Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just got all crafters except fishing to lv51 via Ishgard Restoration and I've probably got the mats to get them to lv60 once I have better gear.

What the fuck, the job quests are taking WAY longer than levelling up, just starting the lv45 quests.

I have no gil so I'm manually gathering and crafting mostly everything :/

Do you have gathering retainers at all? Real easy to stack up some mats if you have a couple and ventures to use. Can't remember if they changed the class exp at all, but I remember the crafting/gathering quests being very good exp during the SB expansion so they were worth keeping up on/doing as soon as you could.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's painful to do alchemist and leatherworker because they require monster drops, while almost all other classes just require you to go out and grab shit with miner/botanist/fisher (and fisher only for like a couple of things in cooking). Retainers can make those specific classes dramatically easier.

Really, if you've not dropped money each xpac doing xpac things in gathering and are just leveling now, you should have tons of money. Just go buy whatever mats you need if you don't want to gather haha. If you've spent money on like... exarchic stuff (current endgame crafted) then you may be brokeish so yeah, gatherers ahoy. Very little should actually be a pain, minus getting like darksteel ingots/other "rare" gathered. And I would say to make your life easier, check out one of the rare spawn sites (FFXIV Clock) has always been my goto, and just farm up the things you need if you don't want to spend money. And if you do that -and- have like miner/botanist (fisher is.. it's own thing) you can then send retainers out to gather said rare things.

edit - I will say, the nature of the game only really requiring the single character, it makes it easy to take the "lighter" initial cost account deal that only allows 1 per server (or datacenter, can't even remember) and grab a couple extra retainers and it ends up still being 15 a month. Make one a botanist, the other a miner, and then whatever is your highest combat class for the others (can mix it up but that just means more equipping etc since you tend to get extra for other stuff but only one real set for your main). Leveling can take a minute (you'll need to level those retainers over time, and the gatherer ones won't be able to go for shit you haven't gatherered) but they pay off massively in the end.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Got the 3rd part (Nothung) today after 2 days. Poetics stack up quite fast when doing roulettes and new players giving bonus Poetics. So getting 350*5 should not take overly long. Will go back and forth with this relic and the Resistance one for DRK, still need 9 Timeworn artifacts for that one and I refuse to run the raid any more because I suck at it.

Should be able to buy previous steps as cosmetic items right?
Yeah you’ll be able to get the previous steps later.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I'm poor because of Exarchic so I'm going to craft that stuff for my alt jobs myself hopefully.

Do you have gathering retainers at all? Real easy to stack up some mats if you have a couple and ventures to use. Can't remember if they changed the class exp at all, but I remember the crafting/gathering quests being very good exp during the SB expansion so they were worth keeping up on/doing as soon as you could.
Yeah but they just bring back 1 thing, I guess I need to keep levelling and gearing them.

They are good exp, but when Ishgard is 1-2 spammable crafts per level and all the mats are from the same place... it doesn't compare well. But I gotta do it for the tools and eventually I assume the lv80 ability.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Some folks saying he was very...negative and didn't really try. Like he boosted, played a class he never tried. Didn't understand the kelidosxope of markers and got mad.

Its okay for folks to not like it tho, it just seems some think he did it as a stunt.

How bad he getting it? Heh
image0.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm poor because of Exarchic so I'm going to craft that stuff for my alt jobs myself hopefully.

Yeah but they just bring back 1 thing, I guess I need to keep levelling and gearing them.

They are good exp, but when Ishgard is 1-2 spammable crafts per level and all the mats are from the same place... it doesn't compare well. But I gotta do it for the tools and eventually I assume the lv80 ability.

You get "Trained Eye" as soon as you hit 80, which is the OP Ability.

The only class quest stuff for DoL/DoH at 80, is the crystalline mean quest lines(And the Skysteel stuff, I wouldn't even look at the Resplendent tools they are just a headache and not worth the 300+ Expert Crafts you have too do), which is just a story about the crystarium in it's self(Kinda like the 4 Virtues for Disciples of Magic/War.)

