Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of these are pretty poorly made, with wrong categories as a whole or just some spells in the wrong categories or wrong info, but nice to see some tooltips. NIN changes seem weird, basically everytime you raiton, you then get 2 weapon skills to follow up? That sounds like it'll be clunky as fuck during the burst phases. I guess you just don't aeolian for a while or something, like Raiton > new 2 Raiton followups > Raiton > new 2 followups while weaving. Everything's being a charge sounds like it'll be annoying though cause there's this small animation lock on every charge that prevents you from moving during them.

DNC got a not previously mentionned change, Improvisation is now an aoe heal, rather than an aoe healing increase buff. Worse at tapping for instant weaves(but the timing on that was tight to make it lands on a healer hard casting heals anyway) but you can actually use it to save mana on transitions on your healers I guess. Also comes with a nice aoe shield follow up once it's charged up, so should be good for every transition regardless which is nice. The Tech Dance finisher also lets you rebuff Esprit on your partner after it's over, so should get some gauge a bit more consistently. Overall not particularly big changes but nice enough. Tooltips don't explain how you get the new Fan Dance though, might be trait related(not sure why they didn't screenshot the traits too).

BLM finally gets Blizzard II changed to a targetted aoe instead of a pbaoe, so aoeing at low lvl shouldn't be so fucking weird anymore. Freeze still shits on it once you get to 40 though. No mention of what gives Paradox for the new spell, so it's either a trait or gauge based.

Malkav

French Madman
Some of these are pretty poorly made, with wrong categories as a whole or just some spells in the wrong categories or wrong info, but nice to see some tooltips.

Oh yeah definitely. You can see the guy who did those has no clue about how jobs play.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
RDM is in the comments also, pretty much same class, a new defensive cd like ranged phys(which also increases healing done), embolden works for everyone and one cool qol thing is you can now "hold" Verholy/flare after the melee combo, the combo gives you Mana Stacks and holy/flare consume 3 stacks to cast, so you don't have to chain them together if you need to do something else, or want to hold them for movement phase. Not sure on the duration but that's a nice change.

Overall most classes that didn't get big reworks are just getting a few new follow-up buttons to press once every 1-2minutes, and some slight qol changes and not much else, which is pretty interesting considering usually new expansion stuff has been bigger, changing rotations and such. Not that I'm complaining much, I think a lot of classes are just fine the way they are to begin with, and button bloat is something they need to fix before they start adding crazy new shit.

Malkav

French Madman
RDM is in the comments also, pretty much same class, a new defensive cd like ranged phys(which also increases healing done), embolden works for everyone and one cool qol thing is you can now "hold" Verholy/flare after the melee combo, the combo gives you Mana Stacks and holy/flare consume 3 stacks to cast, so you don't have to chain them together if you need to do something else, or want to hold them for movement phase. Not sure on the duration but that's a nice change.

Overall most classes that didn't get big reworks are just getting a few new follow-up buttons to press once every 1-2minutes, and some slight qol changes and not much else, which is pretty interesting considering usually new expansion stuff has been bigger, changing rotations and such. Not that I'm complaining much, I think a lot of classes are just fine the way they are to begin with, and button bloat is something they need to fix before they start adding crazy new shit.

Also for RDM, you only need 50 B/W mana for the melee combo, and you get 2 charges of the gap closer as well as 2 charges of the jump back/alternative to jump back. And Manafication instantly gives you 50 B/W and restores a charge of each.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd forgotten how the Commendations come flooding in on Tank. I used to think Healer was a decent return but after having spent the last week running through instances like Forrest Gump I've added around 160 to my total

Malkav

French Madman
A bit disappointed that there is no surprises for MNK. It's basically everyting we knew after last LL, nothing new, and Anatman is still useless.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Honestly thinking more and more about going SMN. The job just seems so fun now.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The bitter memories are actually really easy to get doing cluster farming groups in the first Bozja zone. Not sure if there are many anymore b/c everyone probably got everything they need and have huge stockpiles of Lost Actions already, but farm groups doing mass pulls in the first zone you will randomly get drops of bitter memories and the 20/20/20 Fate drop steps. As long as you keep a class on each of those steps can just build those up while cluster farming. Granted like I said, this was a couple months ago when people were doing them pretty reg. I actually ending up getting enough bitter memories to complete every class relic from this (although I don't have nearly enough of everything else to finish all relics).
You talking about the "cluster farm", right? It still happens, just didn't know that it was that many bitter memories from this. I still see quite a few cluster farm groups going on, but maybe the Aether DC is just more busy than others. I'll hop on this and see if I can't farm up a bunch.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You talking about the "cluster farm", right? It still happens, just didn't know that it was that many bitter memories from this. I still see quite a few cluster farm groups going on, but maybe the Aether DC is just more busy than others. I'll hop on this and see if I can't farm up a bunch.

Yeah the drops from magitech enemies that you can exchange for cosmetic stuff, certain Lost Actions or whatever. Actual farm groups will mass pull across all 3 of the zones with 2-3 people in each and the entire group will get whatever drops, you'll get the bitter memories and HW Fate drops occasionally. If you do it long enough, stocks up pretty quick.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the drops from magitech enemies that you can exchange for cosmetic stuff, certain Lost Actions or whatever. Actual farm groups will mass pull across all 3 of the zones with 2-3 people in each and the entire group will get whatever drops, you'll get the bitter memories and HW Fate drops occasionally. If you do it long enough, stocks up pretty quick.
1634182804162.png

Clusters be coming in FAST! but no memories. :(

• 1Like

Cybsled

I liked that subtle shade he threw, basically saying "world first isn't that valid because you're playing with a big advantage using 3rd party tools"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users