Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Dancer step before the last one looks nice enough imo, that's what I'm using, didn't bother finishing it. Same on SCH, I finished it for the stats but I'm using the step before(green aura book, instead of stupid floating polygons book). MNK I'm using the actual final step, although the first step(Tonfas) look nice too. I'd say some of the final steps look nice, but for a lot of them there's better looking older relics for sure, and for a bunch the previous steps in the current relic look better. But that's fairly standard for relics, not all of them look good, and a lot of the better ones are the older ones(Anima from HW especially, although a few Zodiac from ARR are alright too).

Plenty of shiny weapons to choose from though between relics and primal weapons, so don't find it to be too much of an issue.

Unless you are a gunbreaker main :(

Goonsquad Officer
this will sound trite when i give the advice but the best thing to do in eureka:

1. become involved with people in the zone. they will coordinate spawn times and eureka trackers.
2. become educated on what you need to clear the zone. each zone has a 'boss' and you'll need so many elemental mguffins. once you know them. and your'e within like 8 levels or so of the 'boss' if it pops, go do it. that's the biggests hold up for me, it's always the boss tokens.

strangely the most coordinated groups of people in FFare the people who still do baldasian arsenal. if you meet up with some one in zone who knows it and is being hardcore about making spawns happen, doing bosses etc, grab onto them like a baby koala and you can surf through annoying parts on the back of their brute force power and/or expertise.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
this will sound trite when i give the advice but the best thing to do in eureka:

1. become involved with people in the zone. they will coordinate spawn times and eureka trackers.
2. become educated on what you need to clear the zone. each zone has a 'boss' and you'll need so many elemental mguffins. once you know them. and your'e within like 8 levels or so of the 'boss' if it pops, go do it. that's the biggests hold up for me, it's always the boss tokens.

strangely the most coordinated groups of people in FFare the people who still do baldasian arsenal. if you meet up with some one in zone who knows it and is being hardcore about making spawns happen, doing bosses etc, grab onto them like a baby koala and you can surf through annoying parts on the back of their brute force power and/or expertise.

You can only get boss tokens once you are within 1 level of it's level, which is always the max level. So 19 for Paz, 34 for Louhi, 49 for Skoll etc

Chris Chris if you do end up deciding you want to do Baldesion Arsenal let me know and I'll invite you to the discord.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
a little taste of what Endwalker will be like

1637512746710.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the server crashed in a bunch of the NA DCs, so you have queues to log back in as everyone rushes back in. The random crashes aren't so good looking for EW's launch though, happened like every other weekend to a few different servers each time.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doing all the Eden fights for the first time and everything was smooth up until Titan and Ramuh. Titan wasn't too bad, but Ramuh is just pushing my shit in, feel like I'm about to get an honorary Dragoon award for floor tanking.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doing all the Eden fights for the first time and everything was smooth up until Titan and Ramuh. Titan wasn't too bad, but Ramuh is just pushing my shit in, feel like I'm about to get an honorary Dragoon award for floor tanking.
Are you grabbing the Electric sparks for resistance ? (Just like in Ramuh Ex/N he has that same mechanic...), just don't go above 3 of them and you should be good as more then 3 sparks act like a multiplier lol..

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How much have I screwed myself by not unlocking the Pagos Kettle until I hit lv35 and the end of Pagos?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well, just get ready to stay in Pagos some more.
Yeah! I only really figured out how everything works by the end of Pagos.

How many times am I filling this bar? Seems like the higher level NMs fill most of it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah! I only really figured out how everything works by the end of Pagos.

How many times am I filling this bar? Seems like the higher level NMs fill most of it.
You need 31 frosted crystals from full bars of light, assuming it hasn't changed, I don't really remember. You also need 500 pagos crystals from FATEs and 5 louhi ice(from the boss FATE that spawns in there). It's definitely wasteful to not have unlocked it earlier, but if you still need the rest you can make that light relatively fast. Light farming was more of a pain at level compared to the other items, but now it should be fairly similar since you can solo or duo fairly efficiently.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really want the end armor rewards from Eureka but I feel it's overwhelming learning and grinding that zone. Maybe I should just start and do it slow and steady.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really want the end armor rewards from Eureka but I feel it's overwhelming learning and grinding that zone. Maybe I should just start and do it slow and steady.
I don't think it's that bad, there's a ton of guides, and you can go at it over time using the challenge log. A lot of it is just doing FATEs too. There's a few new systems added on top of the usual stuff, but they're introduced over time, like early on, you just have to understand the Magia elemental system and it's pretty straightforward, and then in Pyros they introduce Memes or whatever they were called which are additional skills you can use only in Eureka.

It's a pretty cool place and the story is somewhat interesting, and you get to see a lot of "what if" systems that are somewhat reminiscent of FFXI and old school mmos(monsters that are super strong if you don't pay attention, longer leash range so not as easy to escape when you aggro stuff, chain bonus for killing monsters quickly etc).

Edit: Oh btw they announced the maintenance, which is as expected a 24h maintenance. 9AM GMT to 9AM GMT. You can check the NA lodestone for times that might be easier to convert but that's weekly reset time(just not on the weekly reset day, it's thursday to friday).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The weekly challenge log gives a bunch of exp and is a nice way to progress.

What I've learned:

1) Buy Eureka Armor from Kugane Pier #1 and a bunch of exp potions (I forget the name) from Market board.

2) Do your challenge log (kill 60 of each element, 30 night time enemies and 20 elementals) killing enemies 2 levels above you. You can google maps of locations. Once this is done it's up to you if you wanna solo chain 30 kills at a time for exp, or wait until next week.

3) Each zone has 2-3 Aetherytes you unlock as you level. If a FATE spawns in an area you unlocked or soneone in chat says there's an elemental (buffs you) in an area you unlocked, prioritise those. Don't go into areas you didn't unlock Aetheryte in yet.

4) Once everything is unlocked, join the NM train for the zone if there is one and look at the tracker people post from time to time to see which FATES are eligable to spawn next.

5) Each zone has a gimmick and a final boss, don't move onto the next zone without completing them, it's better to start the next zone overlevelled for it.

Anemos gimmick is magicite, put them all in one element and set it to offensive for whatever element you are fighting. End boss drops items you need to upgrade relic but the birdwatcher npc also sells the items for crystals. Anemos crystals can be traded for Protean Crystals.

Pagos gimmick is kill enemies to fill a progress bar, so this at the same time as levelling for fucks sake. Don't be like me and not finish Anemos so the Pagos gimmick isn't unlocked.

6) You must upgrade relic weapon to get the glowy armour. Relic weapon gets a cool glow at the end of the first zone, the glowy armour is in the 3rd zone (1st zone armour is different, ignore it) but only gets the glow in the 4th zone via upgrades

I belive that you only need to level 1 weapon in order to access ALL of the armor types.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only need 1 weapon yeah, and it only needs to be at Pyros level(so complete Anemos and Pagos only). In Hydatos the vendor that upgrade the elemental armor is available even without progressing the relic weapon to that step as far as I remember, but in Pyros the vendor only pops after you start the relic weapon quest in that area. You can obviously progress the weapon further for glamour too if you like the appearance, although the Hydatos step is super suck since they never nerfed it down.