Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
LOL fucking wow.

That had to probably be one of the best Ifrit clutch fights I've ever seen, and you know that was prolly one of the best fights he's ever experienced too. Legendary healer clutch save.
That healer lb was clutch as fuck. They almost blew it right after tho. That was skin of your teeth shit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Seen 3 bots today. I hadn't seen any until the 1 from the other day. now suddenly 3 back to back to back. One of them was a healer in an 8 man story trial and it was so painful. We physically could not kick them because of the chain cut scenes. As soon as a cut scene would end, they'd pull a mob. They didn't heal a single time, and sat attacking a door for 2 minutes.

I'm starting to doubt this legendary FF14 GM/ban/suspension service with all these bots.

Also, not going to lie, I'm getting sick of the Primal storyline. I'm deep into HW, but that's all I'm doing again. Killing primals for the 3rd time. It feels incredibly lazy and every time an NPC tells me about somebody summoning a primal again, I just sigh. A sizeable shipment of crystals! A primal! Jesus... People just keep doing all their damndest to summon primals, even though it never does anything ever. Really hope this shit is done with soon.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Seen 3 bots today. I hadn't seen any until the 1 from the other day. now suddenly 3 back to back to back. One of them was a healer in an 8 man story trial and it was so painful. We physically could not kick them because of the chain cut scenes. As soon as a cut scene would end, they'd pull a mob. They didn't heal a single time, and sat attacking a door for 2 minutes.

I'm starting to doubt this legendary FF14 GM/ban/suspension service with all these bots.

Also, not going to lie, I'm getting sick of the Primal storyline. I'm deep into HW, but that's all I'm doing again. Killing primals for the 3rd time. It feels incredibly lazy and every time an NPC tells me about somebody summoning a primal again, I just sigh. A sizeable shipment of crystals! A primal! Jesus... People just keep doing all their damndest to summon primals, even though it never does anything ever. Really hope this shit is done with soon.
Yeah, people kept jerking this game off and when I was telling friends who finally convinced me to play that ARR's story sucked, they all said, "Just wait, dude! It gets so epic in HW!!". I got through HW and quit shortly after, since they said Stormblood is kind of "meh". I'm like, "Dude, if HW was amazing and Stormblood is only "meh", I'm fucking done. HW was just more primal bullshit with one somewhat impactful death. Other than that, you can see the "reveal" coming from about a mile away".

The gameplay in FFXIV is fine, but I still just don't understand why people jerk off over how "amazing" the story is and use it as one of the primary reasons to play the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, people kept jerking this game off and when I was telling friends who finally convinced me to play that ARR's story sucked, they all said, "Just wait, dude! It gets so epic in HW!!". I got through HW and quit shortly after, since they said Stormblood is kind of "meh". I'm like, "Dude, if HW was amazing and Stormblood is only "meh", I'm fucking done. HW was just more primal bullshit with one somewhat impactful death. Other than that, you can see the "reveal" coming from about a mile away".

The gameplay in FFXIV is fine, but I still just don't understand why people jerk off over how "amazing" the story is and use it as one of the primary reasons to play the game.
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree. I think people just desperately want WoW to fail and want another MMO to succeed right now, that's how mad people are at Blizzard. Apparently the 3rd expansion story is amazing, but ugh if Stormblood isn't even as decent as HW I may just become a full skipper of text and cutscenes, because right now they aren't adding jack or shit. So many cliches and so much stuff used over and over and over. The Warriors of Darkness storyline had a tiny thread of "something" potential, but then puffed out in a whimper of pathetic vapor almost as quickly as it came out of nowhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Anyone from FOH online able to invite Ser Springboks?

I'm surrounded by trannies and I don't feel safe

nu_11

Quin69 punked out around lvl 19. He just bought lvl 70 DRG boost and Stormblood story completion.

I think he got tired of his chat spamming how FFXIV sucks and to go back to WoW. So he decided to boost to see what he might be missing if he just quit.

Turns out he seems okay with the lvl 70 ‘endgame’ atm.

Goonsquad Officer
yea some folks just won't end up invested in the story. they won't like it , or they don't read the lore so no story matters. it shouldn't be a big deal if folks want to, the game minus the main story quest lore, is the same amount of lore mmo's generally give (which is to almost nothing besides quest flavor text).

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Quin69 punked out around lvl 19. He just bought lvl 70 DRG boost and Stormblood story completion.

I think he got tired of his chat spamming how FFXIV sucks and to go back to WoW. So he decided to boost to see what he might be missing if he just quit.

Turns out he seems okay with the lvl 70 ‘endgame’ atm.
His chat is an entirely different level of sperg than most. Then again... so is he. I can't see that he'd ever put up with a solid month of story. But that's amusing, his chat hates the shit outta wow, or at least how he plays it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean the story isn't exactly amazing, but it's told really well and I actually feel like I'm a part of it (just finished ARR last night). I'm enjoying the game well enough just for the MSQs, and I damn sure never enjoyed WoW for the story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
That is good milage for arr. Around....half way through post arr qests the quality of things goes up

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean the story isn't exactly amazing, but it's told really well and I actually feel like I'm a part of it (just finished ARR last night). I'm enjoying the game well enough just for the MSQs, and I damn sure never enjoyed WoW for the story.

The telling well is the main thing, and the actual story gets better beyond ARR for sure. Your level of tolerance for ARR suggests you will enjoy expansion story more.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Never watched much Asmondgold but it's been pretty good background entertainment while I grind Zadnor and Relic stuff. His whole act is pretty annoying, but I really appreciate his approach to the game. He has been doing all the 2.0 endgame stuff unsyched w/ no echo to get the full experience before skipping ahead. Seems to be enjoying himself too.

Motherfucker got the Nightmare mount on his first Ifrit clear, than ran it again and got another one. Odds on that happening have to be astronomically small considering i've never seen it drop even once.

I did manage to catch him streaming on his alt the other day grinding for Odin glam and he was like a completely different person. No cam, just acting like a normal human being without trying to put on a show. I would actually watch him more regularly if he just always acted normal like that, but I guess the little act he puts on is what keeps him rich.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think people praise the story in FFXIV because it is probably the first time in a MMO that they've experienced a really decently told story. Its not super amazing, imo, but its better than anything else I've bothered to read. I mentioned this in guildchat, but the MSQ as it is now (at least in ARR) seems to NOT want you to do anything else, if you do, you level up too fast so you end up at 55+, but without the lvl52-54 skills.