Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Only need 1 weapon yeah, and it only needs to be at Pyros level(so complete Anemos and Pagos only). In Hydatos the vendor that upgrade the elemental armor is available even without progressing the relic weapon to that step as far as I remember, but in Pyros the vendor only pops after you start the relic weapon quest in that area. You can obviously progress the weapon further for glamour too if you like the appearance, although the Hydatos step is super suck since they never nerfed it down.
Nice. Pyros is just buying stuff off market board and I assume crystals from FATEs right?

Will probably go for the final steps anyway though, do you need to do Baldesion Arsenal for the relic weapon?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nice. Pyros is just buying stuff off market board and I assume crystals from FATEs right?

Will probably go for the final steps anyway though, do you need to do Baldesion Arsenal for the relic weapon?
Pyros is crystal and light again, but a lot less light iirc. You need the market board stuff for the armor, not the weapon(need the 50 actions or whatever it was to buy the armor). Hydatos is just crystals but with a shit droprate. BA is not necessary for anything besides BA stuff specifically(mount and minions and shit). You do need the 10 additional actions(can buy on market again for that) to get the +1 armor for the shiny look in Hydatos.

I'd buy the stuff last though, cause you'll get free shit from doing the zones themselves so you won't need everything. There's a calculator somewhere to tell you what you should be buying.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pyros is crystal and light again, but a lot less light iirc. You need the market board stuff for the armor, not the weapon(need the 50 actions or whatever it was to buy the armor). Hydatos is just crystals but with a shit droprate. BA is not necessary for anything besides BA stuff specifically(mount and minions and shit). You do need the 10 additional actions(can buy on market again for that) to get the +1 armor for the shiny look in Hydatos.

I'd buy the stuff last though, cause you'll get free shit from doing the zones themselves so you won't need everything. There's a calculator somewhere to tell you what you should be buying.
Thanks for the help! All the guides for this gane are written missing step by step information, it's just 80% of the info in non linear categories :/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the help! All the guides for this gane are written missing step by step information, it's just 80% of the info in non linear categories :/
For Eureka you kinda want to look up guides for each step, since not too many people bothered going back and making one huge guide for everything. Sometimes you'll see a reddit post that sums up everything at once written the expansion after so with that in mind("you can unsync this, you only need x of that after the nerfs, use BLU for that" etc). There's a Eureka specific discord too that still has basically all the old info in pins and stuff, which also includes bozjan/zadnor stuff(basically a discord specifically for that type of content, like there's a discord for potd/hoh or for fishing or for BLU and so on).

All the info is out there but yeah it's often not super organized. I ran into similar issues looking into Skysung tools requirements at every step recently, there's various sources but it's not always super clear how many things you need and stuff.

On the flipside it's super easy to get answers to specific questions usually, either in novice chat, reddit daily question thread or FFXIV main discord, cause there's so many people who have done virtually everything there is to do. Google will usually find the answers too but sometimes it can require a bit of digging, especially in reddit links.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Critical information in case you missed it

1637849482213.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hah, the people hoarding HQ mats hoping they still give a bonus are in for a sad time. I approve of literally all those changes, though the xp resets are going to make me do some hoops prior to release so I'm not doing 99% of a level again after 6.0 hits.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I still have HQ fishes for leve turn ins, because their explanation is somewhat vague on fishing, as per usual. In the LL they said fishes are probably still having a special status equivalent to HQ(but something else, they said Big Fish in the LL but hopefully they remember that's also something else currently) but no idea if HQ gets converted to that or if it's only new fish or if it's something irrelevant. Regardless figured I'd rather have HQ and have to convert them down to NQ if they're not useful than not have them.

Other than that don't think I've seen anyone hoarding HQ mats since they announced that a really long time ago already, in fact even the HQ post is from a couple weeks ago or whenever, this post is just a reminder with links to all the previous patches.

Things to note before the patch is just complete your levels if you have any that's close, and if you don't want to waste time getting belts back from the salvager(which in typical XIV fashion I expect will require several inputs per belt) just drop them in your inventory instead, including your equipped and retainer belts, so you can remove materias and desynth them straight away(also not sure if they fixed it but make sure you're on a crafting class when desynthing for the challenge log). Scrips and tomes is just the usual shit and HQ isn't something with a direct impact since you can convert to NQ still.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Retainer XP reset to zero is a bit of a bitch if you're in the 70s. I know one of mine is sitting midway to 73 right now so that doesn't fill me with joy.

Malkav

French Madman
Retainer XP reset to zero is a bit of a bitch if you're in the 70s. I know one of mine is sitting midway to 73 right now so that doesn't fill me with joy.

Honestly just spam quick ventures on it it's really quick to level and you could be done before EW.

• 2Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Crafting items that are mid-crafts for specific items are still staying at HQ, like cloth/thread/ingots..

The major nerf is coming for Gatherer's no more HQ, expect fishers(But even that it just seems they are adding another Big Fish system..)

Malkav

French Madman
To me their "Big Fish" instead of HQ just means they are talking about fish size. Remember that for collectables, the rating depends directly from the fish size.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't know how much you can queue but with quick ventures, it's like 5 ventures per lvl or something like that iirc, so it's pretty easily doable to get to 80 before EW launch if you can start a venture when you go to work, get one going when you come back, then a couple more after that before you go to bed and that'll get you mostly there. If you can spam them one day during the weekend that'll be easy.

Also just to be clear, it's to 0 for a given level, not fully 0. Worst you'll lose is like 3-4ventures worth of xp.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Checked Cryptic things for Eureka armor, 300k a pop and need 2 for the armor piece. Sad I'm broke and can't afford. Will postpone my endavours into that land until I make some monays from Endwalker. :p

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Checked Cryptic things for Eureka armor, 300k a pop and need 2 for the armor piece. Sad I'm broke and can't afford. Will postpone my endavours into that land until I make some monays from Endwalker. :p
You don't NEED it mind you, it's just nice to have cause it gives you a pretty big power boost inside Eureka. That said if you're broke you probably won't be able to afford the shit for the shiny armor either. On the flipside, Eureka is a good place to make money especially once you get to Pyros, lots of shit there you can farm for gold if you're willing to camp rabbit FATEs.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hah, the people hoarding HQ mats hoping they still give a bonus are in for a sad time. I approve of literally all those changes, though the xp resets are going to make me do some hoops prior to release so I'm not doing 99% of a level again after 6.0 hits.
I've been selling all my HQ gathers at the AH for a while.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't know why this shit website says dollars in the title, but yeah saw that post on reddit the other day, funny shit. The guy sounded like a real fucking idiot after too, pretending he didn't bot and the seller "hacked him" and shit.