Malakriss

For gathering there's an achievement to collecting all the botany/mining items at least once and it rewards you with tools better than crafted with 3 guaranteed materia slots. The reality is you have no need to do the insane amount of work for the resplendent tools they will be replaced by level 84 in the xpac anyways.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
For gathering there's an achievement to collecting all the botany/mining items at least once and it rewards you with tools better than crafted with 3 guaranteed materia slots. The reality is you have no need to do the insane amount of work for the resplendent tools they will be replaced by level 84 in the xpac anyways.
There not worth it either Skysteel is alot better, and will be replaced at Endwalker anyway(maybe upgrades for Zodiac/Skysteel will be in Radz, ya know the place were the original Zodiac weapons were forged.)

Merrith

The Resplendent are pretty close to the Skysteel at the end, although Skysteel are slightly better, and both are better than normal crafted. It obviously takes effort for Skysteel or Resplendent, and you probably will replace either with either the ~84 or ~86/87 set, but if you want the best now and to last the longest into the next expansion, they're the way to go (only MH tools, though).

Chris your gathering retainers will bring back more of items depending on their gathering stat. Most non star mats can be brought back 30 at a time from one venture. Once you've over-leveled old stuff, can drop the time on the venture from an hour down to 40 minutes at the shortest.

Aazrael

Anyone have issues with the ingame sound crashing randomly? Have had the issue a few random times and always have to restart the client to get it back up and running.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have issues with the ingame sound crashing randomly? Have had the issue a few random times and always have to restart the client to get it back up and running.
Actually had that last night. For the first time ever. Was very strange.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It happens, rarely though, but yeah like every once in a while. I remember a post explaining why it happens, it's bad coding and using outdated sound functions or whatever, typical japanese dev thing, happens most of the time when you plugin headphones midgame but even randomly too. And don't expect it to get fixed, it's been happening since ARR.

For some reason happens more often in Sirius for me, whenever I get that in a roulette or whatever, there's a decent chance it'll crash the sound. Not like 100% or anything, I farmed Sirius solo shit with BLU and what not, but I wanna say it has happened maybe 4 or 5 times in that specific dungeon, while it happens less rarely elsewhere.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I was told you go back to Sea of Clouds in Heavensward before the end? Because I never saw the eastern side of the zone nor got 2 quest aether currents. But I finally got HW credits and am in Stormsblood, but it never happened?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird; have you completed the dragonsong stuff?

And really; if you have access to Ok'Zundu, you have the "other" aetheryte; may not be required to get flying if you never wandered over there (side quests, etc) or had someone ferry you around on the multiplayer chocobo.

Malakriss

Bismarck is part of the 2nd half, no way you skipped that.

But as a general rule there is usually 1-2 zones per expansion where you visit the first half and return later.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Bismarck is part of the 2nd half, no way you skipped that.

But as a general rule there is usually 1-2 zones per expansion where you visit the first half and return later.
Well it sure doesn't sound familiar. I just followed the MSQ stuff that popped up on the top left side of the screen. 80% of my Sea of Clouds map is unexplored. I'm missing 2 quest aether currents and 3 regular ones. I'm officially in Stormsblood, got HW final cutscene, HW final credits, and I now have my level 60 class quests available and am in the first Stormblood zone. I have not been back to Sea of Clouds since it first sent me there very very early into HW.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Are you using a USB sound device in a USB 3.0 port? I've heard this can be a cause.

• 1Moron

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was told you go back to Sea of Clouds in Heavensward before the end? Because I never saw the eastern side of the zone nor got 2 quest aether currents. But I finally got HW credits and am in Stormsblood, but it never happened?
Yeah Bismarck was the second "half" of Sea of Clouds. Most of the zone was unused in Heavensward as far as MSQ was concerned. The northeast specifically.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well it sure doesn't sound familiar. I just followed the MSQ stuff that popped up on the top left side of the screen. 80% of my Sea of Clouds map is unexplored. I'm missing 2 quest aether currents and 3 regular ones. I'm officially in Stormsblood, got HW final cutscene, HW final credits, and I now have my level 60 class quests available and am in the first Stormblood zone. I have not been back to Sea of Clouds since it first sent me there very very early into HW.
Maybe it's optional patch content? Must be a way over there or a quest in the zone or Ishgard that takes you there. Maybe it's the prequest to the alliance raid you need to do.