Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

misery_sl

shitlord
It seems like the quality of players in duty finder HW dungeons (50-60) is falling quite a bit. Haven't had this much trouble before with Library runs. It's like every new group is lacking.

Also, thanks for the shout outs for the FCs, will look into them.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It seems like the quality of players in duty finder HW dungeons (50-60) is falling quite a bit. Haven't had this much trouble before with Library runs. It's like every new group is lacking.

Also, thanks for the shout outs for the FCs, will look into them.
Its probably all people like me: Shit gear, only play occassionally, came in late to the expansion because stuff, trying to catch up. Basically I'm a complete casual at this game. I know what to do in terms of how to play MMOs, watch videos, read strats. I just can't be overly assed to do it for what amounts to levelling content. If I was raiding then sure, but I'm not. Plus half the people expect everyone to know everything already now, which is complete bullshit. Sorry, I didn't poop sock this shit for the past two years. I played like two - three times a month, at best, often skipping entire months and unsubbing occassionally. Its all new to me at this point, especially now that I've dinged 50. I looked at the list of shit I have to do and was like.... "I need a day or two off before I even begin thinking about grinding all these hard mode bosses and shit out holy shit what a hassle"

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think I've ever read a strat for FFXIV and I've done pretty well for the most part. If I've never done a fight, I just say "Hey this is my first time here, anything I should keep an eye on?" and if there's not important shit for me to take care of, they say so. Otherwise most people will tell you no problem, because they don't want to wipe and deal with an even slower clear.

The people that are bad are the ones who simply don't stay out of AEs. Even if they aren't pouring the DPS on, as long as they aren't getting half-dead or instagibbed every minute or so it's generally not a problem. It's when they burn through the healer mana with a quickness that shit starts going south, especially if the healer has to burn cooldowns on a dps instead of the tank.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I usually ask. But the last two dungeons in the original game storyline the people plowed them so fast I couldn't keep up and had no time to ask anything. I even got lost in the Ultima weapon dungeon and missed like half the boss battles lol. As one of the two healers that seemed like a bad idea but it worked out.

I'm pretty good at staying out of the AOE though. That's just common sense and you can see the effect on the ground. My WoW days haven't completely worn off.

misery_sl

shitlord
Its probably all people like me: Shit gear, only play occassionally, came in late to the expansion because stuff, trying to catch up. Basically I'm a complete casual at this game. I know what to do in terms of how to play MMOs, watch videos, read strats. I just can't be overly assed to do it for what amounts to levelling content. If I was raiding then sure, but I'm not. Plus half the people expect everyone to know everything already now, which is complete bullshit. Sorry, I didn't poop sock this shit for the past two years. I played like two - three times a month, at best, often skipping entire months and unsubbing occassionally. Its all new to me at this point, especially now that I've dinged 50. I looked at the list of shit I have to do and was like.... "I need a day or two off before I even begin thinking about grinding all these hard mode bosses and shit out holy shit what a hassle"
I'm not even talking about casuals. It's the ones who can't dodge AOEs to save their lives, and I mean the simple ones. The people who keep making the same mistakes after you explain the fight to them 3 times, mark everything up, and make every mechanic as simple as it can be. The summoners who don't even have pets out until halfway through the dungeon, even though you're asking them why they aren't using it, AND using the language text thing for the pets in case they don't speak English. Dark Knights who pull 2 or 3 rooms, have less HP than the healer, and are at 10% HP by the time they stop and party catches up to them. These people cannot just "not understand the mechanics" if they've made it to a level 59 dungeon. The simple stuff should be ingrained in their minds by now. It's more like bads who don't even give a flying fuck about trying to improve.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't believe people do N. Than fates all the way to 60. I finally hit 50 today on machinst and stayed there for a couple more Fates, exp went from 28k each to 14k and the amount I needed to level almost doubled.

