Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ok so seemed to work this time , no error 3 , got NAAU code , link to a page to enter that 20 character code , said it did it successfully , showed the preorder items etc on the page , all just now.
But zero emails and my SE account just shows the same FFXIV beta with no new info or dates or anything , so that mean it didn't go through even if web page said it did ?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Finally got my code to register (through Chrome - after trying Firefox and IE) after following this tip:

Error 3 FIX Submitted by Kaayl this has worked now for a number of folks
"What finally worked for me was editing my profile settings. Basically, after going to the pre-order code entry site and picking your language, it asks you to log in. After you log in (you may need to fill in some information) it'll take you to the code entry page.
Instead of entering the code, I clicked my newly chosen handle in the upper right corner of the page. That displayed a drop down, and I clicked the "My Profile" option. That took me to the profile details page.
I filled in the information there and noticed that my language was set to English (UK). I changed that to English (US), saved my information, went back to the pre-order page, and was able to enter in my code without any problems."

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
What concerns me besides the SE account showing nothing about early access , just the original FFXIV stuff that's been there since beta , is the web pages all acted like everything was registered correctly and applied , but specifically said I'd get an email saying so too.

Does anyone's SE account page say anything specifically about early access ? And anyone had delays in getting email confirmation ? Normally would just assume was good to go since web page registration worked , but this whole fiasco has me with little faith in their account system.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't get an email, and I'm pretty sure there are a crap ton of other people who didn't either. I'm just going to assume it's good.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Little question, does anyone know if mounts scale with character size? I noticed in the benchmark that the lalafells were on little tiny chocobos, which would be a bummer for me.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone that ordered the NA version from GMG successfully generated a NA key? Did anyones email point you to the .na site?
I ordered yesterday and successfully received an email within an hour with my 18 key code. I entered that today and received my NA RAAU 20 digit code.

where do i enter that?

edit: the original GMG email linked me to the eu site but i just clicked on the NA one via these forums and entered it there

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Finally got my code to register (through Chrome - after trying Firefox and IE) after following this tip:
Not sure if it was this tip or just the timing but I registered successfully without any issues doing this.
Gave me the code and the game now appears under my profile.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Hunters log is not incorrect it's just mobs can be found in multiple zones. So it recommends on area doesn't mean you can't find them in other locals as well. It's a HUNTERS log not a give me exact location of this mob on all maps log.
No, in many cases it is flat out incorrect - not 'this 'area' is bigger than it looks' or 'it might show up there and somewhere else as well', but having the creatures you need directly under a different area marker on the opposite side of the zone. On the bright side, at least I didn't find any that weren't in the same zone ;p

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The email they are talking about hasn't gone out yet, it has your actual game key. Not to be confused with the key they gave you to get your preorder key, but another key that you'll probably have to input somewhere to get your real key to input somewhere else for some fucking reason. And I'm still wondering what happened to my first squaresoft account, not to be confused with my square-enix id, that I had to log in with one time and haven't used again since. Hilariously, it's tied to a different email and has more stringent password requirements.

I was going to wait to order but then I realized I would be missing out on a giant convoluted mess to make fun of for years to come. And why waste a 25% discount.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The email they are talking about hasn't gone out yet, it has your actual game key. Not to be confused with the key they gave you to get your preorder key, but another key that you'll probably have to input somewhere to get your real key to input somewhere else for some fucking reason. And I'm still wondering what happened to my first squaresoft account, not to be confused with my square-enix id, that I had to log in with one time and haven't used again since. Hilariously, it's tied to a different email and has more stringent password requirements for extra fun.

I was going to wait to order but then I realized I would be missing out on a giant convoluted mess to make fun of for years to come.
What class you going to play btw?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If i log on towww.square-enix.com(choose USA, etc) and then load the preorder.na site in another tab, if i click profile it redirects to eu.square-enix.com.

If i log out ofwww.square-enix.com, go to the preorder.na site, login there, my profile link goes to na.square-enix.com

At both times (When it redirects profile to EU and also when it redirects to NA) it gives me an EU key.

Son of a bitch.

The javascript has something fishy in it as well. One of the devs left some console.log() statements in there, and one of the objects contains: message: "Code already registered by the user"

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
Little question, does anyone know if mounts scale with character size? I noticed in the benchmark that the lalafells were on little tiny chocobos, which would be a bummer for me.
I did Lalafell in phase 3. The Chocobo was smaller than those used by larger characters.

Artifa

N00b
Nija, try clicking on your account name in the top right, going to settings, and changing your language from English (UK) to English (US). This worked for me.

No, in many cases it is flat out incorrect - not 'this 'area' is bigger than it looks' or 'it might show up there and somewhere else as well', but having the creatures you need directly under a different area marker on the opposite side of the zone. On the bright side, at least I didn't find any that weren't in the same zone ;p
If you read what the other person had explained, they were correct. While the map may show 15-20 names of places, the zone itself is actually only split into possibly 4-5 sub-areas. The mob you are looking for is literally in the section it says it's in, the sections themselves are just way larger. Even though it says another name right above where you are, if you find the monsters and check your map it will actually show you are in the sub-area that the log says.