Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Forgot to post this the other day. I'm getting married! =O

0CACE7F957F97412255FE8F497E23CD1B4B10624

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Crap! The horror stories I hear from people who had to level Lnc..

Cool on AST, means I just need to level cnj if I ever want to mess around with that.
All classes in this game are easy to level. Tanks and healers are easier because you can change it up more but this game, like any other MMO, is retard easy at low levels. Press 2 buttons, win. Lancer was my first 50 so my view might be skewed but I don't remember any awful periods for it.

@Krip - Blood for Bads. I have to remember that next time I am healing a pug raid and someone pops that on the 5 headed dragon during the no ability phase
smile.png

@Turbo - How much? Does all classes include Ninja?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I think it's fair to say that ISIS has no plan to be relevant at this point, heh.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
What's up with the warrior dude in the leopard skin panties? I was in a WoD with him (or someone dressed like him) last week. I took one look and was like "Yup, that guy is straight up Potatoe".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone figured out the lore to this yet?

Seems like it's set after FF3 (Crystal Tower/Cloud of Darkness) and after FF5 (Krile Baldesian/Val Castle and apparently same partial map) but beforeFF8. Mindfuck or just references?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's just references, Final Fantasy has a bunch of different worlds. It has references from 3 and 6 mostly, with a few specific things like costumes to others(cloud costume, lightning and whatshisface costumes and haitcuts).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Every final fantasy game is set in another dimension/world, with no connection to the other games except for the usual ones (chocobos, Cid, etc). The only ones that are joined are sequels (FFX/X-2, FF13/13-2/LR)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Every final fantasy game is set in another dimension/world, with no connection to the other games except for the usual ones (chocobos, Cid, etc). The only ones that are joined are sequels (FFX/X-2, FF13/13-2/LR)
There's one notable exception, Ivalice, which was used in Tactics/Advance and XII. Then there's obviously spin offs and such like Crisis Core with VII.

The world of XIV is more or less original, even though it draws heavily in some aspects from XI(classes and races). Then they added a bunch of fanservice with callbacks to older FF and stuff, which is why the empire uses Magitek armors and we went to the World of Darkness/Crystal Tower. In Heavensward, we're going to the Floating Continent(FF6 again), and then on a smaller scale as I said before, Cloud glamour, Lightning haircut and glamour, XIII weapon glamours, Cecil/Kain CE stuff in Heavensward, Dragonquest event stuff and maybe some other things I forgot.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I demand you make a ISIS style video for that contest. Burn the guild to the ground.
I've been systematically doing that since I joined =/ No videos though.

I enjoy the lore from FFXIV quite a bit, but then I'm a lore/story/worldbuilding nerd at heart. It's not directly connected to anything, just lots of throwbacks like others have said.