Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
His ultimate plan is to solo it, so the RDM plan was because it's a good "solo" class but now he's unlocking Mechanist so maybe he will swap.

Yeah, he went with a party this time to explore, get a taste of it, but one of his stupid goals is to get Necromancer before EW.

Here is the part of the stream in question :

Cybsled

Machinist plays a lot more like hunter in WoW, so he might do better with that on the basis of it being more familiar. But he's still going for an insanely difficult challenge. As shown on stream, you can get absolutely fucked by RNG. On one of the high floors, he got a couple debuffs that basically demolished his RDM.

But ya, the min ilevel/no echo might have been fine on ARR shit, but the difficulty of stuff ramps up a lot starting in HW and going into SB/ShB. I appreciate him trying it, but realistically he is going to hit a hard wall if he goes in blind and doesn't have normal raid coms.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
While RNG plays a part, it's more knowledge and focus that matter, a lot of the RNG can somewhat be edged out with proper play and decision making but you need to learn a lot of stuff like what type of detection every monster has, what monsters can be killed without poms, which can be killed with only steel, which also need strength, which shouldn't be attempted regardless, which require a line of sight close to prevent spells, which will burst you on aggro with a charge so you should prepare some preheals/line of sight and so on. Keeping count of patrols and their positions, hugging the walls at all times to avoid traps but also knowing the few spots that can be trapped even against the walls, managing your poms, preparing for the run killer Behemoth and so on. It's just a fairly different game from normal XIV and it has a fairly steep learning curve especially since it takes so long to climb back after you die.

I was trying for a while for the title, and might still try to go for it, but it took me quite a bunch of research and even then the best I did so far was like 173 or something like that. Every run takes so fucking long and the early parts are so boring, but if you don't pay attention you can still randomly fuck up and die so it's somewhat draining.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait how the hell did he get past a3s on min ilvl?? Maybe my memory is bad but wasn’t that the real kick in the balls that raid tier? making the a3s dps check on min ilvl is impressive

Also, were they trying to do a4s the ethical way ?(which makes it one of the hardest fights of any mmo in history)

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Necromancer took me like 100h~, so I do think Asmong could finish story + do an ult + get necromancer before endwalker. Just need some focused play.

Old content is just a lot easier now because of scaling / class buffs (re: A3s etc).

Goonsquad Officer
they did a3s through sheer brute force attempts and the power of Dominic Toretto.

They tried to just learn A4S but the cryptic debuff/buff based mechanics, and waking up steamy legs kept nuking them all dead.

Malkav

French Madman
Wait how the hell did he get past a3s on min ilvl?? Maybe my memory is bad but wasn’t that the real kick in the balls that raid tier? making the a3s dps check on min ilvl is impressive

Also, were they trying to do a4s the ethical way ?(which makes it one of the hardest fights of any mmo in history)

A3S was heavily nerfed over the years, and even running MINE is definitely not period accurate (accuracy has been replaced by DH giving free DPS, potencies have highly increased, jobs are easier...).

Malkav

French Madman
Necromancer took me like 100h~, so I do think Asmong could finish story + do an ult + get necromancer before endwalker. Just need some focused play.

Old content is just a lot easier now because of scaling / class buffs (re: A3s etc).

The issue is that he doesn't want to improve. He acts like he is "doing fine" while not doing the melee combo as RDM because "it does shit damage" or constantly breaking combos and being an overall shit main tank as DRK.

Edit : Threads about this kind of things have even started to be removed from his subreddit and mod teams posted this :
Hell, a recent thread about the subject with 1500 upvotes disappeared and from the mod posts it seems Asmon removed it himself lol.

1629481207237.png

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Giving content creators control over their own subreddits is always a terrible idea.

You need the freedom to both pat them on the back when they are doing well and tell them they're being an idiot and are wrong when they are.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've had 4 run fails in PoTD... 3 at 140(fucking ghost add's), and 1 at 178 Ran out of Time ....

haven't tried too go back sense, might try again but fuck it takes soo fucking long too get down that far =/ I've dipped my toes into HoH solo'ing but haven't really pushed for it yet.

they did a3s through sheer brute force attempts and the power of Dominic Toretto.

They tried to just learn A4S but the cryptic debuff/buff based mechanics, and waking up steamy legs kept nuking them all dead.

So much for any Ultimate then.. well except maybe UcoB(that doesn't have any weird debuffs, the Twintania/Nael part does have a puzzle..), but Weapons Refrain(Beyond the limits buffs, are required too survive the transistion from Titan -> Ultimate Weapon, a hint the buffs are for you're Ranged DPS/Melee DPS and you're healer not the tank...), and well TEA has the enigma codex which is a massive puzzle to even solve let alone figure out how too use it..

