Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Nice! But my crafters are crying at your capped gemstones :/ Did you spend them along the way or am I gonna keep crying?

I mostly bought minions and Orchestrion Rolls. I capped again when I had 8 FATEs left and I was saving up for something that cost like 400 so i figured I would just hold until I finished.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the best thing to spend poetics on? I think I flushed out the 70 gear I needed for alt classes, what's selling well on the market board?

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dancer goes from easiest class to play to having the most insane burst window with technical step + saving 4 fans + flourish + saber. Fun class to play!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love the Dancer, but it so much proc based that I feel I'm spending more time watching my hotbars than what's happening on screen.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Server camping for the purpose of new char creation is the hardest game I have played in years.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Server camping for the purpose of new char creation is the hardest game I have played in years.

Yeah, SE is being pants-on-head retarded about this. For most of the day, every day since the expansion launch, character creation has been locked on ALL North American servers.

eed30bf2c2.png

AFAIK, they have yet to address this problem. Meanwhile, this is still up in Times Square:

w1v9a3lgbi831.jpg

Not to mention the ARR MSQs are still tragically terrible. Do they actually want new players to play this game? Or just returners?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, SE is being pants-on-head retarded about this. For most of the day, every day since the expansion launch, character creation has been locked on ALL North American servers.

eed30bf2c2.png

AFAIK, they have yet to address this problem. Meanwhile, this is still up in Times Square:

w1v9a3lgbi831.jpg

Not to mention the ARR MSQs are still tragically terrible. Do they actually want new players to play this game? Or just returners?
Servers for new players? Locked all day :D

CecilHarvey

Trakanon Raider
How do you guys go about finding your EX Titania groups or any EX for that matter. Been working on her for 5 days now and seen enrage many many times and it's getting frustrating.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Make your own parties in PF. Be upfront with group expectations. Unapologetically boot anyone who doesn't perform. Add good people to friends list and start a linkshell with people you know you can rely on. Over time, you'll have a network of decent players to help you bypass PuG shitters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally got to really play for a good 3 hours. Hit 72 and did the first dungeon. Definite ramp up in difficulty but nothing too hard. WoW bosses ain't like that though

khorum

Murder Apologist
How do you guys go about finding your EX Titania groups or any EX for that matter. Been working on her for 5 days now and seen enrage many many times and it's getting frustrating.

Just use the PF, not the duty finder since that'll take forever. If you can find a friend that'll get you the clear that'll make getting into farm groups much easier.

It's pretty grindy but it's more rewarding if you have multiple jobs near 80 I suppose. I bought my WHM weapon with tokens but I got the SCH, SAM and MCH weapons just rolling greed while farming the tokens. Lost the roll on like 4 canes.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I saw Dancer I thought that it was not for me at all. Tried it yesterday and yea this playstyle is more to my liking than RDM/Sam. Maybe a little too much hotbar watching but it feels fluid.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
ACT is the only available parser, there are various skins though for overlays like the one above. Functionality there isn't much difference between the overlays.

-Can upload ACT logs to fflogs
-Can take fflogs and put them into xivanalysis.com for cliff notes report.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks Fennin I'll look into this.

And no, I'm not the kinda ass who yells at people, but rather tries to offer help. Regardless, I'm a noob, and just wanna see how I stack up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry, I just mean be careful. Technically it's illegal but se doesn't care really. However if you talk to a player about their performance and reference ACT they can report you and get.your ass sacked.