Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Love the animations for my new monk abilities. Elixir Field and Forbidden Chakra really stand out.
Sadly Tornado Kick is poop shit. Wish it looked and sounded better. And also had no/lower cooldown. Nothing more annoying than not having it up when the boss is taking yet another break and you're about to drop GL3.

The class is pretty fun to play though, and Ravanah EX is a great training fight on how to use all your new abilities. You can forbidden like 4 or 5 times, tornado kick like 3 or 4 and you have to Form Switch like all the fucking time. Worst feeling when you focus on dodging shit then you remember you should have been meditating too though.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so hard to get bismarck ex done now. Most pf groups cant get past the chitin on the first phase. those that do, either the tanks flounder on the snakes or the dps isnt there for the last phase / someone falls off. And of course the real killer is that someone always 'has to go' after about 30 mins of attempts. Who expects to show up and learn /clear an EX in 30 mins? Then you have to start all over again with another bunch of fresh faces, and its the same cycle. seems like theres always 3-4 ravana ex farms forming but hardly any bis, and even less successful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
so hard to get bismarck ex done now. Most pf groups cant get past the chitin on the first phase. those that do, either the tanks flounder on the snakes or the dps isnt there for the last phase / someone falls off. And of course the real killer is that someone always 'has to go' after about 30 mins of attempts. Who expects to show up and learn /clear an EX in 30 mins? Then you have to start all over again with another bunch of fresh faces, and its the same cycle. seems like theres always 3-4 ravana ex farms forming but hardly any bis, and even less successful.
There aren't many bismark groups cause there isn't a point in doing it again, unlike ravanah. It's a pretty boring fight too, and you can definitely learn everything in less than 30mins provided you get past the snakes, after that it's just a matter of finding the right group, which you can see right away if you have or not(well after a few tries, some people are slow to get started). No point staying more than 30mins if people can't get past the DPS checks since well, it's probably because they're shit at the game since the DPS check is surprisingly low considering how hard people make it to be.

You should get people from your FC to help or something. In my FC, we clear people for Bismark EX every now and then, grab 5-6people who have done the fight/aren't shit players then you can carry whoeever else. Think I have 8 or 9 tokens from helping people.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So uh... I've been having some TP problems with my Bard, and then realized I never raised Lancer up to 22 for the TP refill skill. Any tips for lower leveling? Is there an easy way to PL through them?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fates and dungeons. You get good bonus xp for secondary classes after levelling your first

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So get my main to 60 first (and finish the storyline) THEN come back to secondary classes?
I'm pretty sure you get like a 50% xp increase for any class that is lower than the highest level class you have, regardless whether you've maxed it out to the level cap or not.

Unless that changed with the xpac, which I see no reason why it would.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Alexander normal now drops four items for each fight instead of two, so that is good. Also, changes to red scrips are coming next week.

From the sounds of it, collecting the scrips will be easier and the weekly cap will be raised. Still doesn't fix the fundamental problems but will at least smooth things over until it can be redesigned. At least people have found a way to reliably HQ the two star gear at min stats. It requires pentamelding but most of the materia can be level III and below.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, sub 51 is 100% armory bonus (having a higher class) while 51+ is 50% armory bonus for having a higher class.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Are there not any class/job quests post level 50?

Just got into Ishgard at 52 1/3 and went back to bard and archer trainers and nothing.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Are there not any class/job quests post level 50?

Just got into Ishgard at 52 1/3 and went back to bard and archer trainers and nothing.
That's funny, because I went back at 53 1/2 and did the 50 and 52 quests for the new skills.

misery_sl

shitlord
I've been wanting to make a character on Balmung to check the server out, but that has become an impossible task since they removed the auto-logoff feature and every fuckhead just idles in the game world while they sleep, work, etc. It's 5AM EST during the week and both Gilg and Ballsmung are full of people, mostly AFK. I want to kick myself for not making a character there when the auto-logoff feature was still around since they were both constantly open around these times, and now I'll have to wait for people to get bored of the expansion before I'm able to make a new character there. I even tried 1 minute before servers went down for maint this week, and right after they came up (yes, before the official time.) What a bunch of balls.