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm making great progress getting all my jobs from 35 to 50 via spamming dungeons with the grand company squadron, averaging one a day with some solid playtime in the evenings. It's decent for sanity too as you can change dungeon every few levels and play with real people as a healer because instant queue.

Now this method goes all the way up to lv60 but then there's no NPC party for lv60-70.

I can start Bozja/Trust NPCs at 70 and maybe run a lv60 dungeon a few times to get to lv62-63... but how the hell do I level DPS in the mid 60s? I don't want to do deep dungeon 40 times either!

Anyone got any ideas? The last suggestion someone made when quest/hunting log exp dried up was to use the grand company NPCs which has been amazing, so thanks for that!

Do leves ever get good?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Leves are not good for combat no. Neither are FATEs really, although they were buffed so they're not terrible. Could probably do one char on FATEs before it gets too boring. Other than potd, it's just dungeons. Honestly DPS queues aren't that bad. While waiting, you can do beastmen daillies(not super great xp in HW but not bad), centurio hunt daillies(not that much xp but pretty quick if you use the website that show you where to go, get some centurio seals to unlock various things like mounts and pets too) and FATEs inbetween. And obviously roulettes but I'm sure you're doing these.

So yeah just dungeon runs, with whatever inbetween, can take a break and watch some TV shows or whatever, or can go crafting/gathering for a bit while queue pops, or can grind FATEs so it's faster although a lot more annoying, this kind of stuff.

Also make sure you have the preorder earring(iirc it's accessible already?), food and lvl 3 FC buff(via GC missions if your FC doesn't have it up, every week you can get 5 or 10 depending on rank that last for 2hours).

Chris

Potato del Grande
What gear do you get for lv50 scenario skip? Just had two guys in full Ironworks Gear in Aurum Vale and it was a shitshow. Hadly any DPS was being done.

You only get Poetics 50+ and I don't think you'd get enough for a full set before outlevelling the gear.

Not even sure it's the best lv50 Poetics gear either (there's 3 sets?), but crafted stuff on the market board/from vendors is much better than the Poetics stuff anyway.

Leves are not good for combat no. Neither are FATEs really, although they were buffed so they're not terrible. Could probably do one char on FATEs before it gets too boring. Other than potd, it's just dungeons. Honestly DPS queues aren't that bad. While waiting, you can do beastmen daillies(not super great xp in HW but not bad), centurio hunt daillies(not that much xp but pretty quick if you use the website that show you where to go, get some centurio seals to unlock various things like mounts and pets too) and FATEs inbetween. And obviously roulettes but I'm sure you're doing these.

So yeah just dungeon runs, with whatever inbetween, can take a break and watch some TV shows or whatever, or can go crafting/gathering for a bit while queue pops, or can grind FATEs so it's faster although a lot more annoying, this kind of stuff.

Also make sure you have the preorder earring(iirc it's accessible already?), food and lvl 3 FC buff(via GC missions if your FC doesn't have it up, every week you can get 5 or 10 depending on rank that last for 2hours).
Thanks, got the earrings. Never done hunts, are they in Stormblood as I've only seen the ARR and Heavensward NPCs for that?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a board in Rhalgr's reach as well as in Kugane. Rhalgar's is like right across the hall from the tomestone/token vendors, and Kugane is on the bottom level/outside of the spiral tower thing near the docks.

Malkav

French Madman
What gear do you get for lv50 scenario skip? Just had two guys in full Ironworks Gear in Aurum Vale and it was a shitshow. Hadly any DPS was being done.

You only get Poetics 50+ and I don't think you'd get enough for a full set before outlevelling the gear.

Not even sure it's the best lv50 Poetics gear either (there's 3 sets?), but crafted stuff on the market board/from vendors is much better than the Poetics stuff anyway.

You don't get gear from the ARR Story boost since it doesn't level a job. You get lvl70 poetic gear with the lvl70 job boosts.

Poetic gear is old end of expansion top end tome gear. For example, after EW releases, the augmented Cryptlurker (ilvl530) will become the lvl80 poetic gear. There is no crafted gear better than it at the same level. It also usually lasts for 5 or 6 level before you start replacing it in the next expansion.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Thanks, got the earrings. Never done hunts, are they in Stormblood as I've only seen the ARR and Heavensward NPCs for that?

The level 50 Augmented Ironworks gear is Ilvl 130 and is the best gear available to the level, I don't think there's anything crafted or vendored that matches it.

Same for Augmented Shire gear at 60 (270) and Augmented Scaevan gear at 70 (400)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
There's Lv50 Heavensward crafted gear that's 115, which is what my lv50 jobs have.

So looks like Ironworks is 120 so thanks for correcting me, they did have the best gear.

Totally confused what the fuck they were doing then, was a Monk and a Paladin. Logically to have that gear it's probably alt jobs, but then you'd think they would know how to play. They were sprouts too.

I've literally run Aurum Vale 10-20 times in the last few days and this group was the worst despite the great gear.