Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Needless

Toe Sucker
I wouldn't skip the cutscenes in the 2.5 and 3.0 quests. They're pretty good. The story in Heavensward has been bad ass.
I skip them but plan on going back and watching them later due to people having an insane lack of patience for people who haven't seen cutscenes in dungeons/primals/etc lol

gonna get lancer 8 more levels today so i get BFB and never have to play that class again lol

Carl_sl

shitlord
I have a hard time wanting to watch any of the cutscenes that are just me reading text from an npc. I did finally settle on leveling arcanist though since I get a healer and dps through one play through.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I have a hard time wanting to watch any of the cutscenes that are just me reading text from an npc. I did finally settle on leveling arcanist though since I get a healer and dps through one play through.
yeah.. anything that doesn't have voice acting is auto mash left click haha

I'm gonna try and watch the 2.5 stuff though, which i'll hopefully burn through this weekend!

Also, i started doing kobold beast quests last night, i want the bomb mount, is it always only 3 dailies or does it eventually give more?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
yeah.. anything that doesn't have voice acting is auto mash left click haha

I'm gonna try and watch the 2.5 stuff though, which i'll hopefully burn through this weekend!

Also, i started doing kobold beast quests last night, i want the bomb mount, is it always only 3 dailies or does it eventually give more?
3 per rank, so once you finish the first rank, you can do 6, then 9*, then all 12*.

* - Used to be 6 beast tribe dailies, out of all of them (6 allowances), but 3.0 raised it to twelve, so hypothetically you can do 6 for two tribes at once, or start with 4 tribes by doing all their three rank-1 dailies, then pick two to focus on until rank 3, and so on.

Needless

Toe Sucker
3 per rank, so once you finish the first rank, you can do 6, then 9*, then all 12*.

* - Used to be 6 beast tribe dailies, out of all of them (6 allowances), but 3.0 raised it to twelve, so hypothetically you can do 6 for two tribes at once, or start with 4 tribes by doing all their three rank-1 dailies, then pick two to focus on until rank 3, and so on.
Noice! should open up after the first 10 days then, neat. first 3 quests take like 5 minutes to do so its not bad lol

500 billion hours later, finally done 2.5! i'll say the cutscenes/story in 2.4 and 2.5 are way better than the other shit before it

dear god the ishgard theme. Orgasm

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Once you're in Heavensward questline, you probably want to keep watching the cutscenes, the story is a lot more like the 2.4-2.5 stuff than the original, it's always pretty solid, lots of stuff happening. It's really well done overall and kinda feels like a real FF story from start to finish.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
That's what I was led to believe when I did the 50 dungeon. There are lots of scenes in that dungeon, that if you skip, you will not see in the Inn. Unless they changed it since launch.
It hasn't changed. They have always been available and they still are. They might be difficult to find but they are all there.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Once you're in Heavensward questline, you probably want to keep watching the cutscenes, the story is a lot more like the 2.4-2.5 stuff than the original, it's always pretty solid, lots of stuff happening. It's really well done overall and kinda feels like a real FF story from start to finish.
Definitely plan on watching the new stuff, i just didn't care for the original 1-50 storyline and wanted to be in 3.0 asap

Chopxsticks_sl

shitlord
Krip, I joined your LS and promptly disappeared from earth.. Sorry, we started a kitchen remodel, all new cabinets and hard wood floor. My body hurts to much to log in at night..

misery_sl

shitlord
Is there a guild on gilg, and is it active? I need some cynical bastards to hang out with.

I'm not there yet, but I'm planning on moving over soon. I'm on a low pop server right now.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Is there a guild on gilg, and is it active? I need some cynical bastards to hang out with.

I'm not there yet, but I'm planning on moving over soon. I'm on a low pop server right now.
Choose your poison:

- Join your own FC and I can invite you to the (hijacked-by-me) Rerolled linkshell.
- Have someone in ISIS that can FC invite you.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
We also have a linkshell on gilgamesh for a lot of the rerolled folks, but i dont know who can invite (ReCliqued).

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Finally had some time to sink my teeth into the xpack this weekend. Only level 53 but i'm really impressed with the MSQ so far. This game is just so damn good.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
After being disappointed with NIN at 60, I've been doing nothing but grinding out MNK for the past two days. Went from 17-48 doing almost nothing but FATEs in N. Thal.

Help.

misery_sl

shitlord
After being disappointed with NIN at 60, I've been doing nothing but grinding out MNK for the past two days. Went from 17-48 doing almost nothing but FATEs in N. Thal.

Help.
Why are you unpleased with NIN? Curious as a fellow 60 NIN.
I'm a bit interested in MNK myself simply because my latency is messing up my mudra spam even with the GPN. It feels like NIN was made for Japanese players who benefit from having the best latency.

Also, as someone who just leveled 2 classes from 40-51 in north than, and now another from 50-55 purely on nthan fates, I feel your pain.