Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess that sorta makes sense, although the original BA is still done by people that organize runs, crazy enough. Once everything is done in X.5, there's always a lot of time for people to run that you'd think.
Yeah don't know exactly why it's like this, they might have more stuff in 5.5 hard to say. Bozjan grind fucking sucks though, I'm catching up slowly but the 12+ mettle reqs are fucking stupid, takes way too long to rank up, which I guess is more in line with what they did with Eureka but it's also the same FATEs/CEs the entire way, while Eureka at least you changed areas every now and then.

Also started the potd/hoh solo challenge stuff. So far I died twice in potd at 130ish and 160ish, worst part is how fucking long it takes to get back to the "good" floors, even going fast it's like 3hours for 1-100(well more like 2 if you're speedrunning this shit but I'm not at that level just yet) and then another 3 for 100-150, and you have to be somewhat focused the entire time. HoH I wiped on 60 my first run, now up to 80. Have a decent shot on this run but I'll see tomorrow, bad RNG might kill it as I'm not full on poms(had to burn a bunch of shit due to some fuckery). HoH at least doesn't take too long. I was hoping to get these done before BLU update but kinda expected the update to be 2weeks later.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah don't know exactly why it's like this, they might have more stuff in 5.5 hard to say. Bozjan grind fucking sucks though, I'm catching up slowly but the 12+ mettle reqs are fucking stupid, takes way too long to rank up, which I guess is more in line with what they did with Eureka but it's also the same FATEs/CEs the entire way, while Eureka at least you changed areas every now and then.

Also started the potd/hoh solo challenge stuff. So far I died twice in potd at 130ish and 160ish, worst part is how fucking long it takes to get back to the "good" floors, even going fast it's like 3hours for 1-100(well more like 2 if you're speedrunning this shit but I'm not at that level just yet) and then another 3 for 100-150, and you have to be somewhat focused the entire time. HoH I wiped on 60 my first run, now up to 80. Have a decent shot on this run but I'll see tomorrow, bad RNG might kill it as I'm not full on poms(had to burn a bunch of shit due to some fuckery). HoH at least doesn't take too long. I was hoping to get these done before BLU update but kinda expected the update to be 2weeks later.

I got up to mettle 13 fairly easily when it first was released, haven't been on as much and not in there when I have been to finish it off, though. Are there less players in there to spawn as many fates nowadays? It was a bit grindy for sure, but this is all pre nerfs/catch up mechanics if they add any...can imagine Pagos before they made it easier felt worse to level in than hitting mettle 15.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got up to mettle 13 fairly easily when it first was released, haven't been on as much and not in there when I have been to finish it off, though. Are there less players in there to spawn as many fates nowadays? It was a bit grindy for sure, but this is all pre nerfs/catch up mechanics if they add any...can imagine Pagos before they made it easier felt worse to level in than hitting mettle 15.
It's just boring as fuck I think, it's not longer than Eureka, not anywhere close, but doing the same shit the whole way feels terrible. The 12+ definitely slows down, needed 90k I think for 13, then 110k for 14 and I assume around 130-140k for 15, and you get like ~2-3k per fate(well it scales with your level but that's the average), with CEs giving more but depends on which too. It's not THAT bad just the usual boring stuff, it was going pretty fast until then I think they could have just kept the fast leveling instead of slowing it down a shit ton for the last few levels.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I hit Rank 15 in about 6hours(Over a few days), was grinding out hoping to catch the last solo-engagement I need to get the "Sword of the South"..

Danlief engagement rarely spawns anymore, I don't know if it's cause not as many people are grinding the mobs anymore or what, but it's becoming really annoying.

My favorite though was when I think the bozja instance server almost crashed, we had a point were 0 fates spawned for like an hour, and just started plowing the whole zone(got my Construct mount from this rofl). Then all the sudden every single fate popped at once.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's just boring as fuck I think, it's not longer than Eureka, not anywhere close, but doing the same shit the whole way feels terrible. The 12+ definitely slows down, needed 90k I think for 13, then 110k for 14 and I assume around 130-140k for 15, and you get like ~2-3k per fate(well it scales with your level but that's the average), with CEs giving more but depends on which too. It's not THAT bad just the usual boring stuff, it was going pretty fast until then I think they could have just kept the fast leveling instead of slowing it down a shit ton for the last few levels.