Edit: Do I do anything with poetics/Solidery I have left over?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i don't understand that either.. i keep seeing people in NT when leveling my WHM that are like lvl 57 and shit. That must be so gruelingly slow

I've been leveling WHM/crafting classes and just went back to continuing the storyline as my ninja... but i seem to pull like 200+ dps more than the other dps that i group with.. there shouldn't be that much of a gap at 57 wtf lol.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Leveling desynth in HW is absurd. You can't even start desynthing the new stuff until you hit 100 desynth, and good luck getting there on BSM...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Can't believe people do N. Than fates all the way to 60. I finally hit 50 today on machinst and stayed there for a couple more Fates, exp went from 28k each to 14k and the amount I needed to level almost doubled.

Been spending them on the cool looking futuristic gear for tmog or whatever. Need 300 for relics too if you pursue those iirc

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Game keeps crashing. Think its a sign I have a bad stick of RAM. This isn't the only sign I've been getting I've got a bad stick of RAM. So I ordered a new set. Will be here tomorrow. May not be playing much till Sunday, as tomorrow I'm taking my kids to the zoo. I know no one cares, but I felt like bitching. Anyway. Imma try to play today anyway, but can't guarantee anything if this crashing keeps happening. Shit's annoying.

This message brought to you by the letters N O O N E G I V E S A F U C and K.

Draynar_sl

shitlord

If you had a 50 already you were getting a 100% bonus once you hit 50 if you don't have a 60 you get 0% bonus if you have a 60 you get a 50% bonus that is why you saw xp drop like that. Also those people are crazy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
how does the armory bonus work? it seems confusing to me. It seems like you get a bonus for any character lower than your high one regardless of you being at the level cap?

My ninja is 57, my white mage is 47. If i do fates on my WHM i still get the 100% bonus. Is this factoring in rested exp? or should i actually be getting 150% with rested if my ninja was actually 60?

Draynar_sl

shitlord
Think you're right and its just if you have a higher level character. You should be getting rested + armory bonus. but if i recall rested only works on monster kills and leve turn ins don't think that bonus applies to fate xp rewards.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's what i thought but some people say its only when you have a max level character etc, which never seemed to be the case even on launch of 2.0? lol

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you have rested, it should be 150%. The bonus for any class under 50 is 100% before anything else is added. Post 50 it is 50% base as long as the class is lower than your highest.

This is of course only for monster kills (like Draynar said) and the Fate completion bonus is just the armory bonus so 100%

misery_sl

shitlord
I'm starting to get the feeling I gave up quality for quantity by coming to Gilgamesh. Like going from that mom and pop store that sells really cool stuff in limited amounts to the super Walmart down the street where everything is sold, but most of it is cheap Chinese shit. Maybe my opinion will change when I find a good FC, who knows.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if the ratio between good and bad is the same, say 20:80, there's a big different between 80 idiots and 8000 idiots.

misery_sl

shitlord
I think it's all the competition for Fates/Hunts, and the endless North Than fate grinding some people are doing that make some of them a little bitter. I've experienced a bit of this myself. The endless north than fate grind can be pretty soul crushing if you don't take constant breaks.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea leveling alt classes is driving me nuts when I try to do it quickly. Can only run the same dungeon so many times in a row, and goddamn does it get painful once you lose rest xp. Then mixing in N than fates while waiting for duty to pop. Not ideal but don't see a better way. Wish there were fate groups in the xpac zones , shouldn't be that terrible slow with flying mohnts

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The problem of HW fates isn't the distance, it's the fact they're HW mobs so have a lot more base health, yet reward the same xp as N Than fates, or a bit more. Generally in terms of xp/hour it's not worth it versus old world fates, which kinda sucks. They aknowledged it though, so they might tweak things better next week(well the week after I mean, like when they release savage alex) or it might wait until 3.1. Atm I do it slowly, doing like 0.5-1 level a day on my SCH, spreading the dungeon runs and shit, but yeah it's boring as fuck. I might grind it once I get to 57 though, but 58 is the worst fucking shit.

Also for people who don't read a bunch of the news and shit, they're patching a bunch of class changes in that savage alexander patch that's coming in a week and a half. AST are getting a lot of buffs, BLMs are apparently getting some QoL changes, DRK has been said to be looked at for certain aspects(plus bug fixing the mp shit in darkside I would assume) so yeah pretty nice stuff if you play something other than dragoon or summoner.