Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reinstalled Windows and now my PS Remote Play won't work... the "Log in to PSN" button launches a window for half a second then greys out.

Was trying to make my laptop faster to prep for Endwalker, now it's effectively bricked for FF14...

I don't suppose anyone has had this problem and can help? Did Windows update and reinstalled Remote Play.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Dat ce earring is amazing. Need no other esr slot for 1 to 80

The earring is just a pre-order bonus, don't need the CE for it.

the CE comes with the Arion mount, an extra pet, and a scythe weapon.

Personally, if you want the CE stuff, I would get it later when it goes on sale. They do a 50% upgrade sale later on, so you can upgrade for $8-$10.

• 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Never bought a CE. I'd say if you're into making alts, the HW one is good though since it comes with a Fantasia, so every new char you make gets a fantasia from ARR and one from the HW CE, which is nice to have I guess. But I don't really make alts. Iirc on sale the HW CE was also cheaper than a full price fantasia, so it was a nice way to save a dollar or whatever on that, but once in a while they do fantasia sales which are better.

Anyway yeah I'd only consider CEs as basically paid mounts, and I dislike all of the mounts so I don't buy them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah every expansion now they have a preorder earring that adds the last 10 levels compared to the previous one(also originally they didn't scale but now they do to your level). It's worth preordering generally just for that, plus you're preordering a mmo expansion so it's not like there's stuff you might not know much about like normal preorder, so it's kinda whatever. Hell you can cancel your preorder and pretty sure you keep the earring anyway(and you can play the early access too, there's a grace period until the real release).

Was cleaning up some expansion prep stuff and found out you can't spec a retainer into another job. I got confused by the fact that since expansion jobs don't have a base class, when you spec a retainer into a job, you get a bunch of jobs to pick from, but now I found out it's just your class > job combo + all the expansion jobs, rather than everything. So had to buy a retainer boost(they're on sale so it doesn't sting as much), since my retainer was CNJ but I "need" MNK for early retainer leveling. Guess I should have checked into that earlier and I could have relvled it by hand, but this close to the expansion I'm not sure I could make it and I'd hate not to be able to use ventures at launch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

FFXIV turned Savix from a glad-pvper into an RPer in FFXIV. Rofl

Screenshot 2021-11-03 180847 - Copy.png

• 1Truth!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Live Letter in a bit over an hour, feel like it's worth mentionning but they'll probably be showing the Launch Trailer. Unlike the previous trailer, which is the ingame intro movie, this one will be a more traditional trailer with ingame cinematics/gameplay, which means it will contain probably a lot of spoilers. You can check the ShB Launch Trailer to see what sort of spoilers it contained. It doesn't reveal everything about the story, but several key points were shown, which if you hate spoilers would be pretty annoying. I know I won't be watching this one(I watched the ShB trailer after I finished the story and was glad I didn't watch it during the LL last expansion).

Rest of the LL should be mostly spoiler-less though, might show some new areas and shit but no story bits.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Live Letter in a bit over an hour, feel like it's worth mentionning but they'll probably be showing the Launch Trailer. Unlike the previous trailer, which is the ingame intro movie, this one will be a more traditional trailer with ingame cinematics/gameplay, which means it will contain probably a lot of spoilers. You can check the ShB Launch Trailer to see what sort of spoilers it contained. It doesn't reveal everything about the story, but several key points were shown, which if you hate spoilers would be pretty annoying. I know I won't be watching this one(I watched the ShB trailer after I finished the story and was glad I didn't watch it during the LL last expansion).

Rest of the LL should be mostly spoiler-less though, might show some new areas and shit but no story bits.

Honestly the only thing really spoilery from the ShB launch trailer was the quote at the end. Without any context none of the rest of it felt like spoilers.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
And to start things off tonight, they drop a bomb.

Endwalker delayed by 2 weeks. Early Access is December 3rd, release December 7th.

• 1WTF

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sucks gotta wait another 2 weeks, but might be easier for me to take off for early release this way hahaha

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly the only thing really spoilery from the ShB launch trailer was the quote at the end. Without any context none of the rest of it felt like spoilers.
Vaulthry's twist, Minfillia being there(it was known there'd be something about it from Thancred's line in the intro, but you clearly see both Minfillia and Ryne at the same time), the first night creation cutscene and then yeah the big reveal at the end. On top of that there's a bunch of content spoiler which is less important but you can see Innocence for example which iirc they hadn't shown in the LLs. As I said doesn't spoil most of the big stuff or anything but still was a bunch of stuff.

2weeks delay is kinda weird, seems too short to get a lot done, they must have some small things to polish maybe?