That's fair, I'd just heard people had grinded it fairly quickly and I did it semi casually but I do have the longest 2 left to do, obviously. Maybe it's b/c we did the whole fate grind thing in Eureka already that it seems so repetitive.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Last level is 280k btw, not ~150k like I expected, that's an even bigger jump. FATEs give like 4-5k average, so that's about 70 of them give or take a few for the CEs you clear(but any death is -1500), which is still a substantial amount of time if you count 2-3mins per FATE.

I fucking failed my first duel fate thing which sucks, was the robot one, he did the purple poo missile shit before the previous 2 disapeared so I kinda dropped it close to another row, and then when he did the push into tower, he spawned a tower right on the edge of the poo, should have surecast and walked into the edge to be safe but didn't think fast enough, got pushed into the purple, died, autorezed, died instantly again(no immunity on that rez I guess which fucking sucks). Was at like 20% and an easy win if I didn't fuck that one up which sucks, oh well it's just a title and some boxes anyway.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Last level is 280k btw, not ~150k like I expected, that's an even bigger jump. FATEs give like 4-5k average, so that's about 70 of them give or take a few for the CEs you clear(but any death is -1500), which is still a substantial amount of time if you count 2-3mins per FATE.

I fucking failed my first duel fate thing which sucks, was the robot one, he did the purple poo missile shit before the previous 2 disapeared so I kinda dropped it close to another row, and then when he did the push into tower, he spawned a tower right on the edge of the poo, should have surecast and walked into the edge to be safe but didn't think fast enough, got pushed into the purple, died, autorezed, died instantly again(no immunity on that rez I guess which fucking sucks). Was at like 20% and an easy win if I didn't fuck that one up which sucks, oh well it's just a title and some boxes anyway.

Ya you gotta keep thoose electric fields as far from inner circle as you can, I really hated how long they lasted only took me 2-try's to nail the bastard.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ya you gotta keep thoose electric fields as far from inner circle as you can, I really hated how long they lasted only took me 2-try's to nail the bastard.
Yeah now I'd probably drop them more on the edge or get ready to surecast(but if he towers twice on the purple poop that's gonna be a death again so eh). Sucks cause it was a dead instance, was the only one who had access, when usually it's like 1/15 chance to get it. Almost had to lose 15k mettle after but some random lowbie was also in the instance, only guy left, sent him a tell to rez me and he came. I'll probably try to keep doing it at 4-5AM though when no one is here. Other fights I rarely see the FATEs for them go up, the fire one doesn't look all that bad but Lyon looks fucking annoying, have to know the patterns cause it's a fucking visual clusterfuck with the "wave" aoes shit.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah now I'd probably drop them more on the edge or get ready to surecast(but if he towers twice on the purple poop that's gonna be a death again so eh). Sucks cause it was a dead instance, was the only one who had access, when usually it's like 1/15 chance to get it. Almost had to lose 15k mettle after but some random lowbie was also in the instance, only guy left, sent him a tell to rez me and he came. I'll probably try to keep doing it at 4-5AM though when no one is here. Other fights I rarely see the FATEs for them go up, the fire one doesn't look all that bad but Lyon looks fucking annoying, have to know the patterns cause it's a fucking visual clusterfuck with the "wave" aoes shit.

Lyons isn't too bad 1 tip for him is he has a "misdirection" stun(basically makes inputs reverse), and he'll always jump away from you to the otherside of the arena and use some hefty as AoE that covers a large area. Other then that he's basically Titan on a smaller scale lol.

Savo thou I haven't fought at all, like I said Dainlief isn't spawning maybe after the 2nd things will pick back up again, but I've been spending an hour/night in there trying to get the damn engagement.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So they fucked up with the next round of Relics ..

man why grrr the whole 2nd stage of it requires 0 bozja but shit tons of Void Ark/Return to Ivalice raids WTF.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The drop rate of loathsome memories is an absolute joke from CE's. took me almost 2 hours to get 1, hoping that's a bug. Guess i'll be running Labyrinth FORTEEN TIMES to finish this. Why they didn't tie it into Castrum as an alternative is beyond me, I haven't seen a full raid since the first few days it came out.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The drop rate of loathsome memories is an absolute joke from CE's. took me almost 2 hours to get 1, hoping that's a bug. Guess i'll be running Labyrinth FORTEEN TIMES to finish this. Why they didn't tie it into Castrum as an alternative is beyond me, I haven't seen a full raid since the first few days it came out.

I got the last 13 I needed after topping my mettle back off from the new raid, from Sycrus Tower it's about 10x faster then Ancient Lab/WoD over all, we got it down too about 15min near the end of the night cause you're just running a line straight up the tower.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I got the last 13 I needed after topping my mettle back off from the new raid, from Sycrus Tower it's about 10x faster then Ancient Lab/WoD over all, we got it down too about 15min near the end of the night cause you're just running a line straight up the tower.

Good call. Sycrus it is than, thanks.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
A blast from the past, makes a return at the Masked Carnivale huzzah
EtP_Us6XUAIcTXx.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good call. Sycrus it is than, thanks.
Yeah just like the other steps, it's generally much better outside, although for the other 2 steps you could farm memories at a decent pace inside IF you made a cluster party(the droprate from fates was absolute ass, I didn't even get 20/20/20 farming from 1 to 15).

Sucks you can't queue with DF with BLU though, since current BLU is overpowered as fuck compared to normal classes in synced content so it'd be perfect for these old alliance raids. My BLU at 70 unsynced is almost as strong as my 80 near max ilvl chars, shit's pretty wild.

This BLU update was great, not only did they add a fair bit of power again to the class(new primal oGCDs and some new GCDs that do ~400potency with cooldowns), they also added cool solo tools, first for leveling/doing FATEs you get Choco Meteor, a spammable aoe that does 300potency if you have your chocobo with you but then the most surprising one, Basic Instinct, which grants perma sprint speed(including in combat), 100%more damage and healing potency and ignore the Mighty Guard damage reduction penalty(so you get the defense for free) as long as you're solo in group content(dungeons, raids, trials and alliance).

That shit's great for soloing old content, makes BLU actually much better than most other classes. You can literally one shot Twintania or Nael as well as several of the old primals with a propped up Final Sting and a crit(and you can one shot them if you soften them up a bit first), so you literally skip the whole fight and don't have to suffer some of the longer breaks. I farmed Nael in 15secs and Twin in 30(have to run to the fight first) for example, which is super cool and feel like what BLU should have been from the start. You can also solo synced dungeons if you want to learn spells on your own, a few might be undoable due to multi player forced mechanics, but most work just fine. I did Ala Mhigo solo to test(in case the mount dropped) and it only took 26mins solo, which is a very reasonable time, similar to Trust times.

Meanwhile BLU groups are busted as fuck, you can more or less instant death every trash pack with the new Ultravibration(besides Temple of the Fist which is the one dungeon where everything is immune to every fucking status for some reason), so dungeon clears take like 7-8mins for the log, very easy to complete everything.

Now at least the restrictions make sense, the class is very strong and clowns the old content. Just wish they let us use it in Eureka, would make farming more relics and shit a lot less annyoing. Having a special solo only version of potd/hoh for BLU would be great too, would get people interested in soloing these on normal classes. Although BLU would absolutely tear these apart(especially since there's now a spell that does 500potency vs undead, so those undead floors would fucking melt).

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meanwhile BLU groups are busted as fuck, you can more or less instant death every trash pack with the new Ultravibration(besides Temple of the Fist which is the one dungeon where everything is immune to every fucking status for some reason), so dungeon clears take like 7-8mins for the log, very easy to complete everything.
Best spell ever. Level 5 Death is what we had to use in Temple of the Fist until the ghosts, but boy was it a shocker when Ram's Voice finally failed to work on anything. lol
Either way, the BLU update was everything I hoped for: several hours of murdering mobs and bosses to get cool spells. I'm still a little surprised we didn't get Flare/Holy from Gogo, though.

Cybsled

A blast from the past, makes a return at the Masked Carnivale huzzah

Is that Gogo???

On a side note, seems like SquareEnix clamped down on whatever the leak was for Shadowbringers. I haven't seen anything substantial for what will be revealed, just speculation from the community. Less than 2 days to go