Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Could just be me missing something important that I overlooked? But its been hinted at that Primals are being taken care of by individual states at this point. We dont really know the population of each state, so if they said it takes 1000's of people to kill a primal doesnt really put any significance into it.
I'd love to see where this was mentioned seeing as how anyone without an echo gets irrevocably brainwashed if they're near a primal for too long. Maybe if the campaign to deprive beast tribes of crystals has been so successful that it led to a bunch of really weak summonings or something. Like weaker than 4 man Ifrit weak.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd love to see where this was mentioned seeing as how anyone without an echo gets irrevocably brainwashed if they're near a primal for too long. Maybe if the campaign to deprive beast tribes of crystals has been so successful that it led to a bunch of really weak summonings or something. Like weaker than 4 man Ifrit weak.
I'm honestly not disputing your claim, as I clearly pointed out? "Could just be me missing something important that I overlooked?" But I swear I read multiple times where state leaders are sending troops to deal with primal threats. Asking for me to pull out individual story points in FFXIV's MSQ is asking me to review hours upon hours to justify my argument, however. So you can win this if you want, whatever.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Honestly, with where the story is at - Im hoping we see the end of Primals being a threat in any meaningful capacity sometime soon. They are far too easy to summon given how frequently we encounter them and how easily they are dispatched within the lore.

Given next xpac concludes the Ascian/Hydalean/Zodiark arc, and primals were basically an Ascian plan, I suspect that will be more or less solved.

It will also give a lore reason to disband the Scions - their main mission will be complete (eliminate the Ascian and Primal threat)

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That will depend on whether the Ascians were the source of the primals or not. They were using powers to make things, but that doesn't mean they were the source of that power.

Malkav

French Madman
To be fair with the Beast Tribes now allying themselves with the Eorzean Alliance and without the Garlean oppression, there should be way less Summonings overall.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That will depend on whether the Ascians were the source of the primals or not. They were using powers to make things, but that doesn't mean they were the source of that power.
I only just finished 5.0, but I remember somewhere in the lead up or during Amaurot it's pretty directly explained that the Ascians are the source of the techniques to summon primals, but we fractured beings don't possess the aether to properly fuel them which is why they feed off the land instead.

To be fair with the Beast Tribes now allying themselves with the Eorzean Alliance and without the Garlean oppression, there should be way less Summonings overall.
Unless this is something I haven't gotten to in ShB yet, every Beast tribe has a group that hasn't allied with the Alliance that is responsible for continued primal summoning. Ardbert and the warriors from the First killed several primals during their time here before you came into conflict with them in Heavensward.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can't remember the exact lore but one of the Amarout dungeons has flavour text throughout it and leads up to fighting Quezacotyl, I feel like it's some sort of proto-primal?

Malkav

French Madman
I can't remember the exact lore but one of the Amarout dungeons has flavour text throughout it and leads up to fighting Quezacotyl, I feel like it's some sort of proto-primal?

More or less. The quest explains that the Akadaemia was studying a variation of Creation Magics that converts one's aether into a new entity instead of creating from ambient aether. This ultimately led to Zodiark (sacrificing the Aether of half the population for his creation).

But Primal Summoning is descended from the Ancients Creation Magic.

Malkav

French Madman
Unless this is something I haven't gotten to in ShB yet, every Beast tribe has a group that hasn't allied with the Alliance that is responsible for continued primal summoning. Ardbert and the warriors from the First killed several primals during their time here before you came into conflict with them in Heavensward.

A lot of those continue Summoning because they are already tempered, like the kobolds. For instance, the Kobold High Priest that is here during the Grand Company of Eorzea founding is the one who was trying to summon Titan earlier and that we untempered.

Daidraco

I only just finished 5.0, but I remember somewhere in the lead up or during Amaurot it's pretty directly explained that the Ascians are the source of the techniques to summon primals, but we fractured beings don't possess the aether to properly fuel them which is why they feed off the land instead.

Wait, you havent even finished the storyline up to the current patch? Fucking L..O...L.. get the fk out of my face with your dumb ass. Here I am thinking I missed something. There are entire groups of people that arent susceptible to being tempered. C'mon man, why clown on people about lore when you dont even know the lore/story.

"I" want them to move onto something new that doesnt involve primals. They have plenty of subject matter for trials at this point.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, obviously if you haven't done 5.4/5.5 you're kinda missing every recent developpment regarding Primals and Beast Tribes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, you havent even finished the storyline up to the current patch? Fucking L..O...L.. get the fk out of my face with your dumb ass. Here I am thinking I missed something. There are entire groups of people that arent susceptible to being tempered. C'mon man, why clown on people about lore when you dont even know the lore/story.

"I" want them to move onto something new that doesnt involve primals. They have plenty of subject matter for trials at this point.
Unbind your fucking panties. I wasn't trying to clown on anyone so I don't know why you're being so goddamn defensive.

Yeah, obviously if you haven't done 5.4/5.5 you're kinda missing every recent developpment regarding Primals and Beast Tribes.
Well oops. I didn't expect them to introduce that dramatic a change to the lore right before EW, because tempering has been a really big deal throughout the story for years and years. I guess it's kind of a relief that we end up focusing back on the Source at some point and don't spend the entirety of 5.x in the First.

• 1Moron

Daidraco

Unbind your fucking panties. I wasn't trying to clown on anyone so I don't know why you're being so goddamn defensive.
250-2505197_retard-grug-meme-hd-png-download.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Welp…was doing pally and DK but saw I could use xp for samurai and red mage. So unlocked samurai. Holy shit the buttons. Gonna poke red mage tonight. I keep getting distracted from the main storyline.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Shadowbringers is a nice break from primals, Endwalker isn't looking so good on that front though lol.
Minus the whole
eden raid storyline
. Also I don't know if we're
tempered by Hydaelyn, since it's implied we're the 14th member of the convocation, Azem. Are the other Ascians tempered to Zodiark?