Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I think back to FFXI I can't really pinpoint where all the gil came from, I guess slowly over time from monsters? There were like 3 quests in the entire game, and I'm not even sure they awarded you gil. All money was made via the auction house, and that was it. The gil you got from mobs was so insignificant that it might as well have not been dropped at all.

Also, I am a little saddened that within two weeks people have multiple jobs/classes at 50 and have relics completed. I wish SE went the FFXI route and made levelling actually take some time and relics take months. I could use a hardmode game.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
We're talking people playing 20/7 and/ or running fates most, if not all the time.
It's not really accurate for the average gamer to reach this anywhere as quick.

While this certainly isn't FF11 where you could only progress while having exp farming groups, it's a nice balance I think. Then again, damn. I loved those times in Sebilis/ SolA/ SolB/ Guk farming in groups. Camp check anyone. People also were TALKING a lot more back then (not sure if that's good or bad these days).

spronk

FPS noob
Its really not that long to hit 50, I fucked around a LOT (only had level 11 by the time open beta ended on a single class, nothing else) and during early access leveled multiple classes, mining, wandered around the world, etc and was still 50 within 1 week. The second 50 is ridiculously faster due to bonus and having fates as the only realistic source of XP, its probably under 30 hours for your second and further 50s.

The summer festival is live and lets you buy swimsuits. You have to do the return of the king fate in costa del sol and collect wet bombard ash. Its 30 for a swimsuit set (15 top 15 bottom), 3 for some other parts, and 96 total for every single possible swimsuit. If you leveled via fates you should have 2-3 stacks of the shit, hope you didn't vendor it. The vendors for the swimsuits are in each major city.

CMPpcUi.png

7jAajw1h.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree most won't be 50 for some time, but it's still kind of shitty. I'm playing fairly casually, albeit daily, and my highest is only 25 right now. If I poopsocked I'm sure I could hit 50 in a couple days, but I just can't right now. I guess the bonus is I won't be burnt out anytime soon.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm bringing about 10k a day into the economy through high end cooking levequests. It's not a lot of money but it more than covers my daily repairs.

I don't know how pure DoM/DoW players are supposed to generate more gil than they destroy though.
Technically you're not bringing any money into the economy. You're just taking it from other players. Once the quests run out for the majority of people, gil will get hit with huge deflation.

As far as crafting goes, if you're not 50 already, you missed the boat. I hit 50 carpenter yesterday and it's basically already at the point where I can't sell shit. If I put something up on the market, in 10 minutes there are 20 that have undercut me. All in all I sunk 100k into it (50k of that for HQ chest piece). Totally not worth it just so I can "slot materia" (even though none of the dungeon dropped shit has materia slots).

And leveling is super easy. I've got a 50 BRD, 22 LNC, 19 CNJ, 17 GLD and all the rest of my adventure classes are between 10-15. Also 50 CRP, and 15 in all of the other trades except culinarian and armorer. I'm definitely playing a lot, but not anywhere near how much I played other MMO's.

And fuck those swimsuits. My first retainer is completely full and my second is about half full. I don't have room for retarded shit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Somehow I completely missed the word "levequests" in there. My bad.

Yeah, leves bring in a decent amount of money. Not nearly enough though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Read on reddit that Yoshida said a while back he didn't want too many sources of gold before they add housing in 2.1, so people don't amass stupid amounts, but that they will add ways to generate money once said housing is in. Don't know if there's a source but that seems like a decent enough explanation. Currently you can kinda self sustain on leves and farming low level shit that still sells decently in exchange of gold generated by other people's quests. As long as new characters are being made, some gold enter the economy but not that much. Do hope they take a look at dungeons though, and especially splitting stacks of coins from chests and making them better coins. It's stupid atm that you can do a run of Amdapor and if you don't speedrun it and actually kill shit, it costs like 1k in repairs and you're lucky if you get 200g in coins. If you speedrun it though it only costs like 100g, unless you're the tank but even then it's not much.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish they'd do something about AK. I've only run it like 15 times and I'm really not looking forward to another 55.

And that's assuming I want to stick with bard. I like the class a lot, but there are about to be 30 times as many. And I hate being the popular class.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
When I think back to FFXI I can't really pinpoint where all the gil came from, I guess slowly over time from monsters? There were like 3 quests in the entire game, and I'm not even sure they awarded you gil. All money was made via the auction house, and that was it. The gil you got from mobs was so insignificant that it might as well have not been dropped at all.
Fishing initially let a ton of gil into the game, especially from bots. They'd just sell the fish to merchants.

Some of the high end content also dropped lots of gil or items that sold for gil. But honestly you didn't need a ton of Gil in FFXI because you could always liquidate your gear and re-sell it if you needed - and there wasn't a ton of gil sinks.

groovy_and_sl

shitlord
I also did some of the GC hunting logs which I'm pretty sure resulted in more seals than fates. This is of course only when I didn't have a mount and would arrive at the lvl 20ish fates just in time for it to be over.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Just made a toon on gilg too, any guild invites? toon named erased, trying out archer /shrug

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I also did some of the GC hunting logs which I'm pretty sure resulted in more seals than fates. This is of course only when I didn't have a mount and would arrive at the lvl 20ish fates just in time for it to be over.
GC hunting log is good but can only be done once, and doesn't really give much xp. I would probably do half the GC log(since the 2nd half is like 30ish so at 20 that's rough) and then just farm fates for a level or so. Great thing about FATEs is they give good seals and good xp.