Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or is it a good idea to level a Pug to 12 first no matter what your actual class is just for Second Wind (15% personal heal on 120s CD) and Internal Release (20% crit for 20s on 80s CD)? Internal Release seems especially good.
Second Wind was most likely nerfed; it was changed to be a heal with potency that is based on your attack power. It should still be good with the Third Wind passive that pugilists get, but for other classes it's probably going to be weaker than it was.

Internal Release is very good though. It definitely works with nukes, and I think with heals too. It's a 15s buff with a 60s CD though, not 20/80.

Has someone figured out all the job class prerequisites for P4? I know they are changing them from P3 and prior. Like Black Mage is no longer THM and PGL. Have all the new job requirements been confirmed anywhere or do we have to wait and see?
BLM is definitely ARC and ACN. What we don't know is if the BLM job quest requires ARC or ACN (or both) at 15 to begin.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does anyone know how to recover an account if you lost what email you used? My brother is a dumbass and has 60 email addresses and doesn't remember which he used..... >_>;

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is it just me or is it a good idea to level a Pug to 12 first no matter what your actual class is just for Second Wind (15% personal heal on 120s CD) and Internal Release (20% crit for 20s on 80s CD)? Internal Release seems especially good.
Ya, I chose my class based on looking at an abilities list - and that ability seemed pretty op haha. Having some second thoughts on pugilist though - not sure how much I want to stance dance another MMO. This weekend will be my first experience with a FF MMO, looking forward to it. Wish though, that there was another agility class other than Archer/Pugilist. Casters have 3 and Strength has 3... sure they'll add another one at some point.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ya, I chose my class based on looking at an abilities list - and that ability seemed pretty op haha. Having some second thoughts on pugilist though - not sure how much I want to stance dance another MMO. This weekend will be my first experience with a FF MMO, looking forward to it. Wish though, that there was another agility class other than Archer/Pugilist. Casters have 3 and Strength has 3... sure they'll add another one at some point.
Musketeers are coming
smile.png

Vorph

BRD = ARC + CNJ + LNC
BLM = THM + ACN + ARC
DRG = LNC + MRD + PUG
MNK = PUG + LNC + MRD
PLD = GLD + CNJ + MRD
SCH/SUM = ACN + CNJ + THM
WAR = MRD + PUG + GLD
WHM = CNJ + ACN + THM

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's 3? I thought it was just job + 2 classes(IE Bard + Archer + Puglist).
Job isn't a class, it's Job/Mainclass(so archer), subclass(CNJ I believe it used to be but think they're changing that) and one more(which I have no idea what it is but let's say pugilist). So yeah it's not just main+sub, there's one more everytime, the exact combos will be datamined and posted soon, basically you can tell from the classes able to use the skills which is written in the tooltip so it's not very hard to figure.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah ok. Very interesting. Since I will probably being going BLM. Getting the 20% dmg increase and the 10% crit from Archer asap is probably good idea(which thankfully is only level 4). If archer is one of them I guess.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, better not let Sean steal that name and then roll a Lancer.
Well, I think I'm going to stick with Sterling Archer, but I am going to start with a Lancer this beta phase to try it out since I haven't yet. Not sure which I'll pick in the end (and Archer/Lancer both use each other's abilities anyways, so not a waste to level either).

The obvious choice though would be Musketeer, too bad that's not in.

Vorph

Yeah, that was a typo. I was doing it from memory and got DRG and BRD partly mixed up.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Goddamnit people, now I'm interested in trying this at launch. The good news is I found it for 22.50$ at Green Man Gaming (Coupon code GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H, think it expires soon). I'm no shill, so if anyone finds it cheaper let me know :p

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there anyway to patch early for Phase 4 if you don't have prior beta access? It appears that I can't, even with the launcher installed...