Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With 390 stuff moving to poetics a couple of roulettes will get you the ilvl. They also add charity ilvl pieces to old MSQs to catch you up.

I don't really get skipping the MSQ. It's the best or second best way to level. PotD and HoH might be slightly faster but are boring as shit.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
where should i server transfer so i can be in an FC with you guys? is it too late for me to do this and still play on friday?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Come to Sarg, cause you know a FoH guild in any game always falls apart.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've heard from folk who were on Levi before the last expansion hits, and they said the queues were terrible even then. I was on Malboro at the time which was basically a dead server, but now it's turned into some Euro Trash RP community I think.

Lots of people in my FC are talking about jumping to Lamia, I think? Before Friday just to get the lower queues, but I'm gonna stick to my guns and stay on Levi for the time being. If i've learned anything over the years, it's really not THAT difficult to get ahead of the average crowd and on to green empty pastures as long as you keep your pace. Esp as a Tank, and esp when those dungeon queues start to hit the MSQ.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They showed off the furnishing preview in the last live letter, it looked nice and exactly what I'd want if I had a house to decorate. With demolishions though I'm never buying a house again so until they release bigger appartments, it doesn't really concern me too much.

No real surprises in the notes, seems like everything was as expected. I guess it doesn't mention White Scrips being delayed, yet they have a screenshot showing only yellow scrips for the new quests, so not sure what's up with that. In 4.0, yellow scrips were delayed 2 weeks until normal raids. Not complaining if they do have them available right away just not sure.

I haven't been able too watch any of the Live letters just too freaking busy :/

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah bunch of new stuff. Rapid Synth III sounds like ultra garbage but might combo with another to not have 50% chance of success, and the other stuff might be useful.

I wonder if Reuse is something like a reset.

RS1 was 70% under Steady Hand II; RS2 was 80%. Likely RS3 will be 90%. Still not perfect, but good enough for most applications.

Reuse is probably a drop-in replacement for Reclaim, kind of like how Manipulation II was an easier to use replacement for Waste Not II back in Stormblood.

Delicate Synthesis is probably the synthesis version of Prudent Touch; only lowers dura by 5 per use instead of 10.

Not sure about Preparatory Touch or Intensive Synthesis. If I had to guess, Preparatory Touch might be an Innovative Touch that grants either Ingenuity or Great Strides rather than Innovation. Intensive Synthesis might be the opposite of Delicate--increased dura consumption in exchange for a higher amount of progress.

It seems like the primary way they will be increasing the difficulty of recipes in ShB is by nerfing the power of Maker's Mark+Double/Triple Piece by Piece (and more broadly, Piece and Muscle Memory in general).

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
90% means unusable in most cases as far as I'm concerned. Can use it for manual crafting MAYBE, but honestly it's generally not worth risking fucking up 2 synth in a row and getting completely fucked out of your craft because of bad RNG. You'd need to require crazy optimization to need it too, generally you're just fine using other synth tools. The only time I remember using the skills, other than for beast tribe daillies is back in ARR when manual crafting and shit was going poorly so I'd just hailmary a rapid synth with no steady to see if I could save a bunch of CP and durability.

PbP nerf might change things, it's still going to be better than using normal synths on shit since it doesn't require additional buffs like Ingenuity II, but I guess it'll depend on the values with the new craftmanship amounts and stuff. Could turn out to be obsolete since 1000progress isn't all that much I think, like currently the first synth on rakshasa is 1230 so you'd lose a substantial amount already, while a focused synth is 550(with my stats which aren't maxed). Assuming craft goes up a bunch, I think you'll get maybe 800 from focused synth, and then you'd get only 1000 for PbP, but it requires 3more CP itself AND requires steady hands I so an additional 22 split between the synths. Muscle Memory would still be the obvious starting skill on non specs(unless they add something better but it didn't look like it based on the names) but PbP might fade out of existence depending on how much you get from focused. Hell maybe one of the new synth will even beat that.

Nerfs to MaMa and Heart actions makes sense as these broke any sense of challenge if you were dedicated enough and didn't mind going 50+ actions to craft your shit. I'm glad I didn't buy too many of the delineation shit I assumed they were gonna phase them out soon.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, I took the past couple weeks mostly off to relax and level gathering jobs. Got MIN/BTN to 70, and got FSH to 68 about 30 minutes before servers went down. Tomorrow morning is going to be jam packed with everyone wanting to log in and get grinding to 80, rerolling to fuckbunnies, and all that shit. Given that RDM is mostly unchanged, I will be doing that first. Just get my daily roulettes done first, then dive into MSQ. I can hit side quests with SMN to keep that up to pace as well. Just doing MSQ, leveling, and ally raid will get you a level a day.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
haha Fuckbunnies! Out of all the races that I would want to be playable, we get playboy bunnies and EQ Next Lions. The blatant japanese sexual fantasy themes in this game just make me laugh at this point.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just realized that you should attune to all the big blue crystals in zones as you can teleport from anywhere to them /sigh (I figured they were just bindspots that your Teleport skill would take you too, so I never touched one. I mean, why reset my bindspot, I liked where it was...) Is there anything else like this that myself and other noobs could be missing out on? Like, I know the crafting leve dailies for the Serpents can be accessed from anywhere so you can see what you need to make while in town, which is nice. Been gearing up at the Serpents Company store off currency you get from the Company leve guy, and doing all public quests I come across, even syncing down for them when needed, since they give you the same.

Just farting around going back and doing all the blue quests I ignored before (not realizing they all unlock something, as opposed to normal non-MSQ shit quests), and leveling my crafts classes. Everything around 18-23 except Culinary and Fishing, which I haven't touched yet.

I'm really enjoy the ride in this game, with no real pressure to hurry up and hit max level, which is new for me. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised you don't have non-essential party spell effects turned off yet. As soon as Blizzard IV came out, I shut those off.
I need to find this option because there is so much flash on the screen during fights that I am like wtf is going on half of the time lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went back and revisited a bunch of newbie guides, tips and tricks etc. Once you've been playing the game for a bit, the zones load quicker (at least Ive noticed that on my PC) and I use the Aeth-mini network pretty extensively inside of towns. Get the software app for the one time login code so you can get a free destination aeth crystal. Plus its extra security so who cares. What server are you on OneofOne OneofOne ? I feel like we're in the same level range.. I think? I've been doing a lot of side ways progression (crafting etc.) in order to give my g/f time to level up and learn the game. So yea.. Ive been taking the game pretty leisurely myself.