Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reaper has a feature where they become an avatar for a void creature, so I assume that will be their resource meter ability. Otherwise just melee attacks. They didn’t dive too deep and they also didn’t preview other new class abilities, so I assume that is all still being worked on
Yeah, the void creature think made me think of summoner with its final summons that are basically it's meter.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
It was on so late last night, I had to go to bed

Also, fucking LOL at the La Hee part

Soken is an absolute madman and I have no idea how Keiko kept it together during that whole song. They must have done some rehearsals of it before hand, otherwise she has the patience of a saint to get through that whole bit without laughing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Well my relic weapon quest ended just now. I'm just not invested enough to warrant doing 36 alliance raids then 15 of that god awful dungeon you lose mettle in. And grinding PoTD is a bit boring. My MMO grinding days are long over, will just wrap up the MSQ for now then probably paus the sub.
The alliance souls were mind melting. Toward the end of doing dr. Everyone was half asking. I did a raid tankjng with no healers in group. I was healing with lost actions

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well my relic weapon quest ended just now. I'm just not invested enough to warrant doing 36 alliance raids then 15 of that god awful dungeon you lose mettle in. And grinding PoTD is a bit boring. My MMO grinding days are long over, will just wrap up the MSQ for now then probably paus the sub.

I don't lose mettle in there, actually hit rank 14 and 15 from doing my relic runs in DR. Once you've seen the fights, should rarely if ever die, and they award you mettle at the end that more than makes up for all of it.

The 36 alliance raids did kind of suck, but once it is done, you never have to do it again at least.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
LOL thats some guitar nerdery. Limit break button on a fender.
Jesus aussie bucxks are oof. ~$3500 guitar us

triple edit. ingame models and performance mode too

Last edited:

Cybsled

When he showed the housing item guitar, it showed other housing items. The spiral staircase caught my eye, looks nice

Cybsled

What the heck was that final comment about a "final goodbye" to the characters?

Are they doing a full fucking reset for 6.1???

Malakriss

What the heck was that final comment about a "final goodbye" to the characters?

Are they doing a full fucking reset for 6.1???
Alternate Universe? Young hip college Y'shtola while the twins are the elders of the group?

Cybsled

Honestly I think that because this ends the Zodiark and Hyd storyline, something happens to the WoL since we are technically an Ascian. Maybe we "die" and there is a time skip and we get restored later. Scions have gone their separate ways in the meantime.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
WOL is going to merge all 14 souls and become a true Ascian after Zodiark and Hydaelyn fuck off into oblivion.

Aazrael

Regarding the Relic journey, I'll just keep the quest open and get fragments whenever I do a raid. Hope they nerf it some for us lazy bois.

From one weapon to another, is there a similar type of weapon for Monks in FFXIV as in EQ, the Knuckle Dusters. They were my favourite weapon look when I played monk in the EQ days. Picture for reference.

224fdfe970a24d23b2552fe054072a24.jpg

Cybsled

From one weapon to another, is there a similar type of weapon for Monks in FFXIV as in EQ, the Knuckle Dusters. They were my favourite weapon look when I played monk in the EQ days. Picture for reference.

There are a few knuckle duster looking weapons. These crafted ones are purple lightning knuckle dusters basically. There are others as well, but I can't recall the specific item.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I couldn't stay up to watch it, so I watched the saved Primals concert. Was great, but I was surprised to learn at the end that Soken had cancer and was currently in remission. Yoshi P got really emotional :( They had kept it secret from most of the team.

He actually wrote the final boss song in 5.3 while in the hospital

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
The translator fella could barely keep it together at points. That's pretty wild, working while in the hospital during chemo treatments. That takes strength on it's own...

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
The translator fella could barely keep it together at points. That's pretty wild, working while in the hospital during chemo treatments. That takes strength on it's own...

The translator for this part was Michael Koji Fox, member of the localization team and band member of the Primals with Soken, so you can guess they are pretty close.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users