Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Half the zones have a scottish bent to them, which immediately brings up "How to Train Your Dragon" because that is exactly what it evinces.

But the last area... Uh.... Mass Effect, much?

Malkav

French Madman
The two expert dungeons are fun right now as most people already 60 are somewhat hardcore gamers....

But god, the pain it will be in a few days when all the random and the bads get there.

Needless

Toe Sucker
any bros on gilg with alchemy able to put some materia in my weapon? as pointless as doing my relic weapon is now (i think?), i still want to do it lol

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
any bros on gilg with alchemy able to put some materia in my weapon? as pointless as doing my relic weapon is now (i think?), i still want to do it lol
Sure, Elrezz Darkraven can. I'm sure Rexie Soulstar and Jaen Mandar can as well.

Look at me volunteering folks.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I can do it as well. Alkorin Angainor, if you catch me online.

Edit: Or, if I ever get past 2002 again. What a joke.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yep I'll always meld for free, or tip if you want. I'll also craft for free if you bring me mats but no guarantee on HQ on the newer shit.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Is it even worth getting crafting up past the old 2* cap stuff? Sounded like a massive pain in the ass when you guys did it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wow, I'm sitting at a queue screen and for once, the numbers aren't moving, at all. 66 in queue for the last 5 minutes.

Erie_sl

shitlord
So, I'm at 50 and at don't have all my MSQ done yet. I should get Heavensward to increase the level cap while going through MSQ?
Well, I'm about 3/5th the way through and have gotten about 3/5th the way to lvl 51, so probably not a huge deal

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Is it even worth getting crafting up past the old 2* cap stuff? Sounded like a massive pain in the ass when you guys did it.
Unless they require Lucis tools for the next "blue" weapon at 60, then no. If they require lucis though, then you obviously need to do it.

It's also nice because a lot of the newer stuff still needs old mats.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll add you homies up and see when you're online, i'm still playing catchup on MSQ anyway so it's no biggie.. currently about to queue for leviathan lol

My char is False Hope lol

(only 1 of those names worked.. must need to be online to add a friend?)

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
God I love this game's music.
The music in the Library Dungeon is the fucking worst in a video game of all time. Like some of the other music is amazing, I'm not sure how they missed that one.

The two expert dungeons are fun right now as most people already 60 are somewhat hardcore gamers....

But god, the pain it will be in a few days when all the random and the bads get there.
They aren't the hardest things in the world. My guess is it will be easier the AK was back in the day.

Malkav

French Madman
The music in the Library Dungeon is the fucking worst in a video game of all time. Like some of the other music is amazing, I'm not sure how they missed that one.

They aren't the hardest things in the world. My guess is it will be easier the AK was back in the day.
Yeah, elevator music, damn.

And Amdapor was one thing with the wall... But wait until the DF bad has to pick up totems in Neverreap...
biggrin.png

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The number of pugs I had fall off on that wall was amazing. At that point the gear wasn't great as you were rolling around in half darklight and half leveling gear. If someone fell off it was pretty much a wipe.

How bad are law tomes to get? Do you get extra for doing roulette or is it just from bosses?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Wondering if someone could give me some info on how things work at the endgame. Hard to find good info.

#1 Itemization. Right now I have paladin and warrior at 31, trying to decide which to pick. It seems like they each have their strengths and weaknesses, but I was wondering if the gear at the end is class specific or just heavy/light/medium etc. If I leveled them both to 50 would I be looking at two separate sets of gear, or just changing weapons basically?

#2 People say you can level all jobs on one character, but if attribute resets cost 10k seals is that really viable? If I level up a dps job will it be gimped if I have my tank attributes up all the time, or is there really offspecing?

#3 Is there anywhere to see what the benefits of each crafting skill are? Obviously you can repair but it's hard to find out just how useful each crafting skill is, especially since much of the good gear comes from smaller instances(4/8). Is it worth doing?

Anyway, cool game. Hoping to get to 60 soonish and see the new expansion. I like the idea of smaller group stuff being the endgame.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
#1 just changing weapons

#2 attributes are different for each class so no need to respec (P.S. - on tank put everything in to strength.)

#3 I wouldn't worry about crafting to start unless you are super in to that kind of thing. It's a fairly involved system. Repairing gear is generally more costly then just going to a vendor to repair. The gear you make is generally worse or on par with dungeon gear and the raid gear is superior. Crafting is mostly for vanity items.