There is a big difference between a DPS meter and something that automates interactions w/o human intervention. That could easily get you lumped in with RMT bot bans.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
There is a big difference between a DPS meter and something that automates interactions w/o human intervention. That could easily get you lumped in with RMT bot bans.
Although sometimes I wonder how some people seem to interact/accept so quickly? seems very common in raids where I'm running alongside someone and we get to an object and the moment they stop moving they are already teleporting, whereas I'm still bringing up the window. is there some other legal trick people use? Or are people using illegal mods? It's very common from what I've seen. There is no way they are clicking and accepting that much faster than I am.. I don't think.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Although sometimes I wonder how some people seem to interact/accept so quickly? seems very common in raids where I'm running alongside someone and we get to an object and the moment they stop moving they are already teleporting, whereas I'm still bringing up the window. is there some other legal trick people use? Or are people using illegal mods? It's very common from what I've seen. There is no way they are clicking and accepting that much faster than I am.. I don't think.
Mash 0 on numpad. it's the magic button for interacting basically. Or x on (ps) controller.

Goonsquad Officer
I think the MSQ , which now requires you finish the crystal tower quest line, wants you to start this line:

which is has a few steps then leads to unlocking the actual alliance raids for crystal tower:

there's 3 crystal tower raids and some run-around and story between.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
That questline plants seeds that you wont see bloom for QUITE some time. But the payoff is pretty good imo. The raids are eh at this point, but decent spectacle I suppose. And a decent intro to raid mechanics- tho they'll MOSTLY be ignored. Blast shield wipes happen more often than they should.

Goonsquad Officer
That questline plants seeds that you wont see bloom for QUITE some time. But the payoff is pretty good imo. The raids are eh at this point, but decent spectacle I suppose. And a decent intro to raid mechanics- tho they'll MOSTLY be ignored. Blast shield wipes happen more often than they should.
its kind of novel to get eaten the first time heh.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

Have you seen the DPS meter (ACT)? it requires admin, firewall access, and draws an overlay over your window.

...and like I said, I don't really give a fuck if they ban me for using a workaround for their shitty interface.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Mash 0 on numpad. it's the magic button for interacting basically. Or x on (ps) controller.
Wait, does it work to actually open the object interface in the firstplace? I've only had luck with it once I right clicked the object first. And annoyingly, outside of raids it default selects "no". It's so bad. Why can't they change such a simple thing lol.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most people that decide they want to play ffxiv regardless of the interface, start to just figure out the quickest avenue in using it. Its not the most intuitive interface, granted, but it does has its nuances. Once learned, it is actually pretty quick to get things done. Where you're having a hiccup in it, is hard to figure out without being over your shoulder.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wait, does it work to actually open the object interface in the firstplace? I've only had luck with it once I right clicked the object first. And annoyingly, outside of raids it default selects "no". It's so bad. Why can't they change such a simple thing lol.
Num0 x 2 works on some prompts and others it will just cancel out of because...who the fuck knows.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
You have to finagle the camera a bit, but it’ll select then interact with the closest interactble thing,npc, shrub whatever. If you have to actually use a second item the yeah mouse and right click- or for newer quests just click the item icon in the quest header.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Best boss so far. Him having actual voiced taunts throughout as my poor group of sprouts was getting decimated was hilarious.

Music continues to be absolutely ridiculous and other games should feel bad about themselves. I was so confused when it turned in to a Sabaton ballad, but it works so well

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
doing ravana on tier as Dk was a whole lot of fun :)

the lyrics of some of the songs are interesting, some have lore bits in them. you're right about the music being uniquely nice. in my opinion, like the story/voice acting / game play / everything, the music only goes up in quality from HW > SB > SHB. by the time you get to SHB, there's a ton of musical melodies and tones that are called back from the previous 3 iterations of the game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
When should I start paying attention to the story?
ARR: Ascians are spooky assholes teaching beast tribes how to summon and have something going on with the Garleans who want to... eliminate summoning but also harness it's power in giant robots when it suits them.

Start paying attention when Lady Iceheart (Shiva trial), Yugiri (post Ultima Weapon content) and Graha Tia (Crystal Tower raid) show up as they are important in each of the three expansions.

Anything with city leaders fucking skip.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They all have great music and lines(At least the ones that can talk..... I wonder wtf Bismarck would be saying)

My Fav's though, Susano, Byakko, Zurvan, Seiryu, SoS, Hades, Suzako(Albiet her 1 line is really annoying after awhile), I wish some of the weapons actually talked and not just for the Cutscenes... except Nael fuck her.