Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd be afraid to play a Healer right now, its usually much easier than what you're probably experiencing right now. Whenever I tank a roulette and got a low lvl dungeon, the group would be mostly raid or token gear except for that one low lvl in the group. If it was the healer, I would just pull slowly at first and build up bigger and bigger pulls as I went to see how the healer fairs. But now, you have entire groups of people that can possibly have shit gear and not know how to even play their class. Shit would be much more challenging from that perspective.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I think I just grouped with my first bot? It was in a dungeon and it was a non sprout tank that did not turn tank stance on, immediately charged into the first pack, and basically just auto attacked. I was healing and kept getting agro, as did the dps, and we literally all asked him to please turn tank stance on. We asked really nicely and explained what it was, but again, this was not a sprout. He didn't skip a beat and just kept going forward, 1 pack at a time. So finally we just didn't follow him and let him walk into a pack and die. We tried asking him again, if he was indeed a human being, and he didn't respond, nor did he release for a few minutes with us just standing there, waiting for him to respond, before we kicked.

wtf?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I think I just grouped with my first bot? It was in a dungeon and it was a non sprout tank that did not turn tank stance on, immediately charged into the first pack, and basically just auto attacked. I was healing and kept getting agro, as did the dps, and we literally all asked him to please turn tank stance on. We asked really nicely and explained what it was, but again, this was not a sprout. He didn't skip a beat and just kept going forward, 1 pack at a time. So finally we just didn't follow him and let him walk into a pack and die. We tried asking him again, if he was indeed a human being, and he didn't respond, nor did he release for a few minutes with us just standing there, waiting for him to respond, before we kicked.

wtf?
Could be. Always saw a few of them when I'd run endless dungeons too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'd be afraid to play a Healer right now, its usually much easier than what you're probably experiencing right now. Whenever I tank a roulette and got a low lvl dungeon, the group would be mostly raid or token gear except for that one low lvl in the group. If it was the healer, I would just pull slowly at first and build up bigger and bigger pulls as I went to see how the healer fairs. But now, you have entire groups of people that can possibly have shit gear and not know how to even play their class. Shit would be much more challenging from that perspective.
I did Keeper of the Lake a few times as Tank and Healer before the WoW exodus and it was really quick and smooth. I'd forgotten the tactics so the first time was furiously googling what do to.

I did it as a Red Mage a few days ago and everyone was spouts. 2-3 players in every levelling group now is spouts. Took twice the time and the last boss was a clusterfuck of bad positoning.

I said to my non gamer wife "What do dragons do?" And "How would you posistion a dragon" and she came back right away with "breathes fire, point it away from everyone else".

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I did Keeper of the Lake a few times as Tank and Healer before the WoW exodus and it was really quick and smooth. I'd forgotten the tactics so the first time was furiously googling what do to.

I did it as a Red Mage a few days ago and everyone was spouts. 2-3 players in every levelling group now is spouts. Took twice the time and the last boss was a clusterfuck of bad positoning.

I said to my non gamer wife "What do dragons do?" And "How would you posistion a dragon" and she came back right away with "breathes fire, point it away from everyone else".
yeah I don't get this. That's wow 101.

Aazrael

Finished my first Relic weapon ever in this game. Did it for my DNC because thats the Job I can play really well (easy mode). Will do another one for DRK then I think I'm good for these. The older Relics look way cooler.

ffxivdnc.png

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
After I finish the 500 weapon from Gangos, what do I do to start the next part? Do I need more resistance rank first or something else? The guy there only is giving me repeat quests to make other job weapons now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm. Yeah this was just a regular level 50 dungeon. So weird.
Maybe a gold farming bot that got lost, they farm 50dungeons for money usually, possible they got out of their parties and queued automatically. That said there's definitely a few bots that people can buy for leveling and what not, the usual shit, don't see many ppl using them but I'm sure it happens and will happen more when there's more people playing.

Aazrael

After I finish the 500 weapon from Gangos, what do I do to start the next part? Do I need more resistance rank first or something else? The guy there only is giving me repeat quests to make other job weapons now.
Think you need to finish the quest line inside the resistance zone. Save the Queen or whatever.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman

Yeah you need to progress the Bozja storyline, new relic steps are tied to it.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm looks like a new flare, maybe it's just the un-nerfed flare with a shiny new boom.. more curios what were gonna get for Ice phase vs Fire but cool. DRK using hades animations is really cool.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, looks more like a Fire V than a new Flare to me. No need for more flares or fouls. I think maybe it'll be a new Fire that you cast right before or after Despair, before going back into Umbral Ice.