Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
any links? although I really need to grab a few hours sleep here shortly.
It's being linked on the spoilers discord of The Balance and Reddit, people kinda linking a lot of random shit though so it's better to just wait for the reddit post that'll just sort all that shit properly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Emptied out most of my inventory; nothing I couldn't replace easily enough if needed with zero cash (thanks almost max gatherers/crafters) and have Mining/Botany/White Mage retainers at max. Sadly, I'm a shitty slacker so my final 4th retainer is just at 56. Discovery missions all day for that one.

Hopefully Sarg isn't a massive shit-show trying to log in tomorrow morning; really just want to see some new story and some new stuff, even though I only just caught up on the most recent batch. I -really- don't care much for Garlemald themed dungeons; just kind of makes me go "Oh and here's a war piece. Greeeeeaaaaaattt."

I honestly don't know, but is there a cross server, cross data center linkshell option? Wouldn't mind listening to everyone's exploits as they move forward. I'm on Aether (I think) so probably localized there, but would be neat if there was something all of ye olde FoHforumers could be in on.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m on aether as well. Aren’t they doing cross server linkshells on the same data center? My server is brynhildr, wish I had transferred when the free ones were happening but didn’t.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just killing time for a couple more hours until the patch is supposed to be done. Downloaded 7G new client. Tick tock motherfuckers. Tick tock!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’m on aether as well. Aren’t they doing cross server linkshells on the same data center? My server is brynhildr, wish I had transferred when the free ones were happening but didn’t.
Cross server linkshells within the same datacenter yes, already existed, they now increased them to 8 like normal ilnkshells. Nothing like Rezz Rezz suggested as far as cross datacenter stuff though, everything is limited to datacenters other than server transfers.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Someone posted rough locations for aether currents :

It also spoilers the previously unknown name of the 6th zone.

I've saved the maps so I'll post them if that disappears for any reason.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The issues with a HTTPS launcher are still apparent. Although if you're in the first 1000 (they let in bunches of 100 at a time) then you're better off than some people.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
1096 queue at 5am already. Going to ugly later, and on official launch day. :)

It was to be expected though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Launcher had a couple of hiccups for me(crashed right away when servers came up, then was laggy), got in first time then 2002 login server errror shit while ingame, back to launcher, then got in after a couple more launcher crashes and now in queue, started at 1700 but going down pretty fast, they're just queuing people to slow down logins atm like they always do when servers come up so it's going 100+ppl at a time whenever they update the numbers. Down to 600, so soon...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why is there so many no life losers that are up in middle of the night to play a game, shouldn't they be sleeping. :rolleyes:

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
1,100+ for Adamantoise, also had the launcher be completely unresponsive when I tried getting in the first couple times. I just restarted it a couple times and it worked.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
1071 on Zalera. But moving briskly. Watching tv in a browser while I wait. Should be at work, but my back went out yesterday, so I am in pain. Sadly not joking. But silver linings and